Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

288BBs deep eff. $5 6max Zone

Default 288BBs deep eff. $5 6max Zone

a hand from Zone play on bovada. if you don't know its all random with no names, tags, notes or anything like that.

$5NL 6max Zone

UTG $3.38
    MP $5.06
    CO $3.00
    BTN $14.42
    SB $5.35
    BB(Hero) $16.43

UTG limps , MP limps , BTN limps SB folds
    Hero has AhKh raises to .40
    UTG folds, MP calls, BTN calls
    Pot is $1.27
    Flop is Jh As 4c
    Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets .75
    hero calls, MP folds
    pot is $2.77
    Turn is 8h
    Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25 , hero calls
    pot is $7.27
    river 6h
    Hero has $10 behind effective stack
    hero tanks...shoves

i raised preflop because people aren't limping big hands, atleast i haven't seen any yet. the closest ive seen is a couple times someone flatting 3x with QQ IP. so you can rule out TT+,AK,AQ probably AJ too as BTN and MP would iso with those. so your left with SCs,Axs,and suited broadways and suited jacks. he prob. folds the weakest so his range on this flop is going to something i have dominated a lot i think so check raising flop just seems counter intuitive to me since we wont be getting called by worse. maybe AQ on the off chance he decided to flat but even that's far fetched. so i check call flop with that range in mind.
    on the turn though his betsizing tells me he has AJ,A4,44 or QThh,T9hh,35hh,25hh,9h7h,5h6h he has a hand worth protecting or a hand with enough equity that he wants to build a pot. i ruled out jacks because of limp pre, i said they flat not limp. i see isos with KJ,KT,QJ etc so JJ would def. have been raised pre. AA too. vs that range we have 46% on turn. 33% if he checks back T9hh,35hh,25hh,9h7h,5h6h

what do you think of my assessment? are my ranges close?
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Everything looks pretty decent here. I prefer a check on the flop because I'm not sure I want to build a huge pot, etc., but also because I feel like you get more money in against a weaker range by checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Everything looks pretty decent here. I prefer a check on the flop because I'm not sure I want to build a huge pot, etc., but also because I feel like you get more money in against a weaker range by checking.
    that was my thoughts too, were so deep I don't want to bet flop and get raised off the best hand. if i raise turn I think it turns my hand face up almost so that's out of the question too.he called on the river and showed a set of 4s, which from his pov is pretty sick I got runner runner. if I was villain I would of bet $1 on the flop and $3 on the turn. I also wouldnt limp behind with 44s either your not going to make enough when you do flop a set to balance the other times you have to fold.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong