Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

smells like...i genuinely dont know what to do

Default smells like...i genuinely dont know what to do

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB ($10.74)
    BB ($5.96)
    UTG ($2.45)
    MP ($2.69)
    Hero (CO) ($5.28)
    Button ($3.08)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
    2 folds, Hero raises $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 1 fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) 8, 4, 6 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07) 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.77, BB raises $1.84, Hero calls $1.07

River: ($4.75) 9 (2 players)
    BB bets $3.67 (All-In), Hero???

i think i should x/back this flop? that seems weak. and puts hero in weird spot OTT.

x/back turn seems ok, but should i x/b with intentions of calling any river? villain is 100+BBs which means is a decent opponent. (probably, ive seen 200BBs do some dumb shit so this is concrete)

calling the x/r seems to be where i made the biggest mistake, i think i need to b/f turn here. villain might have picked up a FD with a pair or had a pair and now has a FD. could have the nuts too iguess, turn sizing is large seems like villain is setting up stacks for a river shove. idk, what do you guys think?
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    I think turn is a b/f. River is probably a fold too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    bet flop bigger, bet-fold turn. List the hands you think he does this with.
    Any reads on villain?
    t's really hard to argue in a vacuum...
    Flop check wouldn't be good imo. Getting folds from random overs multiway isn't a bad thing and we can get plenty of value from draws and pair plus draws on this texture.

B/f turn and fold vs raise as played - you beat nothing but bluffs (which just doesn't happen often enough at 5nl in this spot) and you're drawing to 2 outs at best.

What's the thinking behind altering your bet size % on flop and turn? I'm nowhere near good enough to know if it's bad, but just interested to know why you did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post

What's the thinking behind altering your bet size % on flop and turn? I'm nowhere near good enough to know if it's bad, but just interested to know why you did it.
    this is a flop where im going to get x/r a lot when I cbet. villain will also be calling a lot with hands that have decent equity vs my exact hand. I guess I see it as saving 1BB on these super wet textures. villains flatting range from blinds is low-middling PPs and S.C.s which slam fukn bams this flop. I agree that checking back is going to be really bad those times he has broadways and Ax so betting is def. optimal. sizing I chose 1BB smaller than my standard because I think im saving money. I mean there are a lot of bad turn cards (like the one I got) that im uncomfortable with. it keeps the pot smaller as well, I don't want to bloat by firing full pot flop + turn and then like wtf when I get raised OTT or he donk jams on river. that's probably a really bad reason but I haven't had any advice in this exact spot so its been up to my gut so far. lol
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong