Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2nl 66 in sb vs unknown

Default 2nl 66 in sb vs unknown

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $2.00 (VPIP: 29.07, PFR: 24.71, 3Bet Preflop: 6.45, Hands: 89)
    CO: $2.00 (VPIP: 32.26, PFR: 22.58, 3Bet Preflop: 22.22, Hands: 32)
    BTN: $2.19 (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 14)
    Hero (SB): $2.07
    BB: $2.27 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
    UTG: $2.00 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 6 6

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.14, 2 players) 4 5 Q
    Hero checks, UTG bets $0.07, Hero raises to $0.28, UTG calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) K
    Hero

i dont know if i was trying to get stupid and fancy here, but im pretty sure i made a bad play,

first villain is unknown, when he cbet i was thinking this was a dry board that prob missed his range . so i decided to raise OTF, when he calls im pretty much done with hand.

turn Kd then i was thinking i should fire here. what do you guys think? just c/f?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Yeah just c/f this. Your raise is huge considering there are very few draws.

You really don't need to be making these kind of bluffs at 2nl. Semi-bluffs and cbets are different, but stone cold bluffs of this nature is setting fire to money.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Yeah just c/f this. Your raise is huge considering there are very few draws.

You really don't need to be making these kind of bluffs at 2nl. Semi-bluffs and cbets are different, but stone cold bluffs of this nature is setting fire to money.
    yeah, i was thinking thr same, i have been doing good w/ semi-bluffs and cbet also
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    when he cbet i was thinking this was a dry board that prob missed his range .
    What is his range? Let's give him AT+ JTs+ KQ 77+

here's the hands that miss..
    16 combos of AT/ATs
    16 combos of AJ/AJs
    16 combos of AK/AKs
    4 combos of JTs
    4 combos of KJs
    4 combos of KTs

That's 60 combos

Here's what beats us...
    12 combos of AQ/AQs
    12 combos of KQ/KQs
    3 combos of QJs
    3 combos of QTs
    6 combos of AA
    6 combos of KK
    3 combos of QQ
    6 combos of JJ
    6 combos of TT
    6 combos of 99
    6 combos of 88
    6 combos of 77

That's 75 combos

Of the 75 combos, 45 hit top pair or better, while 30 might fold to a raise (the 77-JJ part). This depends though. I mean it's 2nl, people don't fold so easily. Also, if he's not the kind of person to get married to JJ on Qxx, there's also a reasonable chance he can hand read sufficiently enough to realise that you don't actually have many value combos in your raising range, compared to bluffs.

A skilled player is likely to put you on a hand like A2s, A3s, 67s or 45s, rather than a set, or top pair. A bad player isn't making enough folds for us to have bluff value here.

Calling is probably a viable option, considering how much of his range does miss, and stops betting, but we hate most turns and rivers. I prefer folding, but I could get on with a call, with intent to give up to more pressure. I think raising requires villain to be good enough to fold underpairs, while bad enough to not smell shit. It's a big ask vs an unknown at 2nl.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-27-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    I did those combos wrong, because I'm not accounting for the blocker on the flop. I've fixed it, I think.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-27-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    i gotta get back into doing combos such, whats the easiest guide for me to use for ev calcs and combo math stuff
    Read this stuff from spoonitnow...

http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-s...inations-19582
    ongies gonna ong
    Don't get fancy vs strong ranges! (ie: UTG ranges or vs nits)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks

Default ok

Yeah thanks guys.

You know I've been playing 2nl for a little less than 2 weeks now. I'm +8bi s and playing pretty well for the most part.

I've been going through spoons lessons and brushing up on a lot things. I got the free trial of poker snowie , which is wicked. I wish they gave you more than 10 days cause i really can't afford it right now .

I've nbeen very surprised of the lack of total all out fish at 2nl on acr. Don't get me wrong. They're there, but not like i thought they're would be. There are a lot of players ruining like 32/27/9 like area, I've been able to exploit their post flop game pretty easily. I've only ran into one opponent who is actually hand reading decently and playing well. So i guess 2nl is shaping upto be what i expected. I'm glad i started here right at the bottom though. Mygame needs a lot of work. I have a bunch of hands i need to get posted. I think I'll be putting some up tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldPhaser View Post
    Yeah thanks guys.

You know I've been playing 2nl for a little less than 2 weeks now. I'm +8bi s and playing pretty well for the most part.

I've been going through spoons lessons and brushing up on a lot things. I got the free trial of poker snowie , which is wicked. I wish they gave you more than 10 days cause i really can't afford it right now .

I've nbeen very surprised of the lack of total all out fish at 2nl on acr. Don't get me wrong. They're there, but not like i thought they're would be. There are a lot of players ruining like 32/27/9 like area, I've been able to exploit their post flop game pretty easily. I've only ran into one opponent who is actually hand reading decently and playing well. So i guess 2nl is shaping upto be what i expected. I'm glad i started here right at the bottom though. Mygame needs a lot of work. I have a bunch of hands i need to get posted. I think I'll be putting some up tonight
    Good luck man, keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks