Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

middle set on super dry flop

Default middle set on super dry flop

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB ($1.63)
    BB ($3.08)
    UTG ($4.50)
    MP ($8.29)
    Hero (CO) ($9.32)
    Button ($4.41)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8
    UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.40, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.27) 2, A, 8 (3 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($1.27) 7 (3 players)
    UTG bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55, 1 fold

River: ($2.37) J (2 players)
    UTG bets $1.37, Hero raises $8.37 (All-In), UTG calls $2.18 (All-In)

i check flop hoping to induce action from much worse.
    which in hindsight i cbet this board with air so i should be betting here really.

OTT
    completes the rainbow and puts 2 straight draws and possible two pair, (A7,67) villain bets just over half pot so it looks pretty weak imo, i assume his range is fairly weak here, maybe 2nd villain behind will pop it if i flat call. * 1 fold * nope.

OTR
    villain has upped his sizing although no straight draws came so i assume his range is going to be 2 pair + or total air just taking one last stab. he S-N-A-P called me.

bad play? just bet flop right? or atleast raise turn?
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Definitely bet the flop, plenty of Ax is calling and we can't expect people to be folding everything but Ax and sets. Just make your sizing smaller imo.

55c is just under half pot, not over. I like calling here. We have no reason to assume his range is strong and will want to carry on playing and we beat everything villain is likely to have anyway.

River is fine, sorry he had T9.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Definitely bet the flop, plenty of Ax is calling and we can't expect people to be folding everything but Ax and sets. Just make your sizing smaller imo.
    This.

Top of your range with plenty of 2nd best hands that will call.
    It's not like you flopped top set on A82 rainbow, and have the deck crippled and really can't expect a call.
    Same as above, bet flop all day. You will be betting all your Ax here and so many bluffs, so no need to check 888.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Why are we ISO raising at x8? It's great that this table is fishy enough to be calling such raises, but I'm not overly comfortable playing big pots with this hand most of the time. If the table is really bad, then I'm just gonna limp my small pairs, along with suited connectors, while saving the x8 opens for big hands. I feel like this raise is going to put us in awkward spots more often than not, making larger than necessary cbets, or perhaps making weak flop c/f's, or fishy c/c's. I feel it's inflating the pot without a good reason for doing so.

Flop is a really easy bet based on the fact that both these guys should be assumed fish, and are not folding an ace. Maybe they both have an ace. I'll only check this flop against these guys if I'm near 100% sure button will bet, because that then effectively puts us in optimal flop position.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    general consensus is bet. thanks fellers.

I iso 8x because I get calls pre, and tons of folds postflop. there is no table dynamic for me to open limp, its anon. zoom so without the initiative your basically set mining. im comfortable playing a bigger pot with this hand. I basically play a range in this manner and not just mid pps.
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong