Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 100 of 420 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,500 of 31490
    2. Psychology
    I've never had food poisoning, and I don't even wash my hands after a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh sorry,

3. Sociology
    ongies gonna ong
    Food regulations are usually much stronger than they technically need to be, but that's because we need a pretty huge buffer since people go way over the "line" all the time.

I've gotten food poisoning several times, but that's because I eat at hole-in-the-wall Korean/Thai joints a bunch, and they do stuff like leave chicken out for days. Most really bad food poisoning has been stopped due to safety regulations. Like if you drink raw milk, your risk of illness is dramatically higher. Perhaps if you know the farm conditions well enough, the risk isn't much higher, but yeah...
    I find the bolded interesting.. it seems pretty unbelievable but I don't doubt it at all. How often do you think places do stuff like that, and is there any way to tell if meat gets spoiled like that? Smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    From the standpoint of a business owner, food poisoning is a huge deal. I've only had it once myself, but it was hell. And a lot of people seem to forget or not know that diarrhea/ uncontrollable vomiting can be fatal. But back to the business owner-- just one small outbreak can ruin a business.
    Good point, and to add to that you have to figure food you serve is naturally going to sit out for some time, and that not every potential customer is going to be a healthy adult with a normal immune system. For example someone might already be sick or have an otherwise compromised immune system that might be especially vulnerable to food poisoning. Just speculating here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I find the bolded interesting.. it seems pretty unbelievable but I don't doubt it at all. How often do you think places do stuff like that, and is there any way to tell if meat gets spoiled like that? Smell?
    I really don't know. Cooking masks a lot I'm sure. The "leave chicken out for days" is partly an assumption based on some observations of myself and others. It should be expected that most family restaurants don't do things like properly sanitize, cross-contaminate, leave some product in the danger zone for hours, and don't throw everything out when they should. Even in a big chain restaurant in a strict area, you'll find health code violations all the time.

That's the extent of my knowledge on the issue though. Boost probably knows a lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Good point, and to add to that you have to figure food you serve is naturally going to sit out for some time, and that not every potential customer is going to be a healthy adult with a normal immune system. For example someone might already be sick or have an otherwise compromised immune system that might be especially vulnerable to food poisoning. Just speculating here...
    Yeah it's really hard to gauge because most food illnesses go unreported and unidentified. My father has had a lot of sickness problems that involve migraines and nausea, but doesn't think any of it is food poisoning because he has other related issues so he always blames those. But he's definitely gotten sick from the same restaurants I have. He's eaten at messy Korean joints more than I have, and I've gotten sick that is most easily related to them like eight times; maybe more. A friend of mine was in bed for a week after eating at one of those places. The area just loves the small immigrant restaurants, and the food is always so damn delicious. I generally don't eat chicken from them anymore though because that's the source of most if not all of my poisoning
    Y'all should have studied real fields of academic depth like Tourism or Leisure Management.
    Ya, it's really amazing how some of these taquerias, kebab spots, and other small family run ethnic spots are able to pass inspection.

But the thing that absolutely scares me the most is scombroid poisoning. Tuna, as well as several other fairly common species of fish, has the potential to cause scombroid poisoning. These types of fish should never be off ice for more than half an hour, unless they are fully cooked. Furthermore, once the toxins are present, cooking does nothing to stop you from getting sick. Yet you still see seared tuna or tuna tartar for sale at the grocery store, or tuna in the display window at a sushi joint that is most certainly not on ice.
    Ya, it's really amazing how some of these taquerias, kebab spots, and other small family run ethnic spots are able to pass inspection.
    My guess is that the health departments treat them differently. If a family restaurant doesn't pass final inspections, the family goes bankrupt; but if it's a branch of a large chain, it's not hit as hard and even has internal policies that know how pass inspections in the first place and stuff.

When I worked at TGI Fridays, we were raked over the coals if caught violating health code, but I know a ton of family restaurants didn't come close to the little things we did
    i know what im getting jesse for christmas

whores.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illfavor View Post
    Let's talk about college degrees that are essentially worthless!

1. Music performance
    at least you probably had a good time while doing it. I wish I did a music performance degree. Instead I have a worthless general science degree
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Melinda Ganziano of McCullom Lake, Ill., wanted to introduce her son to the basics of banking, but he ended up with $229 in fees in two weeks with a balance of just $4.85.

After he put money into the savings accont from his job, Daniel Ganziano's balance eventually fell to $4.85 and with such a small amount, he ignored it.
    However, TCF sent him a letter on Oct. 12 informing him that it had charged him a $9.95 monthly maintenance fee six days earlier because the account had a low balance. That led to an overdrawn account by $5.10, which then led to a $28-a-day overdraft fee. The account was 10 cents over the $5 threshold for which the daily fee kicks in. Young Ganziano's account was now overdrawn by $33.10.
    Ganziano, who works in the nonprofit sector, and her son went to the bank that weekend to close his account, the Tribune reported. But they first had to pay the accumulated fees, which totaled $229.10.

and yes i am laughing my ass off. it's quite atrocious that banks can do this but i obv find this funny as hell,

and inb4 wufwugy but
    She decided to pay the $229.10 in fees for Daniel's account and was told a regional supervisor would call her.
    Soon, a TCF representative called Melinda Ganziano and agreed to send her a check for the $229.10.
    Last edited by bikes; 12-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.

?wut
    Let's talk about college degrees that are essentially worthless!

1. Music performance
    and when I walk to the new BLB I get to hear you guys

crazy how that occupy dude died in the camp
    re: bank service fees

I always called the bank and tell them to take them off (easier at a small bank or cu)
    No, I haven't really had all that much fun doing it. It's hyper-competitive and not all that rewarding.

UNT has a great music school, but the entire concept behind my degree is ludicrous and I wish I realized much sooner. Obviously the world needs elite musicians, but the future world will need far fewer.

I hadn't heard about our Occupy camp (Music bldg is the only bldg i pretty much ever go to. Have been to maybe 4 bldgs total in 3 semesters.) until the day before he died, when I saw it getting Jimmy Johns. I had trouble understanding their purpose...solidarity?
    Ich grolle nicht...
    I wouldn't do a performance degree to get a job in music, I'd do it because I love music. If I ever have nothing to do in the near future, I'll probably go back to school and get the degree.

A career in music performance sounds like the most stressful thing ever, however. Would never attempt it.
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by courtiebee View Post
    A career in music performance sounds like the most stressful thing ever, however. Would never attempt it.
    You work really hard and graduate with no job security, lots of debt, and very few prospects for the future. Who wouldn't want that?
    Ich grolle nicht...

What instrument(s) do you play?

Tromboner
    LOL OPERATIONS
    lulz. the double bass
    Ich grolle nicht...
    slappa da bass?

?wut
    lulz. the double bass
    The single bass is probably less stressful.
    Also, White People Problems ITT.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Also, White People Problems ITT.
    Because the more raced among us can't get college degrees? Racist ban.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Because the more raced among us can't get college degrees? Racist ban.
    Aren't we all equally raced? Math problems ban.
    THERE IS A JOKE IN MY HEAD BUT IT WON'T SETTLE DOWN INTO WORDS
    Aren't we all equally raced? Math problems ban.
    Implying different races don't exist. Nothing more racist than pretending racism doesn't exist. Racist ban!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    gentlemen, gentlemen.

can't we all agree?

?wut
    iz strait up black, yo
    Ich grolle nicht...
    Discrimination against racists. Is it a problem?
    Discrimination against racists. Is it a problem?
    It's called justice.
    Just finished building a poker table with my father-in-law

turned out pretty sweet

Very nice. am impressed.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    people still play poker?

psyche

ug i want to play on that table sooner rather than later
    Some boss looking stereo equipment too.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Just went through an entire gore thread on b. I have no faith
    Is there a height diff between the felt and wood ring? If not, hyper baller. Otherwise, pretty baller.
    elaborate plz
    LOL OPERATIONS
    The Dark Knight Rises trailer - YouTube

dark knight rises trailer

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises trailer - YouTube

dark knight rises trailer
    My fanboi-ism cannot even come close to competing with my haterade of fanboi-ism, but good goddamn that's gonna be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Is there a height diff between the felt and wood ring? If not, hyper baller. Otherwise, pretty baller.
    yes, but just barely...underneath the felt I have a layer of headliner fabric, for padding, so the felt area is raised from the wood ring maybe 1/8 of an inch.

