Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 221 of 420 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,575 of 31490
    That dude got issues, and (not) paying tickets seems to be the least of 'em
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Keep in mind that OngBonga is a self-admitted freeloader who cares nothing about being productive or trying to make a living for himself.

Not that I have a problem with that in and of itself, but it definitely affects his perspective in this discussion.
    This is mostly fair.

I want to make a living for myself. I'm just shit at poker and they won't let me grow weed. So fuck 'em. I'm not gonna go work in a shitty factory, a supermarket, or maccie fucking dees, and that's about all the job hope I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is mostly fair.

I want to make a living for myself. I'm just shit at poker and they won't let me grow weed. So fuck 'em. I'm not gonna go work in a shitty factory, a supermarket, or maccie fucking dees, and that's about all the job hope I have.
    If you want to work for yourself and make decent money and you have no marketable skills, spend a day or two learning about SEO then start contracting yourself out as an SEO expert. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    If you want to work for yourself and make decent money and you have no marketable skills, spend a day or two learning about SEO then start contracting yourself out as an SEO expert. Seriously.
    Ackowledged. Cheers. Looking at the wiki page now for an overview.
    ongies gonna ong
    That was a big skill to have in the 90's, but does that even work still? I guess for Bing it does, so nvm me.
    Last edited by oskar; 02-06-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    SEO is still valuable, I've had to do it for my work recently. It's a little annoying but if you treat it like a game of strategy you can make it fun.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    SE0 is dead.

It's all about SE1 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    That was a big skill to have in the 90's, but does that even work still? I guess for Bing it does, so nvm me.
    It's much different than spamming keywords hidden in the footer of your page like in the 90's but it's a very important skill, more so now than ever. Two big bonuses about it are no clients actually know what it is but know they need it, and Google constantly changes their algorithms so the playing field levels out frequently as everyone has to learn new stuff over again.

At the company I work for we just hire someone with no experience in SEO and tell them you're now an SEO person, go learn it. And we actually provide good SEO service. We used to contract SEO firms until we realized so many of them are shit, and so many of them weren't doing anything we couldn't do on our own.

There's plenty of elite SEO firms out there that could destroy what we offer but clients just want to see improvement from what they currently have. Not everyone can afford a Ferrari, but if you give them a Civic they're more than happy.

Also, I should mention, it's something someone like Ong might like because he doesn't mind sitting in front of his computer all day. Plus, as Carmen Sandiego mentioned, there's an element of strategy to it as you try to find what works and what doesn't so if you find those little victories fun it can be a good thing to try.
    Last edited by Galapogos; 02-07-2015 at 02:40 AM.

My joke isn't getting enough love.
    The above cry for attention made me lol if that makes you feel better.
    The above cry for attention made me lol if that makes you feel better.
    I'm glad you got the joke.
    I get a lot of jokes. The trick is to laugh anyway even if you're not sure if it's a joke. If it isn't a joke they will ask you to leave. That's how you know.
    Wuf, I'll have you know that my book is coming along nicely. I starts with two blank pages, then there's a page with a centered quote from the 1968 Turtles hit Eleanore reading:

Eleanore, gee, I think you're swell
    and you really do me well
    You're my pride and joy,
    et cetera

It's a book about robots. And love. Once I sell the movie rights I will insist that it ends with a tracking shot moving in towards an array of maniacally blinking lights mounted on a beige console while Weasels Ripped my Flesh is playing in the background to let you know that the computer is going insane.
    But I might instead go with the story about the canadian pedophile superhero who saves the world from whatever it needs saving from while also molesting young boys. It will get mixed reviews at first, but reach critical acclaim much later. If I go with that one we will have to switch the computer in the last shot with a moose (the moose is a metaphore). It's only a small rewrite really.
    Last edited by oskar; 02-07-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    I will not participate further in this discussion, but I just wanted to say, Ong, you're wrong, and it's painful to watch someone be so wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    I will not participate further in this discussion, but I just wanted to say, Ong, you're wrong, and it's painful to watch someone be so wrong.
    It's been several posts, so I'm not even sure which discussion you're talking about.

