Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Discussion: Bankroll Management Spreadsheet

Default Discussion: Bankroll Management Spreadsheet

RE: http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...06.html#290826

We hope this excel tool helps people with bankroll management. Please let us know what you like and dislike about it.
    I really like it. Would you be able to provide a 'blank' copy of it for us? (I'm an Excel n00b and don't want to screw it up by deleting the wrong cells...)
    i left the stats in so you could see what it should look like.

all you have to do it put in your own session stats in rows 31 and 32. then select and delete all my sesssions, ie everything in columns B-V (same for cash, tourney and live). the only other thing you will have to do is reset all the deposits and cashouts to zero on the bankroll page, and youre ready to go.
    'If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness. '
    Very nice spreadsheet, thank you for making it available.

I look forward to using it
    the blank one isnt downloading.

just getting an Error404
    gabe: Ive dropped almost 100k in the past 35 days.

bigspenda73: But how much did you win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelion
    the blank one isnt downloading.

just getting an Error404
    Please try again. It looks like the blank one was renamed to
    http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com...ords-empty.xls

Sorry for the confusion.
    Hey, I just downloaded it and it looks very promising. However, I have one little issue. When you enter the data "Cash"-page, it also shows up on the "Summary"-page, but it doesn't change the numbers on the "Bankroll" -page. Is it supposed to be like this?

It would almost be TOO good if it changed the "Bankroll"-page, right?

Cheers!
    /Oscar
    the source data numbers as entered on the cash page will be read on both the summary and bankroll page. the summary page pulls data from the cash page via the month (ie, it is set to read the monthly tags, May 06, in this case)

the bankroll page pulls data from the cash page via the site names. if you have entered the site name differently from how it is set to read on the bankroll page, then it wont work.

check that first:

1. go to bankroll page. say you are playing at party poker. so click on cell E4
    2. cell E4 contains the formula which will gather the data. in the equation bar at the top of the spreadsheet, you can view the formula.
    3. in this case you will see:=SUMIF(Cash!H31:Cash!H9999,"Party Poker",Cash!U31:Cash!U9999)
    4. the quotations indicate the correct moniker, ie PartyspacePoker. This is what you will need to enter in column H of the cash page. If youve entered just Party, or PP or PartyPoker or anythign different, this is proably the reason you are having problems.

if this is not the case, and you still cant figure it out, PM me. i will give you my email, you can send me the spreadsheet, and id be glad to help you out with it one-on-one.

lmk.

sic
    'If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness. '
    Thank you so much! Brilliant work with this spread, I'm gonna recommend to it everyone I know.

I especially enjoyed the private e-mail support! :-]
    I just started poking around with your Bankroll tracker. Wow you did a great job on that spreadsheet!
    One minor suggestion. Can you add a column for number of hands played per session, and have it extrapolate a BB/100? BB/100 is how most online players keep their stats since BB/hr can vary widely due to the ability to multi-table. Otherwise that thing is incredible, Cheers!
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    i do factor for multitabling. column L on the cash page is where you enter the number of tables played. the subsequent formulas on the summary page compute all figues in big blinds per hour per table. beyond that, and separating longhand from shorthand, i really have no way to refine it further; ie i could only produce BB/100 by rough estimation, which would be worse than what i currently have.

that said, if anyone can suggest a way to incorporate it, my ears are open.
    First, let me just say that the spreadsheet looks terrific. I’m using the empty one and I noticed that when I enter my tournament winnings on the tournament page, it doesn’t transfer those winnings into my bankroll for that particular site.

I don’t use spreadsheets, so I don’t know if it would do that or not, but thought it would be cool if it did. Am I doing something wrong, or do I still have to enter my tournament winnings into my bankroll manually? Thanks
    Hello?

I figured it out... copy & paste works wonders. Thanks anyway.
    Hi I aint got a clue about spreadsheets and am having trouble getting the correct formula in the tournament section so it shows up on the bankroll page.

anyone tell me what formula to put where so it updates the bankroll page too? cheers all help appreciated.

I play sit &go's so its just the tourney page i need.

fantastic spreadsheet though...

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_Hero
    Hi I aint got a clue about spreadsheets and am having trouble getting the correct formula in the tournament section so it shows up on the bankroll page.

anyone tell me what formula to put where so it updates the bankroll page too? cheers all help appreciated.

I play sit &go's so its just the tourney page i need.

fantastic spreadsheet though...

cheers
    Remember it is a pre-fabricated spreadsheet, so you will have to enter the data that is pertinent to you.

IE: Go over each CELL that has a function. You will see something like this:
    =SUMIF(Cash!H31:Cash!H1029,"Party Poker",Cash!N31:Cash!N1029)+SUMIF(Tournament!H31:Tourna ment!H1029,"Party Poker",Tournament!U31:Tournament!U1029)

If you Play at NordicBet (example), make sure you inesrt NordicBet where Party Poker is.

Also, if you add rows, make sure the ranges coincide.

Ie: SUMIF(Cash!H31:Cash!H1029,"Party Poker",Cash!N31:Cash!N1029)+SUMIF(Tournament!H31:Tournament!H1029,"Party Poker",Tournament!U31:Tournament!U1029

So if you start inputing your data at cell N29 & U29, it won't add it up on the bankroll page.
    cheers spud. got it now.

