Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 365 of 420 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,375 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Glad to know that the killing of unborn children is still alive and well in Missouri.
    For the short term, at least... if things keep going well.

Here's a spice rack I made a while back.
    It extends below the edges of that counter and holds itself in place, yeah?
    Nice feature.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    It extends below the edges of that counter and holds itself in place, yeah?
    Nice feature.
    Yes.

For the short term, at least... if things keep going well.
    I'm interested in alternative solutions to the abortion debate. In particular, I'm interested in things like how to prevent abortions from happening in the first place. That sounds great and all, but in reality, very few people actually give a shit about actually solving the issue from a preventative standpoint. As a result, I just use it for another opportunity to piss people off by saying things like the following:

I think making it easy for a man to financially dissociate himself from a child before birth would be a good step in that direction since it would provide more incentives for women to keep their legs shut.
    I think making it easy for a man to financially dissociate himself from a child before birth would be a good step in that direction since it would provide more incentives for women to keep their legs shut.
    Seems like the counter-argument is just as strong, though.

I think making it impossible for a man to financially dissociate himself from a child before birth would be a good step in that direction since it would provide more incentives for men to keep their dick in their pants.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Seems like the counter-argument is just as strong, though.

I think making it impossible for a man to financially dissociate himself from a child before birth would be a good step in that direction since it would provide more incentives for men to keep their dick in their pants.
    That doesn't piss off liberals enough though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    There's a better home awaiting
    In the sky
    Lord in the sky
    ongies gonna ong
    Keith Raniere was found guilty on all charges. This is a miscarriage of justice. If you can't have a fucking sex cult, then what can you do?
    I read about that. At what point do the women become suspicious? It goes from joining a humanitarian community to being branded with the leader's initials and being coerced into fucking him. How do they make that leap without coming to realise that is is, in fact, a sex cult?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I read about that. At what point do the women become suspicious? It goes from joining a humanitarian community to being branded with the leader's initials and being coerced into fucking him. How do they make that leap without coming to realise that is is, in fact, a sex cult?
    The fucked up thing about it is that he didn't have anything to do with the branding. That was all the girls' idea on their own. I run in some BDSM circles, and I know girls who have gotten tattoos and/or branding along similar lines, so it's not like it was a new idea. In fact, the girls who came up with it specifically decided against tattoos because they thought that wasn't badass enough, so they went with branding instead.

This is a really fun read from the perspective of one of the girls: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...aniere-845830/

The DOS shit, which is what the side group did that came up with the branding and shit on their own, was all about empowering women, which is funny as shit. It was like girl power on steroids.

The whole thing runs deep. He definitely did some of the other illegal shit they've got him on, but his pimpin was most definitely immaculate.
    So if you want to be empowered, you need to put this blindfold on and suck the dick of someone whose identity will remain hidden from you.

Ok.

This is kind of like Scientology, except with sex. And probably without the spirits spewing out of the volcano or whatever the fuck Scientology is all abut.

How do you start a sex cult? And how do you keep it all legal? Asking for a friend.
    ongies gonna ong
    How do you start a sex cult? And how do you keep it all legal? Asking for a friend.
    I don't think that having a sex cult is illegal in and of itself.
    You'd hope not. My ideal sex cult would be me as leader, obviously, with one woman from every country in the world.

Except Germany.
    ongies gonna ong
    You'd hope not. My ideal sex cult would be me as leader, obviously, with one woman from every country in the world.

Except Germany.
    If a guy wanted to start a self-sufficient sex cult, I think three women under the same roof working as cam whores could probably be a good entry level situation.

I only say cam whores because that's the legal option for most women that makes the most money with the least time and most flexibility with their given skill set.
    I'd spend all my time with the Japanese and Chinese girls and neglect the rest. That's a shit idea tbh.
    ongies gonna ong
    If a guy wanted to start a self-sufficient sex cult, I think three women under the same roof working as cam whores could probably be a good entry level situation.

I only say cam whores because that's the legal option for most women that makes the most money with the least time and most flexibility with their given skill set.
    If I'm going to have a sex cult with bitches, I kind of want them to myself. I don't wanna whore them out.
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh wait, you said cam whoring.

Yep, I'm down with that.
    ongies gonna ong
    I wonder if I could raise funds on gofundme for my sex cult. I could sell 10% of the business to investors.
    ongies gonna ong
    I wonder if I could raise funds on gofundme for my sex cult. I could sell 10% of the business to investors.
    I'm not really sure that you'd need to. I don't think you'd need much starting capital.
    So I have a real philosophy about misogyny and misogynists if we want to get into that since it seems tangentially related.
    Sure, I find it interesting. I don't think I'm a misogynist, I consider women to be equals in terms of societal status, but I'm definitely a pervert who can't help but sexualise women.
    ongies gonna ong
    In my view, there are two types of misogynists.

