Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 360 of 420 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 26,926 to 27,000 of 31490
    I think he's saying that when you can't defend your original position, you turn it into a metaphor and then defend the metaphor.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Oh looky here: someone's done the easy bit for you.

Attachment 1132

Now try to explain why the US isn't retarded about guns.

See if you can do it without getting yourself banned.

But YOU can't have a high-capacity ammunition magazine to protect the people you love. Because the people you love apparently aren't important enough.
    ^^ This is fucking retarded. You want to explain yourself or you want to move on?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Me:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    owning a chainsaw drastically increases your chances of being injured in a chainsaw related incident
    Oskar's interpretation:
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    That is literally what you said.......You are the one claiming: more chainsaws = less chainsaw accidents.
    And you guys wonder why I get frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    ^^ This is fucking retarded. You want to explain yourself or you want to move on?
    What needs explaining? Is that not self explanatory?

Can you explain why the Capitol Police should have access to guns that I can't have access to? Is there some reason they have more rights than I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Oh looky here: someone's done the easy bit for you.

Attachment 1132

Now try to explain why the US isn't retarded about guns.

See if you can do it without getting yourself banned.

Whatever you tried to attach isn't showing up.
    You can literally copy/paste images into the text box, poop.

Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Whatever you tried to attach isn't showing up.
    It did, but I think it's a thumbnail and not the original image, if you enlarge it the words are fuzzy.
    ongies gonna ong
    Me:

Oskar's interpretation:

And you guys wonder why I get frustrated

Can you not even follow the conversation you're taking part in?

You said guns save lives.

Oskar called bullshit.

You then started talking about chainsaws.

Then you went on to swimming pools.

Do yourself a favour, and stop watching Trump speeches. You are beginning to be as incoherent as he is.
    I just see a blue link that says "attachment 1132". If I click it I get this message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    You said guns save lives.
    No I didn't. The CDC did. I just said I believe them.

Oskar called bullshit.
    And hasn't explained why. He just said "something something accidents", which makes zero sense because a defensive use of a firearm should almost never be accidental.
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 05-10-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You can literally copy/paste images into the text box, poop.

I tried that before and it didn't work.

Still doesn't work.

ONG-ANA.jpg
    Get google chrome?
    ongies gonna ong
    No I didn't. The CDC did.
    contrarian.jpg

Crazy right?
    facepalm.jpg
    Get google chrome?
    nope, firefox
    Firefox in 2019 is like IE in 2009
    ongies gonna ong
    This might not seem related, but it is. And the question is mainly for poop.

Should they ban fighting in hockey?
    This might not seem related, but it is. And the question is mainly for poop.

Should they ban fighting in hockey?
    No. They should ban chainsaws in hockey though. And swimming pools.

Now how about you talk yourself in circles about that chart with the gun deaths on it?
    Really it's not even close to a good analogy with guns.

Turns out it's a lot easier to hurt a guy with your stick or by ramming your shoulder into his head when he isn't looking than to punch him when he is standing there defending himself.
    Now how about you talk yourself in circles about that chart with the gun deaths on it?
    Learn how to post a picture and I will
    Turns out it's a lot easier to hurt a guy with your stick or by ramming your shoulder into his head when he isn't looking
    If it's so much easier, then why does that happen so much less than fighting?
    fyp
    Weird how your responses turn into dick-hole memes as soon as logic starts to chip away at your agrument.
    If it's so much easier, then why does that happen so much less than fighting?
    Do they not have televisions where you live? Have you ever watched the NHL?

Weird how your responses turn into dick-hole memes as soon as logic starts to chip away at your agrument.
    Weird how you change the topic as soon as you start to lose the argument, which is usually your first post.
    Yes they should ban fighting in hockey. Are hockey players exempt from law? Can they stab each other? Can they smoke crack? Can they commit wire fraud? Why let them assault other people? It's not boxing, it's not a disciplined fighting sport, so it's unacceptable.

Except it's great entertainment, so whatever, let them at each other.
    ongies gonna ong
    Do they not have televisions where you live? Have you ever watched the NHL?
    Yes I have. And in my observation, fighting is much more prevalent than spearing injuries and concussions caused by dirty checks.

