Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Bigred's Videogame Thread

Default Bigred's Videogame Thread

Truth be told, videogames are awesome. This thread is inspired by the LBP thread and by UG picking up an xbox 360. Welcome to the wide world of current gen gaming UG. Feel free to discuss any game you've been playing, have played, or are looking forward to playing.

I've actually been on quite the playing spree lately.

Single player games I've recently beaten:

360: Gears of War 2, Left 4 dead

PS3: Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet

Still need to beat Resistance 2, I'll get to that eventually.

My roommate has been playing the latest Prince of Persia for Xbox 360. It looks pretty cool, I'll probably try that out later.

Lastly, I downloaded the Resident Evil 5 demo for Ps3 last night. It's pretty badass. If anyone has a ps3 and wants to play my psn is bgj84v. Demo is a free download.

Xbox360 tag is ScottMalkenson. I'd be willing to play Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, Fifa 09, or Gears of War 2.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    that would be cool if they came out with another parasite eve for ps3. also for ps3 i've been playing COD:modern warfare non stop.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    I've been meaning to buy that but for some reason there's always been something I want just a little more. Will, what's your PSN tag?

My biggest anticipated game for 09 is God of War 3. I can't wait!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    RelaxTakeItEZ
    NES ftw

but since you have newer consoles just download the old NES games to them and play
    bigred wont play halo with you
    Bigred's favorite video game?

Invaders.
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes
    bigred wont play halo with you
    I'd prefer not to play halo. I'm bored of it.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Xbox 360 tax: UG1979

Current games are NCAA Football 2009 and GTA4. GTA4 seems decent but I haven't really played much yet. I haven't even used any weapons yet, so that tells you how far into the game I am so far.

NCAA is ok. The last NCAA game I owned was 2005, but my favorite (by far) is 2004 (Carson Palmer on the cover). That game was just so fast, so wide open....it was pretty sick. The current 2009 version I have seems to play slower, a lot more like the old Madden games played (I've never been a huge Madden fan). It'll probably take some getting used to, but defense seems more like "pick a play and let the computer play it for you." There just doesn't seem to be the freedom of the 2004 game I remember.

Overall I'm happy with the purchases I made.

Games I'll probably get soon: Gears of War and (I think?) it's a Call of Duty game. Some kid in one of my classes is selling me a bunch of his old (and newer) games. Hopefully I'll have them soon so I can get online and have you guys own me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred
    My biggest anticipated game for 09 is God of War 3. I can't wait!
    QFT
    consoles are for wannabe gamers imo.
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
    Who the hell would want to be an actual gamer? Wannabee is enough for me.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    DO NOT waste your money on Prince Of Persia. It's all eye candy and no fun. It becomes extremely repetitive after the first 30 minutes. There's really not much to do in that game.

I'm going to get LBP soon.

And I highly recommend Portal (part of the Orange Box pack -- from the makers of the Half-Life series) for anyone that's into FPS and puzzle games. It's not a shooter, but you control it like a shooter. It's really a brain-teasing environmental puzzle. Hard to explain without seeing it in action.
    buy orange box
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    fallout 3/end thread
    Jman: every time the action is to you, it's an opportunity for you to make the perfect play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da GOAT
    fallout 3/end thread
    The great part about fallout 3 is I beat it but only played life half the game. Everyy other day or so I'll play a side quest cause it's so fun.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII
    I dunno man. I'm tired of these female main characters. Testosterone + limit = omnislash
    Estrogen + limit = sex and the city marathon

The other one looks good though with the badass guy dressed in dark clothes. FF13 versus I believe? I loved FF7 and the characters from FF8. Seifer Almasy and Sephiroth are still two of my favorite game characters.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by Xianti
    DO NOT waste your money on Prince Of Persia. It's all eye candy and no fun. It becomes extremely repetitive after the first 30 minutes. There's really not much to do in that game.

I'm going to get LBP soon.

And I highly recommend Portal (part of the Orange Box pack -- from the makers of the Half-Life series) for anyone that's into FPS and puzzle games. It's not a shooter, but you control it like a shooter. It's really a brain-teasing environmental puzzle. Hard to explain without seeing it in action.
    My roommate bought it already so I'm not wasting money! I agree with the monotony though. When you get LBP, make sure you have a headset. I don't want to spend 15 minutes typing out you're a dumb ass going the wrong way when I can shout "wtf are you doing noob?" in a matter of seconds.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Locke, Chrono and Fei Fong Wong are some of my favorite vid game characters.
    I seriously doubt there is anyone more badder-ass than Fei Fong Wong ever.

I just wish they'd retake dev of Chrono Break at some point.

And come on, you know if you get Versus you would have to get the main one too

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    sephiroth was the shittttttttttttt. there was nothing uncool about him, and they should have made a game where you're him and youre pure evil, adn it would have been the best game ever

i only got as far as ff7, has sephiroth been in any other games since?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy
    sephiroth was the shittttttttttttt. there was nothing uncool about him, and they should have made a game where you're him and youre pure evil, adn it would have been the best game ever

i only got as far as ff7, has sephiroth been in any other games since?
    He is in Crisis Core for the PSP (Awesome BTW, on my second playthrough). And there was a fan-service movie, um "Advent children" or something? Ask 3tanes, I'm sure he knows more...
    Hey knucklehead! Bonk!
    sephiroth was a total bad ass. i just youtubed the aeris death scene and got inspired to buy ff7 and play it again.
    i actually watched advent children when it first came out. keep forgetting i gotta get that again
    FF7 was amazing. If you whisper the name Aeris around bigred, you can see his boner grow 3 sizes right infront of you.

20 edits lol maybe the most poorly typed sentence ever
    Yeah, it totally grows for a chick!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    but only cuz you know she's equipped knight of the round table summon on her mithril armlet
    so I became friends with some kids that I go to school with, but never had classes with until this semester. About a week ago, I found out they played/play (yes still) diabloII and are video game dorks at heart. It was such a great feeling to know that not only am I not alone, but I also now have people to share my video game nerdiness with.
    I loved FF7 ever since it came out in late 97. Got it that christmas. One of my first RPG's, with the exception of Super Mario RPG, which kicked very much ass.

Who played super mario RPG here?
    me
    high5
    Can some people get ps3 and play lbp with me? The game is sooooo fun but I ahte playing with these random people.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    jesus christ yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton
    jesus christ yes
    Fei Fong Wong.

Drunken Fist master on Sega Virtua fighter 2+?
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    Can some people get ps3 and play lbp with me? The game is sooooo fun but I ahte playing with these random people.

i'm on the biggest hold out ever for a ps3.
    so many versions, so many different features, so much research to do, and no backwards compatibility in he most power efficient later models.

i think i will buy this one once it's available

but I also need to buy a kick ass upconverting receiver, and a big widescreen lcd before that, so it will take some time (and a shitload of reources) before i'm on psn

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    i dont really understand lbp. it looks kinda fun, but not amazing.
    Glad to know im not the only one who owns alot of consoles, I worked in a game/mod shop 4years so i play rarely if ever now. I played like 8 hours of Fallout3 and got bored Although im thinking killzone 2 will be worth picking up if the budget permits

If anyone wants to addme my live tag is Sl4y3r666
    My PS network tag is PSNSl4y3r
    Quote Originally Posted by will641
    i dont really understand lbp. it looks kinda fun, but not amazing.
    Did you like Mario? The game has a cute, harmless approach to a wide open platformer with a huge variety of challenges. One minute you're racing cars across the map, jumping over alligators while swinging from tree to tree, and then flying over everything in a hot air balloon collecting items. Some items can only be accessed by teamwork so you can't just sit there and play alone. Some bonus parts of the map require 4 players to work together. It's quite a fun concept.

What I really like about the game is the open ended map design. It gives the player the ability to create whatever he wants using a good physics engine. Some of the user maps I've played have been awesome.

@slayer, I played fallout 3 and got bored at first. Then decided I would give it another shot when my roommate got our hi def TV cause it looked beautiful. I couldn't put it down afterward when I got a little farther into the story.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    street fighter 4 in a week holla
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow
    street fighter 4 in a week holla
    Let me know how this is.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I just beat Resistance 2. Need a new game to beat. I'm leaning towards Mirror's edge but I'm afraid I'll get bored of it.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Hi bigred, it's my birthday. What have you got for me?
    >3

this is my favourite part of the post
    it looks like angry boobs
    red when the fuck are you gonna get on COD?
    Good question. I just really don't want to shell out $60 for it but maybe I will. What is out there? COD: Modern Warfare?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Good question. I just really don't want to shell out $60 for it but maybe I will. What is out there? COD: Modern Warfare?
    oh i thought you had it. yeah i got modern warfare, but there is also world at war.

why would you buy it new? the dude at the vg store told me blu ray's don't scratch (unless maybe you put a thumb tack to it), so buying used seems way more +ev.
    Left4Dead is now only $25 on Steam for the weekend, good 50% off sale, I need to buy it but I am broke but I am going to anyways!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    ooh... I might pick it up for 25$.. tell me if you do, that will probably persuade me since Ill have someone to play with!
    Guys made a fucking sweet ass fan video of HL2 people escaping from City 17. So fucking cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    I just used Netflix on the Xbox360 for the first time, good stuff. Now if they only had new releases........that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by UG
    I just used Netflix on the Xbox360 for the first time, good stuff. Now if they only had new releases........that would be awesome.
    ya, no shit, their instant selection is atrocious
    Just pre-ordered my copy.
    This is the first game I have ever pre-ordered, so obv stoked on this game!

I went out and bought the GoW I & II collection for PS3 to get ready for GoW III...WOOT
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Cant fucking wait to ignore family, gf, and friends and become kratos once again
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Xbox360 tag is ScottMalkenson.
    best gamertag ever. kinda sad i got the reference though...
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    best gamertag ever. kinda sad i got the reference though...
    Um, kinda awesome you got it
    LOL OPERATIONS