The first group (which are the large majority) are men who have an idealistic notion of women, and when real women don't live up to that ideal, they default to assuming it's because something is wrong with them.

The second group (which are a small minority) are men who do understand what women really are and accept them for what they really are.
    Do either of those groups ever get laid by attractive women who have their head on straight? I'm kinda guessing no.
    The second group (which are a small minority) are men who do understand what women really are and accept them for what they really are.
    ... also, if you accept women for what they are that's pretty much the opposite of hating them. Not sure if you've actually got the concept of hating women as figured out as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    ... also, if you accept women for what they are that's pretty much the opposite of hating them. Not sure if you've actually got the concept of hating women as figured out as you think.
    The definition of misogyny does not require that you hate women. Misogyny also covers prejudice against woman and contempt for them.

Amateur misogynists make that mistake all the time, so don't beat yourself up over it.
    I'd spend all my time with the Japanese and Chinese girls and neglect the rest. That's a shit idea tbh.
    Yellow fever eh
    The definition of misogyny does not require that you hate women. Misogyny also covers prejudice against woman and contempt for them.
    Oh ok. But contempt and acceptance seem rather incongruous too.

Anyways if you want to play scientist in the sandbox please go ahead. Tell us more about your theory.

Amateur misogynists make that mistake all the time, so don't beat yourself up over it.
    Is there an official body that decides who qualifies as a professional misogynist?
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    Oh ok. But contempt and acceptance seem rather incongruous too.
    Off topic, but this isn't quite true. For example, I held Tony Blair in the highest contempt, by I accepted his position as PM because he won two elections.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    The first group (which are the large majority) are men who have an idealistic notion of women, and when real women don't live up to that ideal, they default to assuming it's because something is wrong with them.
    Change the last word from "them" to "me" and this is about where I am. (Ignore the fact the sentence would be grammatically incorrect, you get the point!)
    ongies gonna ong
    Is there an official body that decides who qualifies as a professional misogynist?
    I thought the line between amateur and professional is whether or not you get paid to do it.

Just figure out who's getting paid to be a misogynist.
    Note: not getting paid and is a misogynist - subtle, but important.
    I thought the line between amateur and professional is whether or not you get paid to do it.

Just figure out who's getting paid to be a misogynist.
    Note: not getting paid and is a misogynist - subtle, but important.
    If you're sufficiently skilled, you can be paid for being a misogynist. There are probably a lot of ways to do this, but here are a few that I know are viable from experience just off the top of my head.

One option is to simply produce written material that is misogynist in nature that someone wants to pay you for. In the modern era of clickbait-oriented written media and an obscene level of political polarization, this isn't as difficult as it probably should be.

A second option is to dominate submissive women who prefer degradation in person for a fee. The legality of this will vary based on jurisdiction, but it's generally not considered prostitution because no sexual act is taking place. There are some jurisdictions where someone cannot legally consent to assault, however, so that's something to be mindful of.

A third option (that's really more accessible than it should be) is online financial domination of women. Financial domination is a kink that very easily turns into addiction, so there are some potential moral issues, but considering we're all capitalist poker players who have no problem taking rent money from virtual crackheads, I can't imagine that there's a problem there.

In order of difficulty in getting started, I think the order from easiest to hardest is 1, 3, 2.
    Anybody ever done any video compression?
    Know anything about codecs and how to choose one?

I need to record and upload all the intro physics lectures in the coming school year, and I'm a total noob at this.

I've done enough research to find that VLC media player (a old favorite of mine) can merge video files and compress them. That's great, 'cause it means I'm already familiar with the software I may be using to do this.
    However, there are dozens of choices for a compression codec, and I have not yet found any good online source that can help me choose which will best suit my needs.

I've just taken a blind stab at using the H.264 + MP3 codec just to get a baseline, and 'cause it's the top choice in the VLC codec list.

Anyway... I know it's a long shot, but no harm in asking.
    Anybody ever done any video compression?
    Know anything about codecs and how to choose one?

I need to record and upload all the intro physics lectures in the coming school year, and I'm a total noob at this.

I've done enough research to find that VLC media player (a old favorite of mine) can merge video files and compress them. That's great, 'cause it means I'm already familiar with the software I may be using to do this.
    However, there are dozens of choices for a compression codec, and I have not yet found any good online source that can help me choose which will best suit my needs.