Hi folks,
    Great spreadsheet - appreciate the effort that has gone into it

Quick question if I may - could i get an explanation of what the values on Tournament page G34, G35, G36 etc represent please ? (values like 0.5, 1.0 etc)

I'm probly a dill, but sobeit

thanks in advance

Oink !
    Oops nevermind

Figured it out ... time played ...

Oink !
    What is the X-Axis on the graph in the tournament worksheet? Right now I want to adjust it because it seems like I am zoomed to far out and I want to know what I am changing before I change it.
    anyway to use this without having microsoft excel?
    Hi folks,

Looking for some help from somebody who uses this ... and is probly an Excel forumlae expert

Would like to insert a formula on the Tournament page under column "Q" for representing MTT Final Tables as a percentage

I guess it has to say -
    1. Where column "K" is greater than 10
    2. AND column "O" is less than or equal to 10
    3. Express cell "Q4" as a percentage of all tournaments that meet points 1 and 2

perhaps there is somebody out there that uses this great spreadsheet who already has this set up

help appreciated

Cheers,
    Oink !
    Quote Originally Posted by shysti
    anyway to use this without having microsoft excel?
    yes there are a couple free programs out there.
    year old bump.

Nobody seems to know about this yet its really good.

Thanks X and whoever designed it.

Default Use epassporte instead of netteller

Hi,

I'm going to try and use this program for the new year and track my poker bankroll. Been terrible tracking my poker spending the last few years. I was wondering though if there is a way to use Epassporte instead of netteller for that link 16 and hyper link it some how instead.

Thanks for any help
    I just found this spreadsheet and I am very impressed. I've tweaked a couple of things to suit my needs but overall this looks like a fantastic way to manage ones bankroll.

I know this thread is old but thank you and well done to the creators!

Default Re: Use epassporte instead of netteller

Quote Originally Posted by SGTChuck
    Hi,

I'm going to try and use this program for the new year and track my poker bankroll. Been terrible tracking my poker spending the last few years. I was wondering though if there is a way to use Epassporte instead of netteller for that link 16 and hyper link it some how instead.

Thanks for any help
    SGTChuck,

This is an easy fix as I just did it. There are three things you need to do...

1) Hover over the NETTeller link. Right click and select edit hyperlink. From here, just change the URL to epassporte's website and hit OK.

2) Hover your mouse in the NETTeller box but so you see the white plus sign (+) instead of the pointer finger. When you see the white cross, double click and change the name to 'EPassporte'. Hit enter.

3) Beneath the account charts but above the pie graphs there is a graphic icon that says 'NETTeller'. There are also graphics that read Live and Online. Hover over the NETTeller and right click. Scroll down to 'Select data' and left click. Select NETTeller and then click the Edit button. Under 'Series Name' change it from NETTeller to EPassporte, without disturbing the rest of it. Click OK, and then Ok again.

Now you are set! Sorry for all of the detail but I am not sure how Excel savvy you are. Hope that helps!

Default Question regarding Rakeback & Cake Poker

Ok,
    My first question is regarding Rakeback......How should one go about keeping track of ur rakeback each month
    Second question is regarding poker rooms I do not use. Is there any way to delete them or just leave them in there since really they are not hurting anything. Also I use Cake poker and is it ok if I just put it in "Empires" spot since I do not use that site?
    Anychance of a walk through in being able to increase the graphs' data? I've already gone through the 32 games in the cash tab and would hate to leave it at just those first games.
    Hello,

Very good spreadsheat You've done a great job !!

Just a question :

In the Tournament page What is in "English" the PERCENTILE ?
    Not sure to understand this formula : Percentile=100-((Rank*100)/(#entries+1))

I'd understand if it was #Rank*100/#entries but here....

Is it a real percentile (like quantile), some explanation would be great

Thanks a ton
    Squalito
    (sorry for my english)
    I am really dying to see this spreadsheet, but I don't have Excel. Most computers come with Microsoft WORKS these days and not WORD, unfortunately. The two formats are not compatible. Is there a way to get this in WORKS?
    Quote Originally Posted by tkisme
    I am really dying to see this spreadsheet, but I don't have Excel. Most computers come with Microsoft WORKS these days and not WORD, unfortunately. The two formats are not compatible. Is there a way to get this in WORKS?
    Im not shure if you firgured something out by now if not,their are other excell programs that you can use out their that will allow you to use this spreadsheet, one that seem to work ok on most spreedsheets that you will find: OpenOffice . org
    My screen size is set to its max and that is 1024x768. However, that's still not enough to see the application (it will not scroll to the right). What can I do?

**Update**
    If you're using a screen with the above resolution or smaller, you may not be able to view the entire spreadsheet. To fix this (in Excel 2007), simply "Unfreeze" panes by going to View>Windows>Freeze Panes>Unfreeze Panes

Default Re: Discussion: Bankroll Management Spreadsheet

Hi Eric, just downloaded the spreadsheet and it looks great. Is there a list of what information should be entered in each field of the tourney section? Or a way to see the field title by hovering or clicking somewhere on the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
    Hello, I just found the spreadsheet and love it. May save me from having to create one of my own or even a database tool.

Is there a way to remove the Neteller functionality? Being a US player this is not an option anymore.

Do you have any plans to change this in a future version?

Thanks
    Nice, you saved me some time.