Edit: As soon as I pressed to post, I remembered it was about the dumbass on the train.
    Hi boost, welcome to last week.
    ongies gonna ong
    Dumbass is forever
    jyms say something positive. I dare you.
    ongies gonna ong
    I think almost everything Boost and Spoon post in this thread has been pretty much bang on. And i am also positive you are not trolling and really believe the tripe you are posting about this.
    Tell me I should feel bad about it jyms. Tell me that I'm a bad person for disagreeing with you people who feel that their right to a peaceful journey is more important than the right to not be harrassed by people with no authority.
    ongies gonna ong
    No authority is required for someone to ask to see your ticket.

This is not a case of standing up to tyrannical government. It's a case of an attention whore idiot being an idiot and causing a negative freeroll for everyone involved, including himself.
    No authority is required for someone to ask to see your ticket.

This is not a case of standing up to tyrannical government. It's a case of an attention whore idiot being an idiot and causing a negative freeroll for everyone involved, including himself.
    It's actually a case of both. I've not once disputed this guy is an idiot. But it's also a case of implied authority where there is none, which is a problem, at least as far as I'm concerned. Allowing people to believe they have authority when they have none leads to erosion of civil rights.

You're right that no authority is required to ask for a ticket. Authority is required to remove that person from the train though, and they tried to bully him off the train by using the annoyance of other passengers against him. There are better ways of dealing with this.

Like I said earlier, this is why these guys failed to become police officers. They're not capable of problem solving; all they know is brute force, and when that fails they are clueless.
    ongies gonna ong
    again:

"If you are traveling without valid Proof of Payment you may be removed from the vehicle and issued a fine of more than $100."

You can't keep using the service without following the basic rule, which is made clear as day on their website. That's why they needed to get him off the train, so they could bring the cops into it. He was refusing to comply, he was insisting he stay on the train and use the service even after refusing to comply with a rule which, as it clearly states above, leads to your removal from the train.

There was no brute force in this video btw. They were being incredibly patient and levelheaded.

Also, these are train conductors. I don't think train conductors are wannabe cops, I have no idea where you are getting that from.

This guy deserved all the animosity he received on that train. Those passengers were 110% in the right to be that annoyed with him. No one that actually worked for the train treated him in any fundamentally disrespectful or aggressive way. This was an incredibly singular act of pointless stupidity, which no one was prepared for. They handled this kind of unexpected retardation as best they could in the moment, and I'm actually irritated by the fact that you seem to have more sympathy for some stupid lowlife dumbfuck than people trying to just get through an honest day's work.
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 02-09-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    "If you are traveling without valid Proof of Payment you may be removed from the vehicle and issued a fine of more than $100."
    This is not criminal law. That's all there is to it.
    ongies gonna ong
    There was no brute force in this video btw. They were being incredibly patient and levelheaded.
    No, but they were flustered, and if the law allowed them to use brute force, they very probably would have done. They didn't know how to handle it, that's my point.
    ongies gonna ong
    This is not criminal law. That's all there is to it.
    It's part of the contract he agreed to when he got on. If he doesn't like it, then he shouldn't have gotten on.
    It's part of the contract he agreed to when he got on. If he doesn't like it, then he shouldn't have gotten on.
    Even if he signed a contract in blood, it's not cirminal law.

Even so, walking on to a train is not the same as signing a contract, and to suggest it is is not only ridiculous, but dangerous. Can gmml say that anyone who posts in his forum is signing a contract accepting whatever he puts in the small print? He can try, but it's worth as much as my pubes.
    ongies gonna ong
    Your points are all over the place. It sounds like you're both unreasonably criticizing their handling of the situation, which in my eyes was 100% appropriate given the weird unexpected nature of it, and criticizing the fact that he needs to even show them proof of payment. You're saying he's a twat but then also saying he has the right to a peaceful journey, which sounds like you're saying he has the right to use the service without being hassled or asked to get off the train even though he won't use proof of payment. He doesn't have the right to peacefully use a service without complying by its basic rules, and he needed to get off the train when they told him to. That whole video is them just trying to get him off the train. There's nothing else they can do other than physically remove him, which they didn't. What kind of problem solving skills are they lacking exactly? Please tell me what you think they could have done differently other than calmly try to reason with a brick wall while passengers are flipping out.
    And using a service is a tacit agreement to the rules laid out by that service. And the people operating the service have every right to eject you from it if you are not complying, and have every right to bring you to the hands of the law if you violated their terms and essentially are trying to get away with stealing the service. What you're suggesting is nonsensical and anarchic.
    Please tell me what you think they could have done differently other than calmly try to reason with a brick wall while passengers are flipping out.
    I'm glad you asked...

"Sir, please show me yout ticket".

"No, sir, I am a pedantic dick and I am invoking my right to be a dick".

"Ok sir, are you refusing to show me your ticket?"

"I am invoking my rights blah blah",

"Ok sir."

*prints off new ticket*

"There you go sir, that will be $2.75",

"I have already paid for my journey",

"Are you refusing to pay for this ticket?"

"No sir."

"$2.75 please".

"I have paid".

"Please show me your ticket sir so I can cancel this ticket".

"No sir, I am invoking my right to be a dick".

"Ok sir, please leave the train at the next station".

"No sir, I will not".

"Ok sir, I am contacting the police and informing them that you have refused to show me your ticket, refused to pay for this one I have issued you, and are refusing to leave the train."

And then they get on with checking tickets without holding other people up. Done. I'm not sure why they don't have a policy for dealing with this kind of stuff, this guy can't be the only dick in America who wants to make a point.

...and have every right to bring you to the hands of the law if you violated their terms...
    No, you get turned over to the hands of the law if you break the law, not if you violate terms of service. There is a HUGE difference between law and rules, and that is my entire point. Fuck rules, I am not bound by someone's rules just because they, or everyone around me, says so.
    ongies gonna ong
    Did the attacker do anything wrong? Or even unreasonable?

A Briton has been remanded in custody in Spain on suspicion of killing a man he had caught filming his daughter on a tablet, reports say.

The British man, 40, was reportedly held on Saturday after the German national was attacked in a restaurant in the resort of Sotogrande.

The victim, 43, had been arrested days before for allegedly possessing indecent images of children, the Civil Guard told the Press Association.

A spokeswoman for Spain's Civil Guard told the Press Association: "The discussion apparently began because of alleged recordings that the victim was making of the aggressor's daughter.

"When he saw what was happening, he took the tablet off him, saw the recordings, threw the device to the ground and attacked him."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31302834
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    He beat a man to death so I'm going to go for yes.
    Depends how the dude died. Did he take one freak punch and collapse? It's not very easy to determine what happened based on that article.
    ongies gonna ong
    Even if he signed a contract in blood, it's not cirminal law.

Even so, walking on to a train is not the same as signing a contract, and to suggest it is is not only ridiculous, but dangerous. Can gmml say that anyone who posts in his forum is signing a contract accepting whatever he puts in the small print? He can try, but it's worth as much as my pubes.
    There is a terms of service that you agree to when posting here.

It's irrelevant whether you dislike it or agree with it, because it's how it is, and it's enforceable in court.
    I'm glad you asked...

"Sir, please show me yout ticket".

"No, sir, I am a pedantic dick and I am invoking my right to be a dick".

"Ok sir, are you refusing to show me your ticket?"

"I am invoking my rights blah blah",

"Ok sir."

*prints off new ticket*

"There you go sir, that will be $2.75",

"I have already paid for my journey",

"Are you refusing to pay for this ticket?"

"No sir."

"$2.75 please".

"I have paid".

"Please show me your ticket sir so I can cancel this ticket".

"No sir, I am invoking my right to be a dick".

"Ok sir, please leave the train at the next station".

"No sir, I will not".

"Ok sir, I am contacting the police and informing them that you have refused to show me your ticket, refused to pay for this one I have issued you, and are refusing to leave the train."

And then they get on with checking tickets without holding other people up. Done. I'm not sure why they don't have a policy for dealing with this kind of stuff, this guy can't be the only dick in America who wants to make a point.

No, you get turned over to the hands of the law if you break the law, not if you violate terms of service. There is a HUGE difference between law and rules, and that is my entire point. Fuck rules, I am not bound by someone's rules just because they, or everyone around me, says so.
    Theft is illegal.

You're really looking bad with this whole discussion.
    Theft is illegal.

You're really looking bad with this whole discussion.
    Theft is indeed illegal. Refusing to show a ticket is not theft. In fact refusing to pay for a train journey is not theft, because theft is defined, as per wikipedia page, as "the taking of another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it". To describe fare dodging as "theft", one would need to inspect the legal definition of theft in one's country. I think in the UK this would be "theft of service", which is legally a different crime to theft because property has not been taken.

It's irrelevant whether you dislike it or agree with it, because it's how it is, and it's enforceable in court.
    Not in a criminal court.

And I look bad? I don't know if any of you have noticed, but that really is not a priority for me. I'm just talking shit. If you think I look bad for sharing my opinion, then you should probably take a look at your definition of "bad" and perhaps seek to update it. I'm not the one being a dick on the train. I'm simply saying that this guy actually has some ground to stand on, imo.
    ongies gonna ong
    I like how you're a criminal law expert but at the same time have to wiki everything.

Anyway I just ate a jar of roasted peppers in garlic and oil, how much are you meant to drain stuff like that* because although it was lovely I now feel like I've drank 200ml (guestimate) of sunflower oil.
    Last edited by Savy; 02-09-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    I like how you're a criminal law expert but at the same time have to wiki everything.
    I like how you think that being able to tell the difference between criminal and civil law makes one an expert.

I've never pretnded to be expert about anything at this site. Oh, except for growing weed. That's my area of expertise, at least it used to be.
    ongies gonna ong
    And I look bad? I don't know if any of you have noticed, but that really is not a priority for me.
    Yeah no shit.
    But I might instead go with the story about the canadian pedophile superhero who saves the world from whatever it needs saving from while also molesting young boys. It will get mixed reviews at first, but reach critical acclaim much later. If I go with that one we will have to switch the computer in the last shot with a moose (the moose is a metaphore). It's only a small rewrite really.
    operating word: canadian
    never metaphor i didn't like

<-('_'<-)(->'_')->
    Ong is either one of the most stubbornly argumentative people ever to exist, or he is somehow managing to out-troll spoon.

The latter seems to not have a non-zero probability.
    Ong is either one of the most stubbornly argumentative people ever to exist, or he is somehow managing to out-troll spoon.

I have a story that would likely make door #1 a lock for you, but I promised my ex that I wouldn't tell anybody.
    Super LOL when he finally decided to show the ticket, and it bounced. Then he said something like ljold Kn, I have another " and that one bounced too

So, in fact, he didn't pay shit. He bluffed, they called him, gg
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    I have a story that would likely make door #1 a lock for you, but I promised my ex that I wouldn't tell anybody.
    This has got me curious. Say more.

Funny thing is, I'm not that argumentative IRL, I just get carried away on the internet.
    ongies gonna ong
    This has got me curious. Say more.

Funny thing is, I'm not that argumentative IRL, I just get carried away on the internet.
    Nope.
    It's probably bollocks. I can't imagine anything from my few chats with Chelle that you'd be referring to. I don't think I've had private chats with any of your other exes.
    ongies gonna ong
    It's probably bollocks. I can't imagine anything from my few chats with Chelle that you'd be referring to. I don't think I've had private chats with any of your other exes.
    You've already proven to be an unreliable narrator.

Now where's your God?
    You've already proven to be an unreliable narrator.
    Oh god please don't say this. Please. Call me a cunt, a wanker, anything but an unreliable narrator.
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh god please don't say this. Please. Call me a cunt, a wanker, anything but an unreliable narrator.
    Is that jyms with his mouth agape?
    ongies gonna ong
    It took me about three years to become one of the top online gambling writers, and I'm considering expanding into other subjects. I'm really interested in the life coaching market.

This chick at the store asked me to text her, and I was like I don't really do that texting shit, but you can get at me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, my website, Skype or via email.
    Clicked on your instagram expecting pictures of fine bitches you've banged, instead got some gay food pics. Hardly life coach material.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Clicked on your instagram expecting pictures of fine bitches you've banged, instead got some gay food pics. Hardly life coach material.
    I can't incriminate myself, sorry.
    at least i can feel a little less womanly about being on pinterest.
    All foodies and guys who like women are on Pinterest. So many hot pics of women you know and seriously, the food shit is all on there now. You need a protein bar recipe or some sort of high protein/low carb, paleo or whatever type of food or just want to make a casserole or something for a family function and not be the one that always brings the buns you can't miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    All foodies and guys who like women are on Pinterest. So many hot pics of women you know and seriously, the food shit is all on there now. You need a protein bar recipe or some sort of high protein/low carb, paleo or whatever type of food or just want to make a casserole or something for a family function and not be the one that always brings the buns you can't miss.
    I already have the buns you can't miss.
    "Females are so privileged in America that a woman can pop out three kids from different men and have free money automatically deposited in her bank account, have a wide variety of mainstream corporations (even men’s organizations) fight for any future disease she may contract, and have feminist-friendly writers on sites like Huffington Post and xoJane explain how men should man up and marry her because she’s strong and independent, regardless of the fact that she’s dependent on her government husband. If you believe women are oppressed in America, it’s possible you’re mentally ill."
    Someone should put their penis into spoon's mouth so he kows how it feels to be a bitch.
    ongies gonna ong
    That reads harsher than intended, I don't want spoon to really get face raped, but it still made me laugh back so I'm not deleting it.
    ongies gonna ong
    If I wanted to know how it felt to be a bitch, I'd [insert description of acting like OngBonga].

Zing.
    In other news, I hate when the interviewer is not prepared. It's so fucking unprofessional.
    Touché.
    ongies gonna ong
    I think oppressed is an extreme word and creates an unnecessary us vs. them dialogue. Battling over whether women are or aren't "oppressed" misses the point. Why can't we just have a conversation about the realities of every type of person's situation in America? Why does it have to be a WE ARE or YOU'RE NOT oppressed deal? I just hate black and white semantics, I dunno... Nothing is that simple. Nothing simply is or isn't, the truth is always a an extraordinarily complex mosaic, and it lies on both sides, or all sides, I should say. Language creates barriers of distinction, of a duality where one thing must be right and one thing must be wrong. Us vs. Them dialogues are doomed to fail.

I mean at the end of the day that's just, like, your opinion, man...

In more interesting news, I would love to stick my penis in Spoon's mouth. I'm so tempted to be your friend on one of those social media thingies so you can see how big my cock is.
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 02-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    sometimes things are pretty straightforward though

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    Why can't we just have a conversation about the realities of every type of person's situation in America?
    Because not everyone can and not everyone wants to. Your honesty seeds an advantage to the dishonest.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    That is true, but my hope is that I'm preaching to the choir here.
    Nah, I deny the racism and sexism I hold so dearly in my heart.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Just embrace it. The truth shall set you free. If you have hate in your heart, let it out! WHITE POWER!
    I embrace it once a month and these outdoor ragers. Check your PMs.
    This seems to be targeted at women, but it made me think of OngBonga as far as self-limiting beliefs go.

http://www.squeezist.com/three-reaso...t-good-enough/
    This seems to be targeted at women, but it made me think of OngBonga as far as self-limiting beliefs go.

http://www.squeezist.com/three-reaso...t-good-enough/
    trade in your band t-shirts and baggy jeans
    fucking

never

more seriously, that's bad advice. dress the way you want, just dont be messy or ragged. the world ends the day i wear something other than carpenter jeans and a tshirt. if people dont like it they can go fuck a goose. what, am i supposed to trade my style for any of the shitty new styles? get bent

Give her the D.
    fucking

never

more seriously, that's bad advice. dress the way you want, just dont be messy or ragged. the world ends the day i wear something other than carpenter jeans and a tshirt. if people dont like it they can go fuck a goose. what, am i supposed to trade my style for any of the shitty new styles? get bent
    A lack of style is not having style.