Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Gotta thank many FTR regulars, ripp, fish, jim, and more

Default Gotta thank many FTR regulars, ripp, fish, jim, and more

A small sample, but i started playing Stars $5 SnG. I participated in 10 SnGs and finished in the money 8 times. 4 first, 2 second, 2 third.
    I owe it all to ripptyde, jmrogers, fishstick, thenatural, and michael1123. I really gotta thank jim and fish for suggesting Stars SnG. For a while there, i really dug a hole for myself, it was mostly mental. Jim and fish both suggested that i might be feeling uncomfortable starting with 800chips at PP.
    If not for those suggestions, i'd still be losing plenty at PP.
    I should also thank natural and michael for their advices, thanks a bunch.
    And ripp, thanks for the lessons man. I was bitchin about my SnG finishes so much i think even my biggest enemy would have felt bad for me.
    I don't know how ripp does at ring games, but he could flat out fuckin play the tourneys.
    I'll be moving up to the $10 SnGs from tonight, that is.. if i can stay awake. At this rate, playing poker for so many hours... i don't know what would happen to my crappy business LOL.
    Anyways guys, I really, for realz, i really appreciate all your help.

Default Re: Gotta thank many FTR regulars, ripp, fish, jim, and more

Quote Originally Posted by JJgoneMAD
    A small sample, but i started playing Stars $5 SnG. I participated in 10 SnGs and finished in the money 8 times. 4 first, 2 second, 2 third.
    I owe it all to ...fishstick...
    glad to help jj. i'm impressed with your SNG play!

so, did you want to get me my 15% "advisor's fee" by check or credit card?
    i hate what i have become to escape what i hated being...
    Nice work rebounding after the tough start on PP! Yeah, I just can't get comfortable with the 800 starting chips for whatever reason and I doubted that I was the only one.

Oh and don't pay fishstick any mind with regard that 15% advisor's fee. He tends to ramble on quite a bit. You know how those old guys get!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    Aww man. I feel left out. Where's the love?

Big Lick
    Quote Originally Posted by jmrogers7
    Nice work rebounding after the tough start on PP! Yeah, I just can't get comfortable with the 800 starting chips for whatever reason and I doubted that I was the only one.

Oh and don't pay fishstick any mind with regard that 15% advisor's fee. He tends to ramble on quite a bit. You know how those old guys get!
    don't make me come to ohio, 'cause i will! you're lucky i've the ftr tourney tomorrow, or i'd be delivering a can of whop-ass to ohio! :P

regarding the PP SNG 800 starting chips, i really don't like it either, but party is where i get my best results.

so, do i do better at party because of the accelerated format, or because of the typical party player?

keep up the good play, jj.

Quote Originally Posted by fishstick

Hey fishstick, I talk to JJ and he said just go ahead and post your bank account number and password on NetTeller and we'll get the money transferred right away. :P
    "Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art..."

Quote Originally Posted by heatman

Hey fishstick, I talk to JJ and he said just go ahead and post your bank account number and password on NetTeller and we'll get the money transferred right away. :P
    i'm sorry but that's a clear violation of section 3.32 of policy 16 over here at Fishstick Enterprises.

now, if we could just get your social security number...

don't make me come to ohio, 'cause i will! you're lucky i've the ftr tourney tomorrow, or i'd be delivering a can of whop-ass to ohio! :P

regarding the PP SNG 800 starting chips, i really don't like it either, but party is where i get my best results.

so, do i do better at party because of the accelerated format, or because of the typical party player?

BRING IT OOOOOOOON, FISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Well, at least wait until after next week when my sons won't be around anymore. I'd hate to have to have them see me take down someone almost twice my senior!!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun

Well, at least wait until after next week when my sons won't be around anymore. I'd hate to have to have them see me take down someone almost twice my senior!!

Okay folks, Step right up and place youe bets. It's the Battle in the Buckeye State.

Jimmy the Greek has jmrogers as the early 6 to 1 favorite. 3 to 1 if Fishy wears a thong to the fight.

Big Lick
    Quote Originally Posted by FyrFytr998
    Okay folks, Step right up and place youe bets. It's the Battle in the Buckeye State.

Jimmy the Greek has jmrogers as the early 6 to 1 favorite. 3 to 1 if Fishy wears a thong to the fight.
    If he wears the thong then I think the odds swing to 3:1 in his favor due to the fact that I would be fighting blind!

jm's sons to the police officer: "mr policeman, can you help our daddy."

police officer:"why, what's wrong boys?"

jm's sons: "that mean man from kalifornia with the gray hair is beating up our daddy!"

ahh yeah, it's good to be back to fighting with jm! good times.
    ahh yeah, it's good to be back to fighting with jm! good times.
    Good times indeed! 8-)
    Yo fish? What are you takling about? I thought we already settled that at 10%? Let's see 5% more... alright, you got it. Like heatman's been sayin, just post your bank account number and password on NetTeller and we'll get the money transferred right away.
    By the way guys, i'm still doing good at SnGs. After moving to the $10 SnG, my winning percentage has dipped a bit, but i'm still doing pretty good. All thanks to you guys. I can't believe i made FyrFytr998 miss on my bitchin, he's our flush member after all. He should have gotten some of my bitchin, maybe with his advice i'm in the money 100%
    Today though, my winning streak at ring games finally ended. Saw roughly about 100 hands and i kept on getting rags. I play pretty loose, but man... the cards that i was being dealt.. and i made top pair on the board only once. Even the rags that i folded never turned into anything. So i tilted and lost a little, but i was able to let go after $100 down.
    Thinking of giving PP SnG a try again, i feel like a loser for giving up at PP.
    Thanks again guys.

Don't worry jmrogers I got your back..

Us Ohioians gotta stick together

If he shows up on your door step just call.. I'm sitting on the button ready to move all in on him
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4066

Don't worry jmrogers I got your back..

Us Ohioians gotta stick together

If he shows up on your door step just call.. I'm sitting on the button ready to move all in on him
    hmmm, last time i was going to ohio to fight with jm, mike couldn't get me his address quick enough.

oh yeah, jm, rest easy, mike's got your back...