Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

NL $25 vrs $50 vrs $100

Default NL $25 vrs $50 vrs $100

What are your guys thoughts about the higher table limits?
    Well, I'm sure you know this about me already but I prefer the 100NL over 25NL. I've only played 50NL a few times and it seemed like 25 with tighter people. To me, the 100NL players are more predictable, they won't chase and you can protect your hand better. Also, tricky plays seem to work more at the 100 than at the 25. The only thing is that 100NL has more rocks so you have to actually play the player instead of the cards.
    I don't know if I have the heart for the kind of variance NL $100 would have. I can't imagine how bad that day when AA, KK, QQ and AKs all got cracked would have been if it was around $100 a pop...
    I've played $25 and $50 I like $50 MUCH better than the $25..
    in the $50 there were a couple calling stations, and some good players. It made for a nice few tables.

I actually ended up on the $50 chasing a fish I had on my buddy list and couldn't catch my fish but darned if I didn't catch some others.. too bad a better fisher caught me
    Yup, there's pretty wild swings with 100NL. I lost $200 yesterday in about an hour. Luckily, I stopped myself because that kind of thing can really put your game on tilt. Today I managed to make back about $50 of it.
    So tough to earn, so easy to lose..
    I'd be interested to hear any other opinions about $50 and $100 NL tables. I'm thinking of venturing that way, but I feel pretty comfortable and am doing well at the $25 NL.