And I believe you know why fighting is still allowed in hockey. It's because if guys couldn't fight, they would settle grudges with their wooden clubs, shoe-knives, or by launching their bodies at each other while moving 20mph.

And guys can't line up Wayne Gretzky for a punishing body check, even a legal one, because it means exchanging knuckles with McSoarley

The fighting deters worse crime. The only way to stop a bad goon is with a good goon.

Guns deter crime. Guns deter government tyranny. Defensive gun use saves more lives than are lost to offensive gun use. What exactly is your beef with guns and hockey fights?
    Why let them assault other people?
    The game would not exist otherwise.
    The game would not exist otherwise.
    My apologies, I thought the game in question was rather like field hockey that girls play here, only on ice. I'd fucking love field hockey if they let the girls fight each other, fuck yes.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yes they should ban fighting in hockey. Are hockey players exempt from law? Can they stab each other? Can they smoke crack? Can they commit wire fraud? Why let them assault other people? It's not boxing, it's not a disciplined fighting sport, so it's unacceptable.

Except it's great entertainment, so whatever, let them at each other.
    You can't run into someone on the street either, but you can in hockey, eggball, rugby, etc. without it being considered illegal.

Similarly, it's in the rules that if you and another guy both want to fight, you do, and then you each get 5 minutes in the penalty box. The worst that can happen in a fight is someone breaks their hand hitting the other guy on the helmet.

With a stick or elbow you can break bones, knock out teeth, and give someone a concussion pretty easily, given how fast they're skating.
    Footballers aren't allowed to fight, and very occasionally, a footballer is charged with assault for breaking the law which they are subject to just as mere mortals are.

You can tackle a player, but that's a critical aspect of the game. Rather like punching in the head in boxing.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yes I have. And in my observation, fighting is much more prevalent than spearing injuries and concussions caused by dirty checks.
    You haven't watched in a long time then. Most of the damage players get from others players today is from illegal hits, not fighting. And it's always worse damage than a black eye or bruised knuckles.

And I believe you know why fighting is still allowed in hockey. It's because if guys couldn't fight, they would settle grudges with their wooden clubs, shoe-knives, or by launching their bodies at each other while moving 20mph.

And guys can't line up Wayne Gretzky for a punishing body check, even a legal one, because it means exchanging knuckles with McSoarley
    Confirms the above; these guys played in the 1980s and 90s lol.

Watch a game that took place in the last ten years if you want to argue about how the game is played ffs.

The fighting deters worse crime. The only way to stop a bad goon is with a good goon.
    The only way goons get stopped at all nowadays is if the league suspends them.
    You can tackle a player, but that's a critical aspect of the game. Rather like punching in the head in boxing.
    Fighting is a critical aspect of hockey.
    Footballers aren't allowed to fight, and very occasionally, a footballer is charged with assault for breaking the law which they are subject to just as mere mortals are.
    They had some incidents in the 70s when goon hockey was in its heyday where players would go into the stands and beat up fans. A few of them got charged I think.

The guy who did this also got charged.

You haven't watched in a long time then. Most of the damage players get from others players today is from illegal hits, not fighting. And it's always worse damage than a black eye or bruised knuckles.
    STOP MOVING THE FUCKING GOALPOST

I said "fighting is more prevalent". Which is true. You apparently can't dispute it without a heavy dose of reducicus el bananarious, so let's just say that I"m right here and move on
    If by 'critical' you mean there's less than one fight per game on average, then yeah I agree.

fights.jpg

Edit: Sorry I meant less than one fight every three games.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 05-10-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    STOP MOVING THE FUCKING GOALPOST

I said "fighting is more prevalent".
    The question, if there is one, is what kinds and frequency of injuries come from fighting relative to dirty hits or even clean hits or accidents.

Fighting is relatively harmless compared to the rest of the game.
    If by 'critical' you mean there's less than one fight per game on average, then yeah I agree.
    LOL, and you just got through deriding me for 'not watching' hockey.

How are they measuring fights on that chart?

