Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, K
    Hero raises $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62) J, 3, 6 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, 1 fold, BB calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.52) Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises $3.95 (All-In), Hero calls $2.85

River: ($9.42) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $9.42

should I be checking back this turn? or bet-folding? or fine as played? its a tricky spot for me as it doesn't come up often and I don't have specific reads on villain.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    I don't know if I like betting the flop for a start. If we are betting the turn I think we have to be folding to villains shove.
    b/f turn for sure.

Flop cbet is surely fine, we have two backdoor draws with overs. I'd probably go a little smaller though seeing as flop is dry as fuck.

*edit - I assumed we were HU at flop, but we're 3handed. Just c/f flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Rambling from a sometimes profitable player*

With no read possible I concur on Checking the flop: too likely one of them hit or you were behind to start with and they'll float.
    A call is not inconceivable if one of them folds but not a good idea either (unless bet is very small).

I you want to bet the Turn once you get there because you improved but then you have to fold: don't pay off the set that's almost certainly there (unless it's AA/KK or 2pair). Even though the Q weakens many hands in BB's range, he may well have 'floated' the flop or just been strong.
    Your Flop CB already represented most of the strength you've now actually got -that doesn't mean you're ahead.
    He could be making a move with a flush draw but the calling range here is 2Pair+ if that (maybe flush&straight draw if you check the numbers): he'll lose to excessive calling from other people if he does bluff here and I'm confident that not enough people will make that move for you to call against the pool (someone else could maybe work out what you call with if you assume they do make that bluff).

Checking behind on the Turn is much better though as a little pot control is welcome and he doesn't know you aren't checking back a monster to keep him in so he can't read it as definitely weak. He also won't want to bet so hard if he is strong as he doesn't know what you will call.
    Pot's already big for the stakes and you aren't terribly strong.

The AI isn't terribly big here. 2.3 : 1 may well look tempting but I reckon he has you beat 9/10 and drawing dead about 3/4

The card that doesn't matter here is the River. The opponent's cards are what tell you about his range for next time (though playing anon it won't help you very much each time).

BB's Range
    [P] I think his flat calling range here is dominated by small-mid pairs.
    [F] Set here may well check-call expecting the Cb and not wanting to scare away TP or air. He could have 45 or AJ maybe AQ -occasional madness that hit 2 pair. He may also have a medium PP that he calls with being a fish.
    [T] Hoping you have TP or T2P or will pursue your XJ. Then he reckons you're hooked and also doesn't want to get outdrawn or lose your money if you don't like the River and fold.
    The 45 folds to your bet (unless 45d) which might be nice to eliminate the risk but his.
    The medium PP you could make money off here but it's not very likely and if he's that much of a fish (unlikely) there'll be a much better spot.

I think he had a set.

HU on flop CBet is indeed fine but I'd still check the Turn (more precisely I think you should check the turn ..I hope my considered advice is better than my play as the reverse would not bode well for improvement)
    * I think my profitability per session has more to do with how tired I am than luck (the specific application of variance).
    I don't think it's a good spot to check back on the turn, but it's a good spot to b/f. You're crushed here. This is the bottom of your UTG range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Your cbet on the flop is too big, and on the turn also. If you make it of 50% of the pot instead of 75% you will be saving that 25%, because it will have the same effect, and on the flop you want to take the pot. And thus, if he calls, the pot will be more controled, you have to take advantage of your position. Villians going to have sets, doubles like JQ, AQ maybe, but I think your are beaten
    Let me just agree with everyone that this is a pretty easy turn b/f. He has all kinds of combos that beat you and make sense on every street: JJ, 33, 66, AQcc, QJs. I can really only come up with AKdd, AJdd, and maybe JTdd as hands that you beat that he might play this way. You've shown strength on 3 streets.

I also think I would c/f the flop given 2 players and no reads. But, if I was going to bet, I would go .35. As matiusaa says, it will have the same effect. On that flop, no one is thinking "gee..I'd have called .35, but I better toss my hand for the extra dime." And, with that dry flop, you aren't worrying about pricing the draws. I know that 2 bb's may seem trivial when the bigger decision involved 57 bb's, but think about how many times in a session you have the opportunity to cbet. Poor cbet sizing really adds up quickly.

Also, it's not just the flop. Let's say you do cbet .35 and get called. The pot on the turn is now $1.32. A reasonable bet, which we all agree you should do, is about .80...give or take. The board now has some draws and a slightly larger % bet is warranted. Now, think about the hand. Assuming you fold, you have saved 8bb's by pot controlling a little better. That really adds up over the course of a session.
    The turn is a clear bet/fold.

I don't think that c-betting the flop is a good play here into two players in these games regardless of the backdoor draws.
    I don't cbet this flop OOP, either. KQs is actually marginal to even open UTG, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSlickBaby View Post
    I don't cbet this flop OOP, either. KQs is actually marginal to even open UTG, no?
    6max, as standard, I'd be opening KQo utg, but my default line for top pair is b/f.
    ongies gonna ong
    Opening KQ is fine 6max, c-betting as the agressor is OK as well.
    On the turn you got showdown value, so you might consider checking back. I am betting this in general. Bets should be smaller OTF and OTT, then the fold is easier when villain shoves.

This all is valid if playing against unknown. Reconsider in forum games for example, if villain knows you are folding TP good kicker, you become exploitable.
    I need to work on folding..lol for some reason I hate folding once I put money in the pot.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    I think generally, b/c with top pair is a huge leak.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I think generally, b/c with top pair is a huge leak.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold.
    I tried this often.
    Just can't find the "fucking" button on Stars...
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

bet fucking fold.
    that's going to be my new signature.

bet fucking fold." Ong