I've just taken a blind stab at using the H.264 + MP3 codec just to get a baseline, and 'cause it's the top choice in the VLC codec list.

Anyway... I know it's a long shot, but no harm in asking.
    Are you on windows or PC?

FOr batch encoding, try Handbrake.

As for codecs, use x265 for video and mp3 for audio.

If you need to merge first, probably use virtualdub if on windows, and quicktime if on mac
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Wasn't banana at some point being paid by weirdos online to be a douchebag to them while they wanked?

Kinda surprised he didn't take it up full time tbh. Seems like the perfect career for him.
    Another q. for the expert: is a misogynist that dates three 3/10s better off than a normal guy who dates one 9/10?
    I can't remember who you are or why you have such a hard-on for me, but lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Are you on windows or PC?

FOr batch encoding, try Handbrake.

As for codecs, use x265 for video and mp3 for audio.

If you need to merge first, probably use virtualdub if on windows, and quicktime if on mac
    I'm using a PC with Windows. Usually those are synonymous, so not entirely sure if I understood the question.

I'll look at Handbrake and virtualdub.

Any reason you recommend that codec and/or where might I find a reference that makes it look like I did some form of research when I take the proposal to my boss?
    I'm bored waiting on motherfuckers to take a shower and get ready to go, so I'll post some random pics with commentary. Maybe this will encourage other people to do the same and to go have their political circlejerk somewhere else.

I absolutely hate when dumb motherfuckers feel the need to spray paint their names, initials and whatever else on shit like this. It's like why the fuck do these dipshits have to ruin everything?

My dad always wanted to have a cabin, so he built one from logs from old tobacco barns about 25 years ago, and that's where my parents live today.

I took this picture while out on a run a few days before Christmas this past December. I had a scary-as-fuck-but-funny-in-hindsight run-in with a buck on that run.

Someone who's good at photo editing could probably make this picture look amazing, but it's just something I took with my phone and didn't fuck with. It's the sunset at a state park near me.

I hate having my picture taken with a passion. However, a while back my girl needed someone to take pictures of for her portfolio, so I [got] volunteered. She does photo editing and photography for a handful of companies and for herself.

Flowers are played out for Valentine's Day, so I made a bunch of these instead.

My girl does some work with calligraphy as far as selling prints, doing illustrations for books and things like that. She makes some funny bookmarks occasionally just to give to friends and sell on Etsy. This is one of my favorites.

These are from a recent batch of beef jerky. A bunch of friends and family kept asking me about it, so I did a write-up about it here: http://jesseeddleman.com/the-beef-jerky-situation/

That's all I've got for right now.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 06-21-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    I can't remember who you are or why you have such a hard-on for me, but lol.
    Try not to get too big a head, I don't care who you are either. I just enjoy mocking retarded comments, and you happen to be the only one making them here lately.

Don't worry, Ong will soon come on with a few lines about how a nodeal Brexit is a good thing and Mojo will chime in with something completely unrelated to anything as if it's a good point. Then you can go back to not posting at all for another year or whatever and come back when you're ready to make some more dipshit comments.
    Drove past this site from a day trip today ("compound" is actually a better word, as it was several miles square) with "AWE" on the signs, and three high barbed wire fences around it. Looked it up and it turns out they're a major defense contractor (including nuclear) about 20 miles from where I live. Weird.

https://www.awe.co.uk/
    and Mojo will chime in with something completely unrelated to anything as if it's a good point.
    Every fucking time.
    I'm using a PC with Windows. Usually those are synonymous, so not entirely sure if I understood the question.

I'll look at Handbrake and virtualdub.

Any reason you recommend that codec and/or where might I find a reference that makes it look like I did some form of research when I take the proposal to my boss?
    I meant Windows or MacOS, LOL.

Oh, and I forgot about FFMPEG.

x265 is more space efficient than x264
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Don't worry, Ong will soon come on with a few lines about how a nodeal Brexit is a good thing.
    Imagine if I emigrated to Canada and then started telling everyone who voted for whoever won an election that they are idiots who should vote again.
    ongies gonna ong
    Imagine if I emigrated to Canada and then started telling everyone who voted for whoever won an election that they are idiots who should vote again.

You think Brexit only affects people who are native-born? That's pretty much the opposite of my understanding.

Just unclear on why you think I shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion about the politics of the country I live in, as if being foreign somehow confers on me a second class status where I'm not allowed to question the wisdom of someone who was delivered by the NHS.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't like it, go back to Anglony Saxony.
    You think Brexit only affects people who are native-born?
    Not at all, I don't have a problem with you voting.

Just unclear on why you think I shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion about the politics of the country I live in
    You can, and I'm entitled to express my opinion that you're ungrateful and showing contempt for democracy.

as if being foreign somehow confers on me a second class status
    Natural lib, aren't you? Waa waa he mentioned I'm a migrant, I'm a victim of discrimination waa waa.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't like it, go back to Anglony Saxony.
    If I don't like what? Democracy? Winning at democracy? It's you that has a problem, since you don't like what we democratically voted for. You have several options... go home, stay and accept the democratic will of your host nation's people, or whine like a bitch, there's three options for you.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 06-22-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    ongies gonna ong
    I really don't understand why someone emigrates to a country they hold in so much contempt.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't hold any country in contempt. I hold stupid, self-destructive actions in contempt. See the difference?

It's like if you said 'i'm gonna be a meth addict'. I wouldn't say 'you're contemptible' I'd say 'that's a dumb idea, and if you do it you're an idiot'. Moreover, if your stupid decision was going to cost me in terms of standard of living I might add 'maybe we should reconsider that choice.'

And you're the one who brought up migrant status, not me. You don't get to say 'goddamn migrant' and then if I say 'so what'? that counts as me whining.
    I really don't understand why someone emigrates to a country they hold in so much contempt.
    Same shit with Mexicans.
    You hold democracy in contempt, because you promote another vote.
    And you hold the UK in contempt, because you often refer to our history as though it should be a source of personal shame.

And the irony is that you brought up Anglo-Saxons after referring to others making retarded comments.
    ongies gonna ong
    Same shit with Mexicans.
    At least Mexico is a shithole, I can understand why they want to go to America.

Canada isn't a shithole. Except the French bits, naturally.
    ongies gonna ong
    And you're the one who brought up migrant status, not me. You don't get to say 'goddamn migrant' and then if I say 'so what'? that counts as me whining.
    You whining is the "my host nation made a democratic decision I disagree with, waa waa what a bunch of morons".

Have you been looking for jobs back home? Just curious if you really think we're fucked. I mean it's one thing to stay in a country you don't like, but another to stay somewhere that's completely fucked. Do you really think it was a bad decision to leave the EU? Because if so, why are you still here waiting for it to go tits up?
    ongies gonna ong
    At least Mexico is a shithole, I can understand why they want to go to America.

Canada isn't a shithole. Except the French bits, naturally.
    They should fix their own country instead of coming here and fucking up this one.

If they can't do that, then that's not our problem. They still don't get to come here illegally.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 06-22-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    I don't disagree. And I don't have a problem with Canadians migrating to the UK either. I'm all for the right sort of immigration. I guess I'm happy to discriminate against people based on their skills.
    ongies gonna ong
    The EU sucks. I'm so glad to see the UK leaving the EU.

Merkel is a piece of shit. She does not make good deals.

God Emperor of the United States does not grab her by the pussy. This makes her sad.

Edit: Fixed a stray comma.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 06-22-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    You hold democracy in contempt, because you promote another vote.
    We just have different conceptions of democracy. Mine allows people to change their mind 3 years after their vote.

Also,

heff.jpg

And you hold the UK in contempt, because you often refer to our history as though it should be a source of personal shame.
    Nothing personal about a country's actions, whether or not they're contemptible. I can think invading Iraq was contemptible without blaming it on every single person who lives in the US and UK. You're conflating the acts of a country with the individuals who live there, as if I somehow ascribe responsibility to the latter.

And the irony is that you brought up Anglo-Saxons after referring to others making retarded comments.
    The point of raising that is to show you the historical context of immigration and why looking down on immigrants is retarded. Sorry you haven't caught on to that little irony yet.
    You whining is the "my host nation made a democratic decision I disagree with, waa waa what a bunch of morons".
    Pretty sure I never said the 'waa waa' part. And yes, people who continue to support Brexit are ignorant in my opinion.

Have you been looking for jobs back home? Just curious if you really think we're fucked. I mean it's one thing to stay in a country you don't like, but another to stay somewhere that's completely fucked. Do you really think it was a bad decision to leave the EU? Because if so, why are you still here waiting for it to go tits up?
    Seriously, if you don't have anything better than "arrrggghggh! I don't like foreigners disagreeing with me about Brexit! Git off me lawn!", then maybe we should change the subject.
    foreigners lol

lol foreigners
    I don't have a problem with Canadians migrating to the UK either, as long as they keep their mouth shut.
    fyp
    Seriously, if you don't have anything better than "arrrggghggh! I don't like foreigners disagreeing with me about Brexit! Git off me lawn!", then maybe we should change the subject.
    Nice way to dodge the question.

