Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 205 of 420 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,375 of 31490
    lol that's not "girl shit," that's just an awesome display of talent. define blogging? like posting blogs? treating the forum like your own personal blog?

perhaps we should have a containment thread for snide and dismissive comments. or a containment thread for humorous videos, or interesting and thought-provoking essays. let's contain all random jests, or impromptu inquiries.

i say we abandon the randomness thread altogether. clearly the notion of random is obsolete if one can't randomly post a video of quite singular talent in the "randomness" forum.

let's categorize and contain everything so no one's fragile psyche is accosted by the dreaded "girl shit," clearly the most heinous brand of shit there is.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    1st off: DAAAYUUUUMM. GETTIM, GIRL!

Feel free to start any thread you like... but I think we can agree you just got trolled.

(Just in case not:) You're a welcome addition to the forums, aubrey.

Sounds like you're not having the best day, though. I know you would laugh this off on at least some days.
    I am the Law.

The Law doesn't give a shit what you do.

The Law is equal parts Just and Just Don't Care.
    i know spoon is a virtuosic troll and i've come to begrudgingly appreciate his talents, but this felt half-hearted, not as meaningfully provocative, so i was inclined to take him in good faith. maybe this is his andy kaufman stage of trolling? ;P

regardless of his intent, i do like to make cases against silliness for the general viewing public.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    regardless of his intent, i do like to make cases against silliness for the general viewing public.
    i refuse to believe it's that futile an effort
    Oh look, the subject's changing to awesome ass gifs.

Ha I forgot to use my many Dean Winchester gifs that time in werewolf. I will now save each of them for that perfect moment.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    @rilla: I don't post gif's of you bathing.

Ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    oh, dean.

aubrey ily.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    lol that's not "girl shit," that's just an awesome display of talent. define blogging? like posting blogs? treating the forum like your own personal blog?

perhaps we should have a containment thread for snide and dismissive comments. or a containment thread for humorous videos, or interesting and thought-provoking essays. let's contain all random jests, or impromptu inquiries.

i say we abandon the randomness thread altogether. clearly the notion of random is obsolete if one can't randomly post a video of quite singular talent in the "randomness" forum.

let's categorize and contain everything so no one's fragile psyche is accosted by the dreaded "girl shit," clearly the most heinous brand of shit there is.
    let's not make everything about you
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    let's not make everything about you
    Don't bite aubrey. Remember that if you write another wall of text in response to his 6 words then he wins
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    Don't bite aubrey. Remember that if you write another wall of text in response to his 6 words then he wins
    women aren't capable of thinking past how things relate to them, but i'm trying
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    women aren't capable of thinking past how things relate to them, but i'm trying
    Happpppppy Halloween y'all!

Now, go eat many candy and don't be assholes.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    blaw blaw blaw

shots fired
    everything is about me! that's how narcissistic insecurity-based anxiety works. i deftly weave my paranoid projections into the fabric of my daily existence. it's a skill, don't h8.

^^ awesome
    women can't be narcissists because they hate themselves
    [not trolling]

I'm really appalled at this: http://wavy.com/2014/10/29/teacher-s...acist-remarks/

It's like the dumbest shit ever. "My daughter said another kid at school said the teacher would kill black people if she only had 10 days to live," and based on this dumb fucking shit, the teacher's reputation gets dragged through the mud. It's based on nothing, and it's bullshit.

[/not trolling]
    ^^ i'm confused, what are you quoting, what is your issue exactly?
    read the link, rage, repeat
    I am getting annoyed by the lack of trick or treaters around here. Every Halloween I stock up on sweets and then maybe two or three groups of children come by and I end up eating the rest alone in a room with the shades drawn.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    In the mind of spoonitnow there are three things in this world: math, race and gender. Any issue can be reduced to one of these three.
    oops, i somehow missed that. i was already familiar with this story and only skimmed the piece real quick to find that quote, but i should've done a ctrl+f, i just felt falsely confident that it wasn't in the body in the article.

anyway it seems like they understood how serious that allegation was and made the effort to confirm its veracity. i mean it's still ultimately a they said/she said sort of thing, but it's not based on "nothing" exactly... what do you think the best course of action is in a case like this?
    oops, i somehow missed that. i was already familiar with this story and only skimmed the piece real quick to find that quote, but i should've done a ctrl+f, i just felt falsely confident that it wasn't in the body in the article.

anyway it seems like they understood how serious that allegation was and made the effort to confirm its veracity. i mean it's still ultimately a they said/she said sort of thing, but it's not based on "nothing" exactly... what do you think the best course of action is in a case like this?
    To clarify on what exactly happened for people who aren't that involved:

Teenage Girl 1 told her mom that Teenage Girl 2 said a teacher had said that if she only had 10 days to live, she would spend it "killing all black people." The mom then decided it would be a good idea to take this seriously instead of telling her teenage daughter not to be an idiot. Then school administrators decided it would be a good idea to suspend the teacher instead of telling the mother not to be an idiot.

My first problem is that a teacher was suspended with no proof that she did anything wrong. This hurts her reputation and disrupts her classroom making it harder for her to do her job. Being suspended with pay doesn't change this.

My other problem is that this girl's mother felt the need to start some shit over some teenage he said-she said. It's outrageous teenage girl rumors (at best). Nothing more, nothing less.

It sets a precedent that's not unlike that of false rape accusations. Want to get a teacher suspended? Say that you heard that she would kill black people as her dying wish. Voila! Instant suspension.
    Interestingly, that situation worked exactly the way it's supposed to. How so? The school is a public school, paid for by taxes distributed based on welfare values, with ultimate accountability to the citizen's sentiments

In a private school, especially one in a private system of education, this citizen has no voice other than her dollars, and the school isn't obligated to act in such a dysfunctional and destructive manner. The school can just claim since no actual problem is found, they can't do anything about it and the purchaser of their product can choose to continue on or leave. But in a public system, the citizen complaint IS the problem

That last point is the most important, yet it is so glossed over when people ponder these things. In a democracy, where dollars are allocated based on votes, negative sentiments of the citizens are the problems. Whereas, in a market system, poor function that produces complaints are the problems. This is why we see all things government only address things after complaints are made and still the addressing is only to stop the complaints, not the cause of the complaints, but in areas with little government, complaints represent a risk of revenue loss if the function isn't fixed.

I may sound like a broken clock, but it's true. It's hard to find a societal problem whose roots don't go back to the same thing. Public school is really just an extension of politics because its funding is tax revenues. So view public school like you would politicians
    AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THIS?
    If you give a shit about more than 1 post in 10 of the rando-thread, you're doing it wrong.
    Man I grew up with a sister and a mother, I have 2 daughters and a female partner, but I still have no idea what the fuck goes through a woman's head or what is likely to piss them off.
    At least she slept in the spare room and I have a king size bed to myself.
    sending pm to rong
    one common difference between women and men (and of course i think this is more of a masculine/feminine thing, some men are more feminine and some women are more masculine) is that men tend to be more oriented towards problem solving, where as women sometimes just want to be heard. for example... there are times when i'll be airing some emotional issues to my boyfriend and he'll sort of get frustrated because to him, if i'm talking about something that's upsetting me, it's something that he needs to tackle in that moment and try to solve or fix, and me just wanting to talk about it and be heard isn't something that's coming naturally to him. not that we don't make space for venting and that sort of thing, but sometimes i'll just need to get stuff off my chest and be heard, and i'll do it kind of randomly, and it'll cause friction because he's not perceiving the situation in that way.

not to sound like the most annoying person on the planet but honestly there's no way i won't with what i'm about to say, but my boyfriend and i have ridiculously open communication. we're totally honest with each other, and you have to face your own fears, your jealousies, your possessive tendencies, your insecurities, etc. it's difficult but incredibly rewarding and once you reveal the forms of your own destructive patterns, you can subvert them and achieve such a beautiful and satisfyingly deep connection. it takes a lot of communication and a lot of self-exploration and a lot of brutal honesty with yourself but...

what i'm trying to say is when you make a commitment to doing that, you stop living in this "omg the other sex is so inscrutable, i have no idea what's going on in their heads" paradigm and you start understanding and appreciating the labyrinth of your lover's mind.
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 10-31-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    btw happy hallowed weenie everyone!
    lol women
    women lol

cliffs: if she feels like she's good enough for you, then you're doing it wrong
    What she really meant

one common difference between women and men (and of course i think this is more of a masculine/feminine thing, some men are more feminine and some women are more masculine) is that men tend to be more oriented towards problem solving, where as women sometimes just want to be heard. for example... there are times when i'll be airing some emotional issues to my boyfriend and he'll sort of get frustrated because to him, if i'm talking about something that's upsetting me, it's something that he needs to tackle in that moment and try to solve or fix, and me just wanting to talk about it and be heard isn't something that's coming naturally to him. not that we don't make space for venting and that sort of thing, but sometimes i'll just need to get stuff off my chest and be heard, and i'll do it kind of randomly, and it'll cause friction because he's not perceiving the situation in that way.
    Wiff and I had more than a few conversations about this early in our relationship. Now she specifically asks me for solutions, and I end up saying "that sucks" a lot more than I used to. My mother informs me that this is in that silly "men are from mars" book.

not to sound like the most annoying person on the planet but honestly there's no way i won't with what i'm about to say, but my boyfriend and i have ridiculously open communication. we're totally honest with each other, and you have to face your own fears, your jealousies, your possessive tendencies, your insecurities, etc. it's difficult but incredibly rewarding and once you reveal the forms of your own destructive patterns, you can subvert them and achieve such a beautiful and satisfyingly deep connection. it takes a lot of communication and a lot of self-exploration and a lot of brutal honesty with yourself but...

what i'm trying to say is when you make a commitment to doing that, you stop living in this "omg the other sex is so inscrutable, i have no idea what's going on in their heads" paradigm and you start understanding and appreciating the labyrinth of your lover's mind.
    Yeah well the problem with spoon reductionist-troll jibba-jabba is that it fails to acknowledge the spectrum of...virtually everything that is the human condition. I know he understands this as he has basically acknowledged that he has a non-zero homosexual value. I acknowledge this also, but he's not my type.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    I know he understands this as he has basically acknowledged that he has a non-zero homosexual value. I acknowledge this also, but he's not my type.
    did you really believe that lol
    I have this idea for a movie about a superhero who is also a sex offender. He saves the world, but also exposes himself to children.

[ ] hot
    [ ] not
    As long as it isn't supposed to be a comedy, I'd watch it for the comedy value.
    ongies gonna ong
    Ha, when considered from a sober perspective, seems I may have been ever so slightly in the wrong, maybe.
    ^^code for

Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Ha, when considered from a sober perspective, seems I may have been ever so slightly in the wrong, maybe.
    So you woke up hungover and a little ashamed, that doesn't change the fact that you were on-point last night.
    What she really meant

She closes her eyes.
    and that means?
    That she's saying it to a camera.
    omgnowai
    Some faces don't lie

dey got dat white protestant guilt
    What is she saying? All I can guess is "through".

I don't get it.
    i think it's supposed to be "i love you"
    "I'm a whore."

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Nah, sometimes you just have to admit that you're wrong. I basically put her in a position where she thought I was coming go pick her up at 6.30 and that we would be going out for a couple of drinks and then some dinner. So she's all dressed up and looking forward to a night out. Meanwhile I'm in the pub with my mates getting pissed up with my phone on silent having a great time.

Now when she explained to me how she ended up thinking that, I can see how she might based on what I've said. And regardless, its pretty shit to get all dressed up just to be stood up. I'm just pleased thisbwwas all over by the next day.
    Oh, second page. Bitch on camera was definitely lying.
    TIL
    "Soccer's etymology is not American but British. It comes from an abbreviation for Association Football, the official name of the sport (for those of you who have never heard the team "Association Football" before, it was named after the Football Association, which still governs English soccer, to differentiate itself from the other major type of football, Rugby Football, which was named after the Rugby School."
    -Embassy of the U.S.: London
    one common difference between women and men (and of course i think this is more of a masculine/feminine thing, some men are more feminine and some women are more masculine) is that men tend to be more oriented towards problem solving, where as women sometimes just want to be heard.
    This is such a big source of fights for my wife and me because I understand that's where she's coming from but it's just so ridiculous to me I refuse to play along. If you're complaining about a problem that's totally fixable and you don't want to hear the solution then that's whining plain and simple. It's just so against my wiring I cannot bring myself to say, "Yeah, that sucks..." when I have all these thoughts on how you can fix whatever you're whining about. If you're having an issue that can't be easily explained as a problem and need someone to listen to it I can absolutely do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Yeah that makes sense. I've found myself on both sides of that situation. I think many people have fallen into the trap of complaining and wallowing rather than fixing, but some people are pathologically consistent with it and it's really enervating.

What I'm referring to isn't exactly a case where I'll just choose to solely complain about something that can be fixed in that moment. Here's an example: One morning I was sort of stressed because my abusive ex had been texting me the night before and I was just letting some steam out about it while getting ready. To me this shouldn't have been a source of stress for him because even though we would eventually find the space to actually tackle that, in that moment we were both otherwise occupied. I just wanted to talk. For him it was stressful because he didn't understand that I just wanted to be heard, and that he didn't have to contribute any massive energy to it in that particular moment.

Again, it's not like we don't make space to just air things out and be heard, but I can be less discerning about when I'm ranting or letting things off my chest. He's more focused in what's happening in the present moment. I'm very unfocused actually, my mind's all over the place, and energetically it can cause tension between us. So I'm getting better at being in the moment more and not just letting all my stresses dribble out of my mouth indiscriminately. Being ADHD like that isn't really a female thing, just a silly ol' me thing.

anyway im bored of real talk, how was everyone's halloween, mine was psychedelic and slammin'
    i also went to a shitty warehouse rave where everyone was annoying and abrasive and a creepy dude hit on me and expected me to kiss him simply because he instructed me to, and everyone was standing on the dance floor gawking like morons making it impossible to dance and goddamn, some people just suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    This is such a big source of fights for my wife and me because I understand that's where she's coming from but it's just so ridiculous to me I refuse to play along. If you're complaining about a problem that's totally fixable and you don't want to hear the solution then that's whining plain and simple. It's just so against my wiring I cannot bring myself to say, "Yeah, that sucks..." when I have all these thoughts on how you can fix whatever you're whining about. If you're having an issue that can't be easily explained as a problem and need someone to listen to it I can absolutely do that.
    I'm more of a, "If you don't want my thoughts on this subject, then you should not start a conversation with me on this subject," kind of guy.

Tell me anything you want, but understand that I'm a person, not a pillow. If you have honest troubles and you want my help, then I'll make time for you, but if you merely want an audience for your melodrama... frankly, I have better things to do, and I resent the intrusion.

Besides, given how I feel about the situation, isn't it just "easier" to not involve me in any personal venting? I shield my friends and family from parts of me that I know they don't like. It doesn't mean that I have any intention of NOT being myself, but it does mean that I care enough about them to avoid throwing it in their faces.
    girls - they want to be heard
    ohhhhh
    girls just wanna be heard
    Everyone wants to be heard.

What do you want to be heard saying?
    Probably some blah blah that no man wants to hear.
    ongies gonna ong
    having fun, being heard - same shit
    look this cup is cool: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...c4b3b8bb46084c

(no nightvision, cup actually had a green light at the bottom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Goddamn Gala that is the truth! Preach on brother

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Goddamn Gala that is the truth! Preach on brother
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Yeah... I heard. I'm gonna miss that show.

"Car Talk with Click and Clack" was the most entertaining radio show of the past 30 years for me.
    In many way, early linguistic styles and bonding between friends is different between males and females. One of the ways is that women (from little girl age of 5 and shit) bond in a style that involves relating to something. It doesn't even matter if that thing isn't true, young girls still act like it's true. It's called the "me too" game. This is played through their entire lives and helps explain why women are just looking for somebody to listen and relate when they have a problem regardless of the solution to the problem

Men OTOH never do this and never did it as boys. We play other games, like the one-up game, but it is the lack of us playing the me too game that I think best describes why it's so hard for men to see that "whining" about something that is solvable is super standard for how women develop closeness to their friends.

This is likely an area where the sexes can't understand each other since experientially and intuitively we're different. Boys don't bond by agreeing with each other all the time, yet that is one of the main ways girls bond.
    But we're all equal <3 <3 <3 feminism <3 <3 <3

Growing up, I used to give my little sister candy to bribe her into kissing me while I masturbated.

Whoops, that wasn't me. That was Lena Dunham.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 11-04-2014 at 10:37 PM.