Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

middle set 4bet pot

Default middle set 4bet pot

WPN No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - WPN Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($29.52) VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 0.9, Hands: 475
    SB ($31.95) VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 10, AF: 1.5, Hands: 213
    Hero (BB) ($43.69)
    UTG ($30.37) VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 1.9, Hands: 1788
    MP ($23.98) VPIP: 24, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 1.7, Hands: 213
    CO ($25) VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.6, Hands: 941

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
    3 folds, Button raises $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $2, Button raises $4.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($10.60) K, 3, 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($10.60) 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $7, Button raises $14, Hero raises $31.44 (All-In), Button calls $10.27 (All-In)

villain stats: 4B=28.6% , BTN steal = 31%, vs resteal = fold =60%, call = 0% , raise (4B) =50%,
    flop cbet = 21%,
    Last edited by acg123; 02-12-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    I'm curious what your stat line looks like.
    He gives an impressive 110% vs Resteal ..must be a footballer

[P] What were you thinking?
    Resteal and then a marginal set-mining? He's got a full 15% of all hands here if I read your stats right (though your sample is too small to really say it's more than 5% [guesstimate] with confidence)

[F] X/R or X/C?
    Not sure it would have been bad to 'donk' this: you showed plenty of aggression [P] and it might actually look like a steal. You're not getting paid anyway if he has nothing and his CBet 21% is pretty low to automatically check at. Plenty of time to get the stack in though and it's not a scary flop so giving him another card is fine anyway.
    I'm guessing his check is either KK or weak at this point.

[T] Bet's good. He could have 44, JJ+ or even FlDr when he raises so you pretty much have to go with it. He's getting 5:1 on the final $10 but you have a hard time folding if the flush hits so you'd rather get the money in now.

I'm gonna guess you posted this cos he had KK -if so you were unlucky.
    my stats for session were : 23/18 3b=9.4% , f23b=50%, 4b=0, resteal =19%, cbet=80%,

yeah I was restealing. hes opening 31%, I figured even if I get action im comfortable with 88 postflop as I don't expect this guy to get out of line and "soul read" us and spazz. when he 4b I thought TT+,AK,AQ so I called with intention of donk-folding any flop without a A,K or Q for like 1/2 pot. I cant imagine he is capable of bluff raising a T62 board with AK. once I hit a set I thought sweet now I can make money. then he tank checked and I was like fml he has KK. lol either way his range is wider than KK and I beat it all so I feel compelled to just GII and charge his non KK hands I guess.

side note*
    just got it in 220BBs deep preflop AA vs. QQ guy flops quads..lmao running breakeven for 1800 hands then im down 4BIs in 3 hands.
    at the same time on another table I pick up KK in the SB and 3bet BTN who is calling like 60% 3bets OTB and BB shoves for 80BBs. sighhh he has AA. I decided to hang it up for the night, and before I could sit out all my tables lost AK vs AK to a runner flush AIPF. F..M..L.. lol still finished up 3 BIs for the day but still. aldjflajdfja;djlfageo!! lol sorry about the rant just have to vent it to people who know the frustrations.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Preflop is the main decision point, and I can go either way. Given someone with a high 4b % I would probably mostly 3b/5b jam this particular hand, and more likely include a few combos of AA/KK/QQ stuff in my 4b flatting range. 88 is much more vulnerable to being outflopped by some garbage K9o hand than QQ-AA ofcourse.

Given remaining stacks, b/jam is fine on turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Calling is probably more profitable pre given no one understands what a proper 4bet range should look like. Hint u aren't incentivized to jam for protection against a range lik a2-7 qq+

as for the turn just call raising doesn't accomplish much on this texture when he can still have some ridiculous spazz left to barrel river that folds turn and when u do call I'll mostly have kx so villain is still incentivized to valuebet slow play aa and good Kx on river
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    Calling is probably more profitable pre given no one understands what a proper 4bet range should look like. Hint u aren't incentivized to jam for protection against a range lik a2-7 qq+

as for the turn just call raising doesn't accomplish much on this texture when he can still have some ridiculous spazz left to barrel river that folds turn and when u do call I'll mostly have kx so villain is still incentivized to valuebet slow play aa and good Kx on river
    flat turn, call river to get max value?
    at the time I felt like checking river after calling might leave some money when he checks back river with hands we crush.

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying here.
    I don't see him folding Turn much with hands that would bet River and would rather make the flush draws V might be holding pay now as we're not likely to fold the River anyway.
    Villain Bluff Raises Turn with AQ is about the only thing I see folding Turn here.

Can you tell me where you disagree with what I posted earlier?:
    [T] Bet's good. He could have 44, JJ+ or even FlDr when he raises so you pretty much have to go with it. He's getting 5:1 on the final $10 but you have a hard time folding if the flush hits so you'd rather get the money in now.

bet fucking fold." Ong