Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 94 of 420 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,050 of 31490
    if SAMANTHA fit on a plate you could totally use that
    Always liked queen just for the fact that the vocals never failed Brian Mays guitar playing. +1 for RATM though.

I also think Blind Melon would have been a band to put all the pieces together until Shannon Hoon snorted everything in one shot. Although that may have been more my preference than actual talent
    Also, while we are talking about music, slipknot is fucking awesome. Over the last several days I've been turning a pile of motorcycle parts that were taken apart over a year ago (by someone else) into a working motorcycle. Today was crunch time. So to set pace so I could get the thing on the road I picked these three slipknot songs and looped them while I built the bike-- all 13 hours.

Slipknot - Psychosocial - YouTube

Slipknot - Duality - YouTube

Slipknot - Before I Forget - YouTube

I tend to like these ones better than the straight up shoutfests that some of their songs are.
    Last edited by boost; 08-13-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    p.s.

Double-bass makes Baby Jesus and Ghandi both want to mosh.
    BRASS MONKEY

THAT FUNKY MONKEY

BRASS MONKEY JUNKIE

Don Rickles will be here all night folks
    God.

I love tits.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    My brother is dating a girl from one of the supposed 13 Illuminati families. (Reynolds)

His last one's dad owned an Italian car dealership in Greensboro. It's funny how a foreman for a small landscaping company pulls some of these girls.
    I like balls.
    He clearly has a big ego. That's like titties for women
    I mean, he knows he's like a 9 in most girls books, looks wise, but comes across very modest and shy when talking to girls.

To this day, I have never seen a level of "pimpness" that he possessed when talking to the car dealers daughter. It was really a sight to see because this girl was a 10 even on the strictest scale. He met her in a shopping center parking lot walking out of a tanning salon and within 5 minutes of meeting her (time is not exaggerated) he was in the driver seat of her brand new BMW putting down the top and following us back to our apartment. He broke up with her eventually because the new girl he wanted to talk to was a virgin.

I just thought it was odd when I saw him this week and he explained his new girlfriend was one of "those" Reynolds. That girl is set to inherit a HUGE chunk of her family's tobacco money and and some would say she has direct ties to the Illuminati, yet she is head over heels for a guy that digs in the dirt for $12/hr and has nothing past a high school education. I'm fucking proud of that little guy.
    I like balls.
    And I believe it all until the last sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    some people just make them good girls go bad.

Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad ft. Leighton Meester [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Doesn't mean I don't envy him, I can just live vicariously through his dick.
    I like balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by DropTheBanana View Post
    Doesn't mean I don't envy him, I can just live vicariously through his dick.
    Disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Disgusting!

totally ew
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    There's not 12 teams in the Big 12 or 10 in the Big Ten?

wtfwtf?
    There's not 12 teams in the Big 12 or 10 in the Big Ten?

wtfwtf?
    Be quiet and drink your bag of milk!
    I like balls.
    Have you ever thrown a bag of sour milk off of the roof of a building? No? Then you don't know awesome, sir.
    Heiress to Illuminati monies is driving a bmw? What?

Is this like the stars of the Growin' Up Gotti reality TV show: Some barely upper middle class daegos who share a last name with someone of former fame and fortune?
    Old GF in town (at least 9 yrs ago for 2 yrs). Wants to meet. I dunno what to do.

She used to be exactly what I want in a woman, but I haven't seen her since so maybe she now lost all her curves, got fat, has a kid or two, all sorts of shit I can (but try not to) think about. I don't want to be disappointed. I also don't want to rekindle an old flame.
    OTOH if she remained exactly the way she was I'd go into beast mode, and I don't want that either. But I don't want to pussy out and keep making excuses for the duration of her stay either.

Ah fuck.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    I never meet in these circumstances, for purely selfish reasons, it's just a -ev situation to put yourself in imo. I mean, what's the upside? Unless you want to hit it obv, but if you don't, then what's the point?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    get coffee and talk imo. if nothing else you gotta win the break up!

?wut
    Send a friend who kinda sorta looks like you in place. See how long he can keep the gig up
    Just hit it for old times sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe View Post
    Just hit it for old times sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Heiress to Illuminati monies is driving a bmw? What?
    Two completely different girls. Maybe I worded the other post badly. I just found his new situation amusing.

