Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

double suited KK OOP

Default double suited KK OOP

How to play them correctly?
    Can you post the 5 cards you had? It will help us give you a better answer.
    Hey there openface,

There is an easy way to post your cards for a hypothetical situation and have them show up with icons.

Simply type the Card Number or Letter, such as... K .... then enclose its suit within colons like this (except without any spaces) ... : spade :

Repeat this process and the cards will show up as....

K K K K etc... Remember not to put any spaces in between the Card Letters or Numbers, the colons, and the suits.

FWIW, I would play KKKK as follows... KK / KKx / none

Whether the extra card goes up top, in the middle or on the bottom would depend on what card it is imo. Any low card I would probably place up top. If the 5th Card is an Ace, I would definitely place it at the bottom.

If the situation you're posting involves a hand such as: K 8 K 3 and a random card, then my set would depend very much on what the non-King cards are.
    Last edited by dhubermex; 07-16-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    fwiw, in pineapple I'm almost always setting QQ/KK up top.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhubermex View Post

If the situation you're posting involves a hand such as: K 8 K 3 and a random card, then my set would depend very much on what the non-King cards are.
    Almost sure that's what he was talking about not quad kings.
    lol why would you split KKK, I think its always goes on the back and gives you tons of points
    Quote Originally Posted by openface View Post
    lol why would you split KKK, I think its always goes on the back and gives you tons of points
    I'd agree that trip Aces, Kings, or Queens should be set in back, but they aren't worth any points at all unless you improve to a boat or quads. They will do that fairly often, but the real strength of the play comes from the fact that trips in back can support 2 pair or smaller trips in the mid, which in turn supports an FL pair on top.

Furthermore, a strong case can be made for splitting quad Aces, Kings, or Queens since the difference in royalties (9 for AA on top, 8 for KK on top, 7 for QQ on top) isn't much compared to the 10 points for quads in back (1-3 points). For example, if you are dealt KKKK9, setting KK/KK/9 gives up 2 points in royalties, but gives you a very good chance at FL since you only need to make a hand that beats KK in back. And since a trip to FL is worth way more than 2 points on average, splitting the quads should be profitable over the long haul.
    Last edited by OneByPhi; 07-19-2014 at 01:47 AM.
    Wow, very interesting... I've never gotten quad Q's, K's, or A's - but it wouldn't have occurred to me to split them up... good stuff!