Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 111 of 420 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,325 of 31490
    But today you made a good decision on your sig, so you can do it!
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Apt usage IMO

I'm afraid of making good decisions. The other day I tried to make a good decision, and I had a panic attack. You think I'm joking but I'm not
    I didn't think you were joking.
    Good stuff. I love the complete appreciation as well.
    Mind is blown:

That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I saw that a while ago (lifehacker i think) and it's completely changed my life. People look at me like I'm crazy when I explain it though.
    thanks for posting this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Illustrator is one annoying piece of shit bit of software.
    Do not speak ill of ye Illustrator you blasphemer! You will learn to love its vectoring ways and worship it in due time!
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Time, that's the thing I crave most and have least.
    Alrighty so I've missioned through all of community and rewatched the third season of AD cos gf hadn't seen it. What's next?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Alrighty so I've missioned through all of community and rewatched the third season of AD cos gf hadn't seen it. What's next?
    Seasons 1-3 of Coupling (British version). You could argue this is the most underrated comedy of all time since nobody knows about it, yet it was extreeemely good

Coupling (TV Series 2000–2004) - IMDb
    Relevant to note, on the IMDB page for Coupling, it shows six "people who liked this also liked these...", three of them are British shows, three of them are American shows. The American ones are Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly, and Community. So yeah, that's the best explanation I could give for why it's an awesome show
    I'm sold! I've had recs for coupling before so I guess it's time to bite the bullet. I'm watching workaholics right now. It's kinda stupid but has its funny moments. Doubt i'd enjoy it sober, but it's quality intoxicated watchings.

Other UK offerings: peep show and that mitchel & webb look, darth marengie's darkplace.
    I'm 15 mins into the accidental husband and considering accidental murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    I'm sold! I've had recs for coupling before so I guess it's time to bite the bullet. I'm watching workaholics right now. It's kinda stupid but has its funny moments. Doubt i'd enjoy it sober, but it's quality intoxicated watchings.

Other UK offerings: peep show and that mitchel & webb look, darth marengie's darkplace.
    Just don't watch season 4. For some reason, they got rid of their most important character after season 3.
    Went trawling through the sitcoms/series rec thread after posting here, and as such downloaded Peep Show overnight, I'll grab Couplings too.

Also finally grabbing Sopranos because it's now been years and years of it being ridiculous that I've never seen this. Hope every man and his dog having told me again and again how much I'm going to enjoy it won't have built it up too much and ultimately ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Also finally grabbing Sopranos because it's now been years and years of it being ridiculous that I've never seen this. Hope every man and his dog having told me again and again how much I'm going to enjoy it won't have built it up too much and ultimately ruined it.
    They may have. It's definitely good, but it's not GOAT like almost everybody on 2p2 likes to think. It's possible it doesn't even break top ten in dramas. I haven't seen everything, but off the top of my head, The Wire, Carnivale, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Rome, Six Feet Under, and Firefly are all better.
    Some would say Deadwood is better than Sopranos, but they would be wrong. You could argue that Oz is better, but only if you're talking about the first three seasons. Mad Men and Twin Peaks are probably better, but I haven't seen either yet so I couldn't say
    Sopranos delivers, comparing is subjective but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and was in a similar position to kiwi having heard how amazing it was for years and only finally watched it this year.
    I got a tattoo
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Just don't watch season 4. For some reason, they got rid of their most important character after season 3.
    awww fuck, wat are you getting me into? Some show that's gunna start sucking in later seasons and I'll turn into one of those guys bitter about the show going downhill, whining about how it wasn't the same as earlier seasons....ffs.

re: sopranos: regardless of where it's ranked, it's more than watchable. I'd even go so far as to call it a great show.

re: chelle: pics / gtfo.

It's on my right hip

I think I'm going to get another one on the other hip, I feel lopsided.
    They may have. It's definitely good, but it's not GOAT like almost everybody on 2p2 likes to think. It's possible it doesn't even break top ten in dramas. I haven't seen everything, but off the top of my head, The Wire, Carnivale, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Rome, Six Feet Under, and Firefly are all better.
    I don't think I've watched any of these besides Breaking Bad. And while I think Breaking Bad is great, I still don't think it comes close to Sopranos. Trying to figure out why I think one is so much better than the other, Breaking Bad is definitely lacking a lot of things that I haven't pin pointed yet though. fwiw, I'm only part way through season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Not watching The Wire is almost blasphemous as far as rating any TV show. It's the show that all others are rated under
    Breaking Bad > Sopranos.

Currently working through the Sopranos, I'm another one who has only just got round to watching it. I like it a lot, but Breaking Bad was fucking great.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    awww fuck, wat are you getting me into? Some show that's gunna start sucking in later seasons and I'll turn into one of those guys bitter about the show going downhill, whining about how it wasn't the same as earlier seasons....ffs.
    Naw the show was fantastic for three seasons, then they replaced a character coming into season 4, then cancelled shortly after. I've never even watched a whiff of season 4 because I knew all this before starting the series.