A few of us were drinking at my brother's place the other night and I was asking her about it and she fucking hates it when it's brought up. Even she doesn't believe in the Illuminati.
    I like balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Old GF in town (at least 9 yrs ago for 2 yrs). Wants to meet. I dunno what to do.

She used to be exactly what I want in a woman, but I haven't seen her since so maybe she now lost all her curves, got fat, has a kid or two, all sorts of shit I can (but try not to) think about. I don't want to be disappointed. I also don't want to rekindle an old flame.
    OTOH if she remained exactly the way she was I'd go into beast mode, and I don't want that either. But I don't want to pussy out and keep making excuses for the duration of her stay either.

Ah fuck.
    I think the terms of the break up would factor a lot into this. Not that you need to share, but it would play a pivotal role in decision making imo.
    I like balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Send a friend who kinda sorta looks like you in place. See how long he can keep the gig up
    who, shaquielle oneal?
    Just watched an episode of true blood with my gf tonight. What is this shit? I saw 2 minutes of it once before. It's nothing but smut, terrible acting, and just retarded shit. How the fuck do people watch this?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    most people that I've encountered who watch it say "it was a lot better but went downhill fast." From the little bits I've seen (very little) it seems like it was mediocre at best, and for such a loyal fanbase to pretty much admit that it is now trash means they did indeed tank the show something awful.
    i took lsd the first time the other day. wow what an experience luhlz
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Just watched an episode of true blood with my gf tonight. What is this shit? I saw 2 minutes of it once before. It's nothing but smut, terrible acting, and just retarded shit. How the fuck do people watch this?
    Yeah, don`t get the vampire thing. Breaking Bad and The Killing, on the other hand, are sucking me in.
    ya, season 4 of BB is really starting to get going, I'm behind and ep, prob won't get to watch it for a few days... can't wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpwnt View Post
    i took lsd the first time the other day. wow what an experience luhlz
    share some cliff notes! lots of good stuff usually comes from it. i also found that trying to explain it in words make me remember a whole bunch of other stuff that i had forgotten. and i want to lols, been a long time for me.
    WHAT UP top 2 abs visible again

?wut
    So I went to the meet, and I managed to keep up my pokerface. Others were there, so it was impossible to sneak to somewhere to "remember the old times" privately. Thankfully, she isn't as banging now as I remember her being back in the late 90's/ early millennium. Apparently, I haven't changed (for better or worse).

The whole encounter went kinda boring, but more importantly I wasn't disappointed I let that one go/how things ended up. So in the perverse end, I guess I win
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    DAMN RIGHT YOU WIN!

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    WHAT UP top 2 abs visible again
    Were you slowly disappearing, Back-to-the-Future-style?

What do we need to do to get the other ones showing?
    Were you slowly disappearing, Back-to-the-Future-style?

What do we need to do to get the other ones showing?
    We need to get Tyson and Xianti to share their first kiss at the Fish under the Sea Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    We need to get Tyson and Xianti to share their first kiss at the Fish under the Sea Dance.
    at first I was like waitwat.jpg

but then I was like openmouthsmileguy.jpg
    A 5.8 earthquake is quite random
    Quote Originally Posted by kmind View Post
    Didn't feel it. I'm hard of feeling.
    Yeah, that was crazy. I heard it's epicenter was around Charlottesville so the version we got was probably more subtle than yours. But fuck, that scared the shit out of me for second.
    Last edited by DropTheBanana; 08-23-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    I like balls.
    I was on a conference call in my apartment when the building started shaking. I was like uh, hold on, I think a pipe burst again (recall the mid town explosion a few years back). Someone on the call was like "hold on, NYC earthquake is trending on twitter...that's where you live right?"

Good times.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    By "conference call in my apartment", you mean you set up your dolls and action figures tea party style, amirite?

Finger sammiches are yummy.

it's shit like this that just off me piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post

it's shit like this that just off me piss.
    Just respond with

"Geophysics + human socioeconomic behavior = ecological extinction event"
    Nah, monetize this. 100 bucks straight up says Jesus doesn't descend before 2013.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    THE WORLDS GONNA END IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

a perfect excuse for me to go full out hedonist

?wut
    I was trying to start a riot and looting earlier when there was a ton of confusion, but nobody else joined in.
    I like balls.
    I was trying to start a riot and looting earlier when there was a ton of confusion, but nobody else joined in.
    Where the fuck do you think you live? Britain?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I was on a conference call in my apartment when the building started shaking. I was like uh, hold on, I think a pipe burst again (recall the mid town explosion a few years back). Someone on the call was like "hold on, NYC earthquake is trending on twitter...that's where you live right?"