So, legally, if someone mails me something of theirs for me to use, and I mail it back, and the U.S. Postal Service loses it, who's responsible for the loss? It's not the USPS if it's uninsured (it was not insured) afaik, so...?
    Ich grolle nicht...
    So, legally, if someone mails me something of theirs for me to use, and I mail it back, and the U.S. Postal Service loses it, who's responsible for the loss? It's not the USPS if it's uninsured (it was not insured) afaik, so...?
    Legally their fucked, unless you had some kind of contract insuring your responsibility in it. So this is more of a morals question, but it's still a kind of grey area I think. There is the fact that they would still have there stuff if they didn't loan it to you.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Legally their fucked, unless you had some kind of contract insuring your responsibility in it. So this is more of a morals question, but it's still a kind of grey area I think. There is the fact that they would still have there stuff if they didn't loan it to you.
    That's what I was thinking. I feel terribly bad for him, but I hardly think it's my responsibility, and at no point did I say I would insure it nor did he request it and I deny that request.
    Ich grolle nicht...
    Note to self, don't lend stuff to illfavor.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    Note to self, don't lend stuff to illfavor.
    This.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Wuf, quit that place, seriously. It will end you.
    lies and slander. benny. lies and slander

?wut
    Sometimes, ignorance truly is bliss.
    Sometimes, ignorance truly is bliss.
    This. Why go there when all the best stuff leaks out anyway?
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    This. Why go there when all the best stuff leaks out anyway?
    exactly because all the best stuff leaks out and he wants pictures of it leaking, oozing, and just generally being outside when it should be inside.
    Sometimes I make puns just to like check it off the list, not because I find a way to make it funny.

?wut
    wow, that is awesome bikes. I read it like 6 times.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    dthorne04's name is david thorne right? any relation?
    Wuf, quit that place, seriously. It will end you.
    Man I'm already done for
    I have question in this season for giving, how long does one have to wait to dispose a gift that was given to them?
    the day after.

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bode View Post
    holy shit, this was awesome.
    BofA settles unfair lending claims for $335 million - Dec. 21, 2011

lol, the "nigger finance plan", hits the front page. It's funny how people continually claim that "things aren't that bad." They claim that while society held minorities down in the past, that they have an equal chance now. This shit is systematic-- it's not a fluke. Maybe affirmative action as it is implemented is far from perfect, but claiming that it's anywhere near an equal playing field is just ridiculous.
    Fuck everything. Seriously.

?wut
    dthorne04's name is david thorne right? any relation?
    Pretty sure you and Benny more closely related.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    joined at the bennylarib
    Slippy cat > shoe dog imo
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    holy shit, this was awesome.
    i spent a solid 2 hours at work reading that site yesterday. i remember the 7 legged spider was linked here a few years ago, and its still one of the funnier ones.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    I enjoyed "foggot"
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    the day after.
    But I don't even want to carry it around or take it home.
    Can I just thank the person and then put it on the ground and walkk away?

gift certificates at places I normally do business at are a pain, even cash is a pain. Just fucking direct deposit in to my account you lazy shits.

The best gift is a charity donation in my name to some useless charity like the feed the starving hippos of Bolivia charity. Who gives a shit, it is the thought that counts and we can throw away the stupid save the hippos card together.

Happy holidays!
    Regift. Same as cash (cuz nothings coming out of your bank), you're actually earning interest on it if you consider your time to be money, and the next guy that gets it will prolly appreciate it. Win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    Slippy cat > shoe dog imo
    true, but this dog is pretty damn awesome
    getting my tubes tied.

no babies for me!
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.