Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

*** PokerStars VIP Rep thread ***

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hi Dylan,

At the risk of getting the sh1t kicked out of me again - could you please recap the following points? Ta

Quote Originally Posted by PokerStars VIP View Post
    We are moving to a model in which the speed of every table "type" is the same...This will roll out over a period of time, but the goal is to eventually have one speed per table "type".
    * Are you able to publish the plan for this (i.e. what speed each table type is planned to end up as)?
    * What is the timescale for this change?

Liquidity refers to the number of players at any given table type. The more table types we have, the less liquidity each type will necessarily have.
    I understand the maths, but i'm not clear on the implications of this:-
    * Why is increased liquidity important to 'stars? and
    * What is the impact of lo liquidity/hi liquidity on the players?

Cheers!
    don't want no tutti-frutti, no lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

why were you searching for women's tournaments?

edit: the ms paint mods made me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    The opposite - "putting -women's" removes any tournaments with the word "Women's" in the title
    damn, oops
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
    Hi Dylan,

At the risk of getting the sh1t kicked out of me again - could you please recap the following points? Ta

* Are you able to publish the plan for this (i.e. what speed each table type is planned to end up as)?
    * What is the timescale for this change?

I understand the maths, but i'm not clear on the implications of this:-
    * Why is increased liquidity important to 'stars? and
    * What is the impact of lo liquidity/hi liquidity on the players?

Cheers!
    Hi DoubleJ,

-There's no specific timetable to roll out further changes to the single speed model. Some game-types have already been affected but we are still listening to player feedback.

-Following up on liquidity, higher liquidity benefits players because it allows them to choose from a larger number of tables and potential opponents. It's not the only factor in these considerations, but we do consider increased liquidity a positive outcome.

Cheers,

Dylan
    Official PokerStars VIP Coordinator
    Dylan

I had an email from support today lifting my tables limit.

is this something stars are rolling out wider or on an indivual basis?

While i play the 24 table limit im certainly not like the guys in ssnl playing the X00k volume each month

Any specific reasons for this/is it for all players?
    Hi Dylan,

Are you able to explain how the "Remember Table Positioning" option works

it seems to be a bit erratic...
    Hi Dylan,

Are you able to explain how the "Remember Table Positioning" option works

it seems to be a bit erratic...
    Hi DoubleJ,

'View --> Remember Table Positioning' ensures that if you close a table and open a new one it will be positioned in exactly the same place on your screen.

What type of erratic behavior are you experiencing with it?

Thanks,

Dylan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffed22001 View Post
    Dylan

I had an email from support today lifting my tables limit.

is this something stars are rolling out wider or on an indivual basis?

While i play the 24 table limit im certainly not like the guys in ssnl playing the X00k volume each month

Any specific reasons for this/is it for all players?
    The reasoning behind our table limit increases and decreases is to ensure that players that choose to play many tables aren't inconveniencing their fellow players.

For increases, players who average 16 tables of play or more are eligible and the increases are granted automatically based on the individuals speed of play. While we don't accept requests to increase your table limits, you can request to have them decreased.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dylan
    Dylan, did you miss my post at the bottom of the last page? Post 300 http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post2102593

Also, it would be good to see another couple of normal 6max freezeouts in the GMT afternoons between $10 and $30 - there's a big gap from midday (which is a turbo) until like 8pm.
    What type of erratic behavior are you experiencing with it?
    Weeellll...i'm expecting it to behave as you describe, but the placement of new tables appears to be a bit random.

what i've got is a layout/grid of eight tiled table slots (inb4 - no, i don't play 8 tables at once...) so i can preview any new table that i'm waitlisted for as it becomes available, and decide to bin or keep.

however, rather than pop up sequentially, the new tables seem to just go to whichever slot they fancy - e.g. a new table pops up top left, and i dump it, The next one pops up top left (good-o), but then the next one also pops up top left too, obscuring the one underneath.

is there a better way to do what i want? or is something rotten in the state of Denmark?
    Oh another thing, please please give us an option to stop tables which are sitting out popping to the front, or an option where once one has popped to the front none of the others do?

Sometimes my PC/connection dies for 20 seconds or I have a hard decision at a final and time out at a time in early stages and it causes a chain reaction where more stuff sits out because I can't click on the action because other tables are popping up, really irritating
    Weeellll...i'm expecting it to behave as you describe, but the placement of new tables appears to be a bit random.

what i've got is a layout/grid of eight tiled table slots (inb4 - no, i don't play 8 tables at once...) so i can preview any new table that i'm waitlisted for as it becomes available, and decide to bin or keep.

however, rather than pop up sequentially, the new tables seem to just go to whichever slot they fancy - e.g. a new table pops up top left, and i dump it, The next one pops up top left (good-o), but then the next one also pops up top left too, obscuring the one underneath.

is there a better way to do what i want? or is something rotten in the state of Denmark?
    I find that they are random too. Sometimes tables pop up where I haven't had a table for days. Like the client knows where I had the table a week ago and sometimes randomly a new table decides to go there.

Dylan, did you miss my post at the bottom of the last page? Post 300 http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post2102593

Also, it would be good to see another couple of normal 6max freezeouts in the GMT afternoons between $10 and $30 - there's a big gap from midday (which is a turbo) until like 8pm.
    Hi Pascal,

I saw it and should have confirmed earlier, my apologies. I've sent it to our Tournament team for consideration. Changes in the client like this (if they decide to make a change) do take some time as there's usually a list of high priority tweaks/changes.

Regarding the midday gap, I'll pass that along on as well. They really appreciate the feedback as you guys are best positioned to relate what we can do to improve the playing experience.

Cheers,

Dylan
    Last edited by PokerStars VIP; 09-10-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Regarding the 'remember table positioning' option, I'll get in touch with someone more tech savvy than I to see if they have suggestions to make better use of it, and also pass along the feedback that it's behaving erratically.

Dylan
    cool - thanks Dylan

while ur at it, could u see if they could enhance it to include either a 'snap to grid'-type capability or a way to reshuffle tables to 'priority' slots?

to clarify, i have my monitor "slots" like this:

5 1 2 6
    7 3 4 8

where 1 is the most preferred pos, and 8 the least.

when i've done my table selecting, i end up w/ tables at (say) 4, 5 and 8.

it'd be great to be able to mash a button that would re-order them to 1, 2 and 3.
    interested in how stars came up with my 'personalised WCOOP tournament recommendations'
    keen to chuck some tickets in my account? those buyins look pretty steep relative to my account balance

Quote Originally Posted by stars View Post
    Based on your recent tournament history, we've composed the following personalized WCOOP schedule for you. You can register for all of these tourneys now!

Dylan,

Am I correct that after a HU match, if someone fails to accept or decline a rematch and they just leave their window open indefinitely, then their opponent's table also stays open indefinitely? Or at least for a number of seconds after the "rematch time" expires?

It would be great if we had the option to close the table immediately after the rematch time runs out because it's EXTREMELY tilting having to wait.

Why Have you posted MY personalized schedule?

(and probably everyone elses too).

It's a shame and a missed opportunity, because a genuine personalised schedule might have actually been useful, and might have actually generated some interest in registering for some.
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I am passing on feedback regarding table positioning, personalized schedule (bankroll management ftw), and the HU rematch protocol.

Thanks as always,

Dylan
    Oh another thing, please please give us an option to stop tables which are sitting out popping to the front, or an option where once one has popped to the front none of the others do?

Sometimes my PC/connection dies for 20 seconds or I have a hard decision at a final and time out at a time in early stages and it causes a chain reaction where more stuff sits out because I can't click on the action because other tables are popping up, really irritating

Hi Pascal,

One note on this, are you aware of the option in Options --> Advanced Multi-Table Options, you can uncheck 'Popup table whenever user action is required' as well as check 'Don't steal focus from chat and notes' which might help some of your issues here.

I do understand though that you're just referring to tables you're sitting out from and have relayed that feedback.

Thanks,

Dylan
    When I click on the "seat me" tab in the cash game lobby and get beat to a seat there is a pop up that says "This seat occupied", Why does the table stay open when I click "OK" and I have to close it manually
    Last edited by jyms; 09-26-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Hope you get home safe Dylan! It was great to meet you. Hope London ON isn't too far from Montreal
    Last edited by Pascal; 09-30-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Pleasure was all mine Pascal. In the coming days there should be some pictures and video from the event - should be fun to see. Thanks for coming out and keep in touch - London is a bit of a ways but I do need to take you up on that rain check so we shall see .

Jyms - I don't have an answer at the moment, but it appears that this is something for us to look into improving. I'm passing it on.

Cheers,

Dylan
    Thanks for offering these added value tournaments... it really motivated us community members to get more involved in the game and on Pokerstars.
    Hey Dylan. Great to see that flighted tournaments are getting closer to launch. Any idea on an ETA for the first featured/red flighted tournament? Will it be the next Red Spade?
    cool - thanks Dylan

while ur at it, could u see if they could enhance it to include either a 'snap to grid'-type capability or a way to reshuffle tables to 'priority' slots?

to clarify, i have my monitor "slots" like this:

5 1 2 6
    7 3 4 8

where 1 is the most preferred pos, and 8 the least.

when i've done my table selecting, i end up w/ tables at (say) 4, 5 and 8.

it'd be great to be able to mash a button that would re-order them to 1, 2 and 3.
    Sorry for going a bit OT.
    But I would just like to say that I use the freeware Placemint for doing exactly that, and it works perfectly.If you want want help with setting it up, just throw me a PM.
    Hey Dylan. Great to see that flighted tournaments are getting closer to launch. Any idea on an ETA for the first featured/red flighted tournament? Will it be the next Red Spade?
    Hey Pascal,

I'm not sure when our next flighted tournament will take place. The Red Spade would seem like a logical choice, but let me check and get back to you on that.

Cheers,

Dylan
    Regarding Flighted Tournaments - they're currently being worked and you can expect to see them in the near future. The Tournaments Team has some fun plans for them, so keep your eyes peeled!

Cheers,

Dylan
    Thanks for the reply Dylan, hoping you're doing well Merry Christmas!
    so, all the talk of a russian version of Poker Table Ratings...
    are stars planning on doing anything about it? or is it in the too hard basket?
    in which case, when/if ptr sets up headquartered in a new jurisdiction then is this also going to be left alone?
    any supernova dins this year?
    M2M I can't check right now but what's the details on the promo for betting FPPs on being on pace for Supernova / 200k etc, have they been released yet?
    M2M I can't check right now but what's the details on the promo for betting FPPs on being on pace for Supernova / 200k etc, have they been released yet?
    PokerStars VIP Club Challenge - VPP Cash Bonus Incentives

Ty donkbee
    just filled in the survey . Its the last one i'm filling in though. It was one thing when we got fpps as a thank you for the time spent filling them in but if you don't want decent info/feedback carry on as you are . kinda funny really considering some of the questions were about customer rewards but stars doesn't want to give its customers anything for their feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    any supernova dins this year?
    Unfortunately there are no Supernova dinners this year. VIP Club Live debuted last year and hopefully there will be a party held near you soon .

As to the rest of the comments, I am passing on the feedback (including yours Keith regarding FPP compensation for Surveys). Down at PCA so a bit time-crunched these days!

Daven I've passed on your question regarding the Russian-equivalent to PTR - my Russian is still a work in progress.

Thanks,

Dylan
    cheers re the russian ptr - apparently it is simply the database from ptr up until they stopped mining stars, and isn't being updated. I'm not sure though, i haven't checked out the site.

and now for a yes/no question - keeping it simple for you

are stars planning on introducing changes which will result in a loss (or lowering) in our ability as players to seat and table select?
    Last edited by daven; 01-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    cheers re the russian ptr - apparently it is simply the database from ptr up until they stopped mining stars, and isn't being updated. I'm not sure though, i haven't checked out the site.

and now for a yes/no question - keeping it simple for you

are stars planning on introducing changes which will result in a loss (or lowering) in our ability as players to seat and table select?
    Hi Daven,

Simple maybe, but not easy! There's currently an ongoing open discussion on this issue on another forum (focusing on ratholing, table and seat selection). Unfortunately I'm not in a position to speak authoritatively on this. If you have an opinion/feedback that you'd like to share, I'd be happy to pass it on to upper management as we are extremely interested in this topic at the moment.

Sorry I can't provide a more conclusive answer, and apologies for the tardiness of my replies. I'm now back in the frigid wastelands of Canada after a couple weeks in the Bahamas. #bitter

Thanks,

Dylan
    Hi Daven,

Simple maybe, but not easy! There's currently an ongoing open discussion on this issue on another forum (focusing on ratholing, table and seat selection). Unfortunately I'm not in a position to speak authoritatively on this. If you have an opinion/feedback that you'd like to share, I'd be happy to pass it on to upper management as we are extremely interested in this topic at the moment.

Sorry I can't provide a more conclusive answer, and apologies for the tardiness of my replies. I'm now back in the frigid wastelands of Canada after a couple weeks in the Bahamas. #bitter

Thanks,

Dylan
    cheers for the reply, and i hope you made the most of the tropics! start telling people you meet casually over the next few days about struggling to deal with the cold then getting to expand on the topic of the bahamas should help on the #bitter -> #loving-bahamas-memories transition

i looked over that open discussion you referenced
    it starts with a stars position
    'we'd like to deal with ratholing'
    then it goes on a huge sidetrack about table and seat selection, neither of which are really relevant to ratholing.

could you pass on that i think that it is incredibly deceptive to try and introduce the topic of table and seat selection under the guise of 'dealing with ratholing'. They are two very discreet topics, and as such should be considered and debated/discussed separately. I mean, it is innovative of stars to try and get support for removing table and seat selection by trying to sell it as a method of dealing with ratholing. Unfortunately, providing no logic for how this would work and expecting the poker community to simply believe stars' intuitive leap (in early grad math papers i was told that you should really outline all steps in an argument, even if you think them self-apparent), especially when it seems to be purely a leap of convenience, is optimistic or naive. Cheers
    could you please provide translation and comment on this

"Play Now" PokerStars | PokerStars | PokerStrategy.com
    Looks like it's to do with the new table starter feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    could you please provide translation and comment on this

"Play Now" PokerStars | PokerStars | PokerStrategy.com
    Hi Daven,

My Russian translation skills are limited to Google Translate, but as Pascal mentions it appears that thread is discussing the Table Starters feature. You can read about the feature here if you are looking for details on how it works: PokerStars Software Features - Table Starters - Ring Games

Note that Table Starters is still in beta-version and as I previously mentioned, these topics (related to table and seat-selection) are being thoroughly discussed internally and externally and feedback is being carefully considered. I have passed on your above comments on this topic and please feel free to share any further thoughts you have on it with me.

Best,

Dylan
    Hi Dylan

any chance you will have a feature that allows you to store custome table settings according to game parameters

For example I would like all my MTTs with red background, SNG in blue background, hyperturbo in black background and omaha in green

Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    Hi Dylan

any chance you will have a feature that allows you to store custome table settings according to game parameters

For example I would like all my MTTs with red background, SNG in blue background, hyperturbo in black background and omaha in green
    Hi TLR,

I really like that idea and I believe it's been mentioned before (maybe not in this thread). For now I can pass it on to our software guys; there's obviously a long list of things on their plate so no promises this would make the cut but it'd be a great way for players playing multiple game-types to easily differentiate between them.

Cheers,

Dylan
    Thanks Dylan

Heard you're coming this side of the pond Dylan!
    Heard you're coming this side of the pond Dylan!
    Indeed! I've traded in the Montreal snow for the Isle of Man's wind and rain. It's only been a couple weeks but I'm enjoying the change, and the people here are very friendly.

So far so good!

Dylan
    Is there anything int he works for a widget of sorts that would tell u how many vpps and or fpps uve earned in the session in real time?
    Hi Teddy,

At the moment there is no functionality for this. Admittedly, it sounds to me like it would be a nice added feature. I suspect there may be some technical issues that might be why this hasn't been implemented, but regardless I'll pass on the idea/feedback to our Product team.

Thanks,
    Dylan
    Who was the genius behind the timing of the happy hours ? 19:00-20:00 ET is great for canadians and south americans getting home and getting them logged in and hopefully keeping them for the rest of the evening . For europeans you have the 10:00- 11:00 time slot which is mid afternoon , 3:00-4:00 is going to clash with people going to work and the third slot most europeans will be in bed.why not aim for a early evening timeslot for europeans to entice them on the site and then continue playing.

Surely being based in Isle of Man you'd realise that none of these timeslots will attract eny europeans .
    Hi guys, looks like this suddenly stopped. Is there a new thread for this?
    My laptop now dies if I click on the "last hand" icon at the table and try to make some player notes (only since UK software introduced). My laptop is old but can run 8 tables of Zoom without any problems - is this a known problem with the new software?
    Really not impressed with the software at the moment and wonder if it's a UK thing. Every time a new table opens, it kills everything. My time banks quickly become eroded setting up a 12-table session and the amount of times I'm having premiums timed out pre is getting silly. Not good enough and I'll take my 5k+ of rake pa elsewhere soon if the software isn't going to be any better than softer sites.
    any place where i can see a list of the prohibited and aproved software?
    thanks
    I'm not sure the PokerStars VIP account is active here any longer, so I'm going to unstick this thread.