You can't seriously think we made that bad a decision, because you're choosing to stay here. I'm genuinely curious why you're putting so much faith in the people you call ignorant. Are you simply hoping you're wrong? Hoping we vote again? Or have you got a ten year stockpile of tinned food? Why aren't you seeking an escape if you really think we're fucked?

And I don't care if you disagree with me about Brexit or not. You have a vote, use it how you see fit. And you can whine all you like too. What I object to is the demand for another referendum because people change their mind after 3 years. I've explained before why it's stupid to think we can keep voting on this issue, but you don't care. You think Brexit itself is worse than perpetual uncertainty? I think that's crazy.

Brexit will happen, with or without a deal, then there will be an election. If you think we should rejoin the EU, vote for a party that promises a new referendum.
    ongies gonna ong
    Nice way to dodge the question.

You can't seriously think we made that bad a decision, because you're choosing to stay here.
    Ok.

I'm genuinely curious why you're putting so much faith in the people you call ignorant.
    A lot of them were ignorant of the consequences. They know more now. Hence the change in opinion.

We've been through this before. This is boring.

Are you simply hoping you're wrong? Hoping we vote again? Or have you got a ten year stockpile of tinned food? Why aren't you seeking an escape if you really think we're fucked?
    When did I say we're all going to starve the day Brexit happens? I simply said the average person would be worse off financially. Your response to this was 'arrrgghghgh! Democracy!' And, 'arrrghgghg, fishermen!'. And 'arrrrgghghg foreigners!'

And I don't care if you disagree with me about Brexit or not. You have a vote, use it how you see fit. And you can whine all you like too.
    So all this 'waa waa' stuff was your way of saying you don't care? Oh good.

What I object to is the demand for another referendum because people change their mind after 3 years. I've explained before why it's stupid to think we can keep voting on this issue, but you don't care. You think Brexit itself is worse than perpetual uncertainty? I think that's crazy.
    I know what you think. Why keep repeating it every three weeks...you must be even boring yourself at this point.

Brexit will happen, with or without a deal, then there will be an election. If you think we should rejoin the EU, vote for a party that promises a new referendum.
    Ok thanks for the tip.
    You do realise it was you who brought up the EU this time, right? You reap what you sew.
    ongies gonna ong
    You do realise it was you who brought up the EU this time, right? You reap what you sew.
    The EU sucks. Fuck the EU.
    sow.

I didn't bring it up for discussion.
    The EU sucks. Fuck the EU.
    You make a thoughtful point there. Please elaborate. How should it be fucked, do you think?
    You make a thoughtful point there. Please elaborate. How should it be fucked, do you think?
    Buttfucked in the ass.
    sow.
    saw

You rip what you saw.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Buttfucked in the ass.
    How did you arrive at that as opposed to, say, fisting in the cunt? Just interested to hear your thought process since you've obviously thoguht about it very deeply.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    saw

You rip what you saw.
    Shut up.
    I didn't bring it up for discussion.
    So you can just drop it there to mock me, but it's not something you wish to be called out on.

I see.
    ongies gonna ong
    So you can just drop it there to mock me,
    Correct.

but it's not something you wish to have a boring repetitive conversation about
    fyp
    As part of my contempt for the UK, I took my mom to see the Cotswolds last week. This is the front door of a church in Stow-on-Wold. I think there's a hobbit that lives inside but I didn't check.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...64!4d-1.726444
    Screeching banshee.

I don't want to discuss this further, if you even bother replying you're boring.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm happy to discuss it further, if you have put any thought into it. All I see though are the same old arguments, and that bores me.
    And btw, adding "screeching banshee" to your "fucking immigrant, go back home" argument doesn't convince me you've thought about it.
    Clearly you're not thinking about it, either, since my argument is not "fucking idiot, go back home". It's "are you an idiot or a liar?". I guess I need to be less subtle.
    ongies gonna ong
    "go home" was one of three options of many. I did point out that you're welcome to whine like a bitch. It's not like I'm showing you to the door. I'm just pointing out that the door exists.
    ongies gonna ong
    "I'm going to be worse off, but not that much that I'll go back home. Fuck Brexiteers".

That seems to be your argument.
    ongies gonna ong