Go find another chart showing punches thrown per game.
    The question, if there is one, is what kinds and frequency of injuries come from fighting relative to dirty hits or even clean hits or accidents.
    No, that's not the question. Never was

You reducicus el banarium'd yourself into that
    No, it's a critical aspect of what makes it not boring.

Unless I'm missing something. What competitive or tactical advantage do you gain from having a fight? Do you win possession?
    ongies gonna ong
    No, it's a critical aspect of what makes it not boring.

Unless I'm missing something. What competitive or tactical advantage do you gain from having a fight? Do you win possession?
    None. it can even be a disadvantage because there is a rule that if one player clearly instigates the fight he gets an extra two minute penalty.

It's usually one of three things that starts a fight:

1. The other guy is being a dick and you're sick of it so you fight him. Maybe he's jabbing you in the back of the knees with his stick or calling your wife a whore or both.

2. The other guy put a dirty hit on one of your teammates sometime in the last two or three games and you're sticking up for your teammate.

3. Your team is losing and you're trying to get them and/or the crowd fired up.
    there are two arguments supporting fighting in hockey. They are:

1) It would be far more gruesome and dangerous without fighting. Guys are armed with sticks and have swords attached to their feet. They move at 20mph in full padding. They are lethal weapons flying past each other on ice. If there was no outlet for people to settle scores, things would get ugly real fucking fast.

2) It's really easy to nullify a skilled skater's scoring threat by putting him on his ass. Superstar players would get creamed on a regular basis if there was no one protecting them. Teams have "enforcers" whose job it is to knock the teeth out of anyone who puts a hit on the guy who is responsible for ticket sales.
    I get why they fight, I was pointing out it's not a "critical aspect" of the game. You could play hockey perfectly fine if it was not allowed, unlike tackling in football, or punching the head in boxing.
    ongies gonna ong
    You could play hockey perfectly fine if it was not allowed,.
    No you couldn't. I just explained why. I gave you two reasons

1) Everyone would die

2) All the good players would have significantly shorter careers
    there are two arguments supporting fighting in hockey. They are:

1) It would be far more gruesome and dangerous without fighting. Guys are armed with sticks and have swords attached to their feet. They move at 20mph in full padding. They are lethal weapons flying past each other on ice. If there was no outlet for people to settle scores, things would get ugly real fucking fast.

2) It's really easy to nullify a skilled skater's scoring threat by putting him on his ass. Superstar players would get creamed on a regular basis if there was no one protecting them. Teams have "enforcers" whose job it is to knock the teeth out of anyone who puts a hit on the guy who is responsible for ticket sales.

Good explanation. Too bad it's from twenty years ago.

Teams don't have enforcers any more. If someone hits your star player in the head with their stick then someone on your team just goes back and hit the other team's star in the head with his stick. It's a rough fucking game with or without fighting.

Ong is right; you don't actually need fighting. It's just fun to watch.
    Teams don't have enforcers any more.
    False

They're just harder to spot because they're better skaters now.

back in the days you're talking about, there were 3rd line defenders who couldn't even pass. Their whole job was punching. Now, they're expected to score a little too.
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 05-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    No you couldn't. I just explained why. I gave you two reasons

1) Everyone would die

2) All the good players would have significantly shorter careers
    But girls manage to play it perfectly fine in fields across England all the time. Nobody gets smacked with sticks.
    ongies gonna ong
    False

They're just harder to spot because they're better skaters now.

back in the days you're talking about, there were 3rd line defenders who couldn't even pass. Their whole job was punching. Now, they're expected to score a little too.

You're credibility as a hockey scholar would be much higher if you hadn't name dropped two guys who retired 20 years ago.
    girls manage to play it perfectly fine
    I take issue with your use of the following words:

manage
    play
    perfectly
    fine
    But girls manage to play it perfectly fine in fields across England all the time. Nobody gets smacked with sticks.
    Girls aren't usually dirty at sports. They're also weaklings.
    Coming back to the main topic, if hockey players were allowed to carry guns during the game would there be more or fewer gun deaths in hockey?
    You're credibility as a hockey scholar would be much higher if you hadn't name dropped two guys who retired 20 years ago.
    I went for mass appeal. I didn't expect anyone else to know who Sydney Crosby and Ryan Reaves are.
    Coming back to the main topic, if hockey players were allowed to carry guns during the game would there be more or fewer gun deaths in hockey?
    I think the analogy is pretty apt. When teams have goons....everybody behaves.