Good times.
    Man that's awful but I can't stop laughing.

Anyone feel any aftershocks? I was the only one in my house that did.

Banana - yeah where do you live? I thought you were a fellow Virginian. I'm in Richmond.
    bahaha @ mjf
    Banana - yeah where do you live? I thought you were a fellow Virginian. I'm in Richmond.
    Nah, I'm back in NC after living in FL for a few years after school.

I do have some family up around the Roanoke area and there is something about the way VA is run (can't quite put my finger on it) but I couldn't ever see myself living up there. No offense obviously.
    I like balls.
    None taken at all. I plan to move to NC in a few years.
    I tried to edit the Republican Party wiki page to "fuck the poor", but it didn't work
    I tried to edit the Republican Party wiki page to "fuck the poor", but it didn't work
    no double posting
    LOL OPERATIONS
    No offense obviously.
    BooG took offense but then he realized you said Virginian.
    I feel like I have a pretty good sense of being fair and unbiased, even when many or most other people would be influenced in situations with preconeived notions. This may have been influenced by being a former successful poker player. Being a negative sum game where say, 95% of players are long term losers, it's a tremendous advantage to be able to objectively analyze how you are playing even in the face of confounding variables like ego and tilt. It carries over to other situations as well, for example in the NFL threads over the years I have been critical of many of the Browns moves while defending other disliked franchises based on merits as opposed to emotions.

With all that being said, this is a politically unbiased post.

This post reminds me of a few points I have been meaning to make mostly in general, but you are a good example of them.

1. I think in general and the reason for the seemingly odd opening paragraph, most people are incapable of objectively analyzing situations that they are emotionally invested in. I've made this point in many situations, from being in 'love' to defending ones favorite sports team or political/religious affiliation and in the overwhelmingly large majority of cases, people will make passionate cases defending their positions. To be more direct, I think this applies to you as well. Very important: I've made the same argument to both overt liberals and conservatives and the point isn't in the idea but moreso in the thought process.

2. The political situation in the U.S. is ugly not necessarily because we are too liberal (as right wingers say) or too conservative (as left wingers say), but because there is generally such utter hatred and disagreement between the sides. Look no further than any of your own posts on politics. They are all pretty much condescending or insulting and the end message is always one of the following: the rich fuck us all, the poor are poor because of other people being assholes, women are all evil lying schemers and the current wealth distribution is the cause of all of our problems. Add in a plethora of swear words and condescending sexual descriptions for illustrative purposes.

3. Blunt observation: Most of the population doesn't give a shit about poor people. I suspect that there are evolutionary reasons for this, i.e. it seems generally prudent to befriend the rich and shun the poor, and this probably has some carry over to modern day politics. Repubs and its affiliates (FOX) take advantage of this to great effect; think about the connotation of the word 'handout'. The Demo counter seems to be attacking the rich and I'd argue based on the above that this is ineffective and I'd say that current favorable laws to the ultra rich demonstrate rather conclusively that I'm right. I would argue a more effective strategy for liberals would be to attack the lowest members of the right (lowest being loosely defined as what the average person might think), just like the right does to the left.

With that in mind, here is effective progoganda:

If you're a republican: queue up a video beggars, robbers, thugs etc

If you're a democrat: queue up a video of beer drinking trailer park trash beating their wife
    In lieu of making a longer post, I believe that your points 2 and 3 lead to a more generalized question. Do you believe that Democracy works in America? This question comes bundled with: Can democracy work, should democracy work, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    In lieu of making a longer post, I believe that your points 2 and 3 lead to a more generalized question. Do you believe that Democracy works in America? This question comes bundled with: Can democracy work, should democracy work, etc etc.
    I don't know
    Something I'm not sure about myself. It's one of the central pillars that America as an idea is built upon and I don't know that you can really assume that 'democracy works'.
    you know the commune is downswing when politics invades the randomness thread.