They replace Jeff, you'll realize why that was the dumbest thing possible. Plus, it's not really a show that goes places. It's kinda like Seinfeld meets Friends, but way better than Friends. So you're not poring over a story or anything, just funny episodes
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    I don't think I've watched any of these besides Breaking Bad. And while I think Breaking Bad is great, I still don't think it comes close to Sopranos. Trying to figure out why I think one is so much better than the other, Breaking Bad is definitely lacking a lot of things that I haven't pin pointed yet though. fwiw, I'm only part way through season 3.
    I wasn't really even that into Breaking Bad that much when I was halfway through season 3

It is arguably the most well written show to date due to how the entire series is structured. Great shows are still stuck in the rut of treating each season's story development as a standalone, but Breaking Bad does this for the entire series

So yeah, it gets a whole lot better

As for Sopranos, one reason it's so popular IMO is because it spends more time developing one single character (Tony) than any other show. The development isn't necessarily better, just more of it. On a rewatch, I found some of it pretty bland. Each season started to just repeat itself, especially the therapy sessions

It is a great show, though, for sure. Needed more Paulie (everything needs more Paulie) and especially more Furio
    I've only rewatched Sopranos once, last year, and found it still held up really well to how I remembered it. The only episodes I really disliked were those "filler" type season 6 episodes. I actually like his therapy sessions, I remember you saying before how you hated them, which would make it tough to like the show as much as others. I agree it's probably so popular because of the development of Tony, but I do think it's actually a better job than any show I've seen thus far does.

But I have heard how Breaking Bad is structured how you mentioned so I'm reserving judgement until it's done.

One thing that made it drop a few points with me recently though was when he came home from the hospital in season 2. The story arc that started from there is based off a REALLY thin premise. Sorry if that's too vague, don't want to fill this thread up with a spoiler discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Anything Dave Mitchell is great. Mitchell and Webb look. Peep show. QI, if you can find it.

I say "oh and that's a bad miss" in the everyday and no one ever knows what I'm talking about.

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    QI, that's where I know him from. I've heard his name heaps but never checked out any of his stuff cos there was a kid in my class in primary and intermediate school called david mitchell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Do not speak ill of ye Illustrator you blasphemer! You will learn to love its vectoring ways and worship it in due time!
    Please help a simpleton. How do I tile an image?
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I say "oh and that's a bad miss" in the everyday and no one ever knows what I'm talking about.
    I would hi5 u bigtime for appropriate uses
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Please help a simpleton. How do I tile an image?
    Ignore. Had an aha moment.
    Last edited by rong; 06-12-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Well, I use a variety of shortcuts.

One of these is:

Depending on your version of illustrator, just drag whatever you want to tile the distance you want to tile it. Maybe its just next to where the previous instance of the thing is. After you start dragging, press and hold ALT, your cursor should show double, meaning it'll copy when released.

Once its released in the correct place, just press CMD-D a few times to see the magic happen.

You can achieve this same thing by figuring out the dimensions of the object (ergo, the distance you want to tile it) and then press enter while you have the object selected, enter the distance you just measured, then press CMD-D a few times. More precise. You choose.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Thanks.

I ended up measuring the image, copying, paste to front and ctrl D repeatedly after I'd set the distance to move which worked perfectly.

That's one thing I'm liking about Illustrator, with very little knowledge and google you can figure out a way to do most things even if it isn't in the most efficient way. It's certainly growing on me in spite of taking ages to do some real basic things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    I've only rewatched Sopranos once, last year, and found it still held up really well to how I remembered it. The only episodes I really disliked were those "filler" type season 6 episodes. I actually like his therapy sessions, I remember you saying before how you hated them, which would make it tough to like the show as much as others. I agree it's probably so popular because of the development of Tony, but I do think it's actually a better job than any show I've seen thus far does.

But I have heard how Breaking Bad is structured how you mentioned so I'm reserving judgement until it's done.

One thing that made it drop a few points with me recently though was when he came home from the hospital in season 2. The story arc that started from there is based off a REALLY thin premise. Sorry if that's too vague, don't want to fill this thread up with a spoiler discussion.
    IMO the best character development is in Six Feet Under, and the best total cast of characters is in Rome

Of course, my favorite character of all time is in Carnivale

Of course, my favorite character of all time is in Carnivale
    Is Carnivale a spin-off of The Wire featuring Omar?
    Omar isn't even the second coolest character there ever was, that spot belongs to Lucius Vorenus in Rome. Can't tell you who the awesome dude is in Carnivale because part of how awesome that show is is finding out who does what and why

Hell, you could argue Bunk is cooler than Omar

Don't get me wrong, Omar is most likely top five. It depends on how much "badassery" you want to put into your rankings for characters. I mean, if you don't favor one type of character over another, Bubbs may actually be the best from The Wire
    FML.

Braces are the fucking devil.
    Anything Dave Mitchell is great. Mitchell and Webb look. Peep show. QI, if you can find it.
    By Vectron, I agree.
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    Yea, I think Omar was top 2-3 for me, but I haven't started Soprano's or Rome yet. With that said as soon as you go to comedies there are a few that could be easily above Omar as well. Hell half the Bluth family could be in the top 5
    nah, the Bluth is funny as a unit, similar to how the characters of Seinfeld were funny as a unit. Krammer is a great character, but only in context. This goes for a lot of sitcoms, since there is typically very very little character development.

Anyways, I'm not completely sure I even think Omar is the greatest character ever, but I had to pick someone from The Wire to make my funny. It's also hard to rank sub characters vs main characters. It's way easier to make an badass character when you keep them mysterious and give them very little screen time. And I think it's even harder to have a minor character become a major character and have them fleshed out at the sacrifice of their mysteriousness, yet still have them be an awesome character.
    Yea I agree, I think I was saying it more in jest. I don't think Seinfeld rates the same as other sitcoms though, I think the character development was great. It's pretty much the whole show in how the characters personalities are and how they reacted to the life situations. I think I get a better sense of George, and Kramer's characters than a ton of main characters on other shows
    Last edited by jyms; 06-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    I just killed a living being with my BARE FUCKING HANDS! Fucking houseflies.
    I killed 6 baby mice in my garage yesterday, although not with my bare hands (or teeth). I feel dirty and maybe want to cry a little bit. Just a little.
    Killing animals sucks. Finishing off a trapped mole with a shovel ruined my day, and running over a rabbit made me sob like a baby
    Killing wasps makes me happy.

But not bees.
    ongies gonna ong
    Last time I was involved in any kind of animal death was hitting a cat in a car but I was very drunk and it didn't bother me that much at the time. We hit it at about 50mph so it was a pretty quick end. I did feel pretty Shit the next day though, imagining some kid looking for kitty in the morning but kitty ain't coming home.
    I wasn't driving BTW, but I prob could have told the driver to stop to check it was dead, but he was my boss and pissed and in a 30 zone so he wasn't too keen on stopping.
    ya sometimes we get these annoying fruit fly infestations - last time i set up a trap with like fruit juice with a layer of dish soap to take away the surface tension, so they basically surprise fall right into the liquid and drown. dozens of them died. i did feel a bit bad even though they were just measly bugs.
    Killing bugs with science is just plain fucking awesome. Hahaha I have the thumb and I take away your surface tension. You are my hero.
    ongies gonna ong
    Killing animals sucks.
    Except hookers, amirite?

Hookers is Canadian slang for fish. What did you think I meant?
    I thought you meant you drove a truck.

......Change gear, change gear, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear.....

i'll just leave this here.
    Last edited by givememyleg; 06-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    gmml you ruined my day
    That was horrible.

Gotta love 'rilla for this. David Mitchell is engaged to be married to Vicky Coren. FTW.

http://schwarzehunde.files.wordpress...oria-coren.jpg

http://www.pokerlistings.com/assets/...oren-25019.jpg

SFW
    - You're the reason why paradise lost
    He's done well for himself there.
    I'm not sure I like the rule that after points obtained, result against each other is used to separate teams before goal difference.
    Well I do. I think it's a bit wrong having a situation where Team A can beat Team B and finish on the same points but Team B qualifies because they scored more goals against Team C. I hope they keep the rule as it is.
    ongies gonna ong
    But the goals scored rule rewards and incentivises attacking football which has to be a good thing.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    Gotta love 'rilla for this.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    You call the cops, and this guy shows up

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    But the goals scored rule rewards and incentivises attacking football which has to be a good thing.
    Yes, but where two team have the same points, I would want the better team to progress. Team C could be eliminated by the last game, have four players suspended and have three more injured, and get thrashed by a strong Team B, while the even stronger Team A, who beat Team B, grinds out a 1-0 win against Team D. But because Team C was so weak and had nothing to play for, Team A are eliminated, depsite proving to be stronger than Team B.

Fairness must come before entertainment imo. If England get eliminated on level points by a team we lost to despite us having superior goal difference, I would not complain. The other way around, I would feel robbed.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 06-17-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    Fuck animals

LOL OPERATIONS
    Slugs aren't animals. Animals are cute. Slugs are monsters.
    ongies gonna ong
    imma tell ur mom u been callin her names
    thats awesome. i hope there are updates!
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    imma tell ur mom u been callin her names
    Wuf you can put me down better than that. Imma dissapoint.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Wuf you can put me down better than that. Imma disappoint.
    mom jokes are supposed to be bad. just like grammar nazis
    frankly, my dear, it's missing the "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you" scene
    Very true. Still fuckin awesome imo.