Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

time to leave a table??

Default time to leave a table??

I've recently began multitable ring games, i usually go up, but what if im down, i buy in with 1$ to 2$NL

my br right now is 14$ so if im down to like 30c or 50c should i get out? or should i play intil i lose my initial BI and then leave? or should i rebuy into the same tables?
    Don't play out your buy-in. If you've decided a $1 stack is where you're comfortable starting, then when you lose 50c, just add 50c.

If you're going to play your stack down to 40c or so you need to understand how to adjust your play for a shorter stack.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    You shouldn't decide whether or not to leave based on your stack size. You decide based on if you have an edge at the table. Look at how you are playing, your opponents, and your position on them.

If your stack gets low and its a good table, just addon to your stack. If the table is bad, leave regardless of your stack size.
    ok and how many times should i add the .50c to table before i stop? should i just say ill stop after 3 BI, or is there a specific time i should stop?
    and when im up? shouldi stop if im up 3 BI, or should i set it as a time thing?
    scratch the first post, did that before i saw hawks
    If you're loosing it's not such a bad idea to leave a table. It doesn't hurt, and it might be an indication that the table won't be profitable.

I used to quit and change tables in after doubling up. In a live game this is a big nono, on the internet it can help you preserve your winnings. Nowadays I'm more comfortable playing deep stacked.

I almost immediately quit a table when it folds to the big blind in a full-ring game... might wait until I'm UTG and see if it wasn't just a coincidence, but these tables are hardly ever profitable. You have to be extremely careful who's not been playing hands since he/she/it sat down.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    If there were a couple of big pots and all of the sudden there are 3 new players who bought in for max, I'm out. These people were probably sorting the list for likely maniac tables, and are now just looking to play it safe. They probably have some experience too.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Does 50bb, 100bb, 200bb stack size mean anything to you? How about effective stack size? If not leave after you double up unless there is a horrendous player at your table.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    well i buy in with 50 BB, sometimes i BI with 100BB, and usually i try not tleave intl i bust or i get to 150-200BB
    Quote Originally Posted by smitts187
    well i buy in with 50 BB, sometimes i BI with 100BB, and usually i try not tleave intl i bust or i get to 150-200BB
    ok, why?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy
    Quote Originally Posted by smitts187
    ok, why?
    well if i buy in with 50BB, and i lose its only 1$ lost, but if i win its usually 3$, meaning i only need one winning session for every 2 losing o break even, i dont know if this is the right thought process, but thats what i do

once im up 100-150 somtimes 200BB, i leave to protect my winnings, because if say i won 2.50, and i leave to buy n with another 1$ at a table
    saving me the . initial 1$ and banking another .50c, although on a small scale, it quickly adds up
    Ok. Another way to word it is you're leaving when you get deep because you don't have the BR to risk 200bb ($4). And you're probably not confident in your deep game. I don't really have a problem with this, except if the next biggest stack at the table is less than 100bb you might as well stay because you're not risking your entire stack.

The big problem, is staying at the table with 50c. You now have a 25bb stack. Do you play differently with 25, 50, 100bb stacks? If you have a short stacking strategy, fine. A lot of people just stay and gambool with their remaining stack, which is -eV. If you feel you need to pick up your remaining stack and sit at another table full that's fine. But KEEP YOUR 50c. If you decide to stay buy back to your "standard" and play like nothing happened.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    if i go to .50c then i wait for a relatively good hand, and i play uber aggresive, hoping to either shove them off, or double up