More guns = less crime.

Between 500K and 3M life-saving defensive gun uses per year according to the CDC. How many people die from guns?

Everyone seems to be dropping stats like this is some kind of game that can be won by body count. So fine, guns save 3 million people. Guns kill 1% of that, and 2/3 of those are suicides

guns win
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 05-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    I think the analogy is pretty apt. When teams have goons....everybody behaves.
    They don't behave whether there are goons or not. You're just repeating outdated dogma that you saw some dufus on ESPN using in the 1990s as an argument to not ban fighting.

More guns = less crime.
    Whatever you say.

Between 500K and 3M life-saving defensive gun uses per year according to the CDC. How many people die from guns?
    What are the guns saving people from? Measles? Why is the CDC interested in this anyways? Or is there another CDC I don't know about...
    What are the guns saving people from?
    Crime
    Coming back to this, if the threat of violence is enough to deter violence, then why not let players carry guns?
    Crime
    You (or CDC or whoever's quote you made up) said 'life-saving'. I'm just wondering what their lives are being threatened by? Is it a guy with a chainsaw? A swimming pool? A gun?
    Coming back to this, if the threat of violence is enough to deter violence, then why not let players carry guns?
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Seems that we agree that arming NHL players would drive league-wide violence to absolute 0
    I would say you need to adjust your tinfoil hat because the microwaves are still getting to your brain.
    I'm just wondering what their lives are being threatened by?
    I told you. Crime. If you want a more specific answer: Violent Crime.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Seems that we agree that arming NHL players would drive league-wide violence to absolute 0
    So why don't they make the game so much safer by letting everyone carry a gun?

Why not hand out guns to people in the stands too? That way if someone tries to take your seat while you're in the can...blammo!
    Violent Crime.
    By people with guns?
    So why don't they make the game so much safer by letting everyone carry a gun?
    Because no one will buy a ticket to stare at an empty sheet of ice.

Why not hand out guns to people in the stands too?
    Because communism is bad. I don't support handouts.

That way if someone tries to take your seat while you're in the can...blammo!
    Works for me.
    By people with guns?
    Possibly

I know where you're going with this.....I'm just gonna let it happen. The faster you go, the more satisfying it will be when you splatter against the brick wall of logic I'm about to drop in your path.
    The players will only be allowed to shoot each other in self-defense.

The hockey stick clearly is not enough of a deterrent to violence in hockey. Guns are needed.
    Possibly
    Seems we've come full circle then.
    Seems we've come full circle then.
    Have we?
    TheSpoonald may apologize for twice breaking the rules of our forum, and twice further disrespecting them with an alt account.
    OR
    TheSpoonald may have a permanent ban as well.

This game is over.
    You acknowledge that you understand our rules, and apologize for breaking them in the past, and promise to not break them in the future
    or you're not welcome here.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    So you have a situation where good guys with guns are preventing bad guys with guns from killing other good guys.

And yet, good guys still get killed by guns. In the US this happens a lot compared to most civilized places.

Now, you can either make it hard for anyone to have a gun and reduce gun crime and homocide rates. Or, you can try to make sure every good guy has a gun. And if some of those good guys actually turn out to be bad guys who go and shoot up a school, well that's the price of freedom. Sometimes people just have to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    This game is over.
    Then stop playing. Demanding a forced-apology serves nothing and no one.

But fine, here you go: I'm sorry

Know that was totally insincere and merely an empty gesture to get you to shut the fuck up. Now I suggest you never talk to me again.
    And if some of those good guys actually turn out to be bad guys who go and shoot up a school, well that's the price of freedom. Sometimes people just have to die.
    Finally, you get it.
    lol bye banana.
    Know that was totally insincere and merely an empty gesture to get you to shut the fuck up. Now I suggest you never talk to me again.
    Done deal, then.

Bye, bye.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Countdown to rage-posting account in 30...29...28