?wut
    true dat

I hereby give myself a 1 day ban from FTR, starting now.
    lol nope

you just know that bikes is expecting things other than politics in the randomness thread.
    +1
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post

1. I think in general and the reason for the seemingly odd opening paragraph, most people are incapable of objectively analyzing situations that they are emotionally invested in. I've made this point in many situations, from being in 'love' to defending ones favorite sports team or political/religious affiliation and in the overwhelmingly large majority of cases, people will make passionate cases defending their positions. To be more direct, I think this applies to you as well. Very important: I've made the same argument to both overt liberals and conservatives and the point isn't in the idea but moreso in the thought process.
    I like sometimes being abrasively matter-of-fact while at the same time adding facetiousness

Most people make the mistake of thinking we're dealing with opinion. We're not. Social sciences are science just as much as biology. It just so happens that exhaustive case work is very hard to make while ulterior motives are rampant

2. The political situation in the U.S. is ugly not necessarily because we are too liberal (as right wingers say) or too conservative (as left wingers say), but because there is generally such utter hatred and disagreement between the sides. Look no further than any of your own posts on politics. They are all pretty much condescending or insulting and the end message is always one of the following: the rich fuck us all, the poor are poor because of other people being assholes, women are all evil lying schemers and the current wealth distribution is the cause of all of our problems. Add in a plethora of swear words and condescending sexual descriptions for illustrative purposes.
    If that's how I'm interpreted, I may need to reform behavior. But again, this is a tough thing because almost everybody thinks we're dealing with opinions. We're not. When somebody claims 3+3= 14, I'm allowed to say that's wrong. When they espouse policy that assumes 3+3=14 and the indirect consequences of such poor accounting are suffering people, I should probably point that out

3. Blunt observation: Most of the population doesn't give a shit about poor people. I suspect that there are evolutionary reasons for this, i.e. it seems generally prudent to befriend the rich and shun the poor, and this probably has some carry over to modern day politics. Repubs and its affiliates (FOX) take advantage of this to great effect; think about the connotation of the word 'handout'. The Demo counter seems to be attacking the rich and I'd argue based on the above that this is ineffective and I'd say that current favorable laws to the ultra rich demonstrate rather conclusively that I'm right. I would argue a more effective strategy for liberals would be to attack the lowest members of the right (lowest being loosely defined as what the average person might think), just like the right does to the left.
    You're equating Dems and liberals. There are not that many liberals in the country. The national stage GOP is a wholly owned subsidiary of specific corporate interests, the Democrats are like a 85% owned subsidiary of specific corporate interests. Strong liberal representation in the Democratic Party is <5%

I'll leave it at that. Full explanations and understanding would require a lot of back and forth
    Just for the sake of being a dweeb, I'm now going to add other political wufisms of recent

Quote Originally Posted by wufwusocialist
    What part of "people who are much richer than you deserve to be much richer than you because they're better than you" do you not understand?
    I, for one, do not approve of pulling a rich man's dick out of a poor man's ass
    Word is that Canadian border security are absolute dickheads to Americans. Obviously because they don't want us to get second ideas about moving to their Rich People Are Not The Only People That Matter Utopia
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    The two main differences between US and other democracies are racial differences and economic wealth/position. Virtually all other differences are negligible IMO

Basically, my theory on why democracies work in places like Norway quite well but not in US is that US being at one time the economic monolith of the world gravitated more savvy and successful businesses. This made corporations more powerful here than other nations, and now we see cascading effects of that power

The other aspect is the strategic political aptness of racism. I've made the example before: that Norway has lots of great social programs because they're all Norwegians, and the subtle psychology of them all be Norwegians helps them care about their neighbors. If you're Norwegian and you see poor, down-trodden people, they're also Norwegian, and in your mind they're somewhat related to you and that could even be you. But in the US, the poor and down-trodden are mostly blacks and hispanics and immigrants. We have lost the subtle psychological benefits of nationality, patriotism, unification, etc. And we lack social programs that benefit everybody because it's easy to fight against them by making voters feel like they're subsidizing people that are of not their ilk.
    Yes that is a good point
    I dunno. If we're breaking from this 200 yr experiment, I'd like to break into something new. This seems like a small fix while ignoring what could be systemic weaknesses.

Maybe we could have a country where states could fail and the federal gov't is basically a united military to make sure states don't or can't wage war on each other. Something where innovation comes from a system which can iterate attempts at governance and has some forcing for quality. As it is right now, bringing in a PM would not resolve the problem of "who speaks for America" by any measure.

Probably takes more than 30 minutes of thinking on it, though.