Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default From Last to Second

I had a lot of fun in last nights Gauntlet. Definitely a better showing than my first one the other week. If it wasn't for that damn J on the turn in the last hand I would have had the chip lead. Ah well.

Congrats to Luckie for the win.

And Tracey, you know I was just kidding with you, right?

RS

Default Re: From Last to Second

Quote Originally Posted by RotterSod
    I had a lot of fun in last nights Gauntlet. Definitely a better showing than my first one the other week. If it wasn't for that damn J on the turn in the last hand I would have had the chip lead. Ah well.

RS
    Yeah, you played quite well the other night. I'll admit that sometimes I get a little carried away with my blind steals, but you had the fear in me not to mess for the most part, since you were sitting 2 to my left for a good part of the tournament.

And for the record, all the money went in preflop on the last hand when I had AJ and you had Q6.

RS[/quote]And for the record, all the money went in preflop on the last hand when I had AJ and you had Q6. [/quote]

Correct, but I hit a 6 on the flop, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie
    Quote Originally Posted by RotterSod

RS
    Yeah, you played quite well the other night. I'll admit that sometimes I get a little carried away with my blind steals, but you had the fear in me not to mess for the most part, since you were sitting 2 to my left for a good part of the tournament.

And for the record, all the money went in preflop on the last hand when I had AJ and you had Q6.
    Yup, you definitely were doing your share (plus 2 others worth) of blind steals. It took me a little while to catch on since you seemed to start doing that a bit earlier than I expected so I decided to lay back a bit and see if I could catch you and take some large pots. Sometimes I play more aggressively but this time I decided to see what you were up to.

I was kind of surprised at some of the comments from others about a few of the hands I called AI late in the tourney. They seemed to think calling AI with a KT and A90 6 handed with good position wasn't right. I've played lots of tournaments - both online and B&M - and this was the first time anyone's ever said that. I don't agree with their thinking.
    I wouldn't be too worried about what other people think.. as long as you are making the right play. ie I remember calling an AI with J7o out of the BB when I was getting about 3:2. Granted the other guy flipped over AJ and doubled up, I still think it was the right move. I only gave 1 bad beat the entire game if I remember correctly.. A8 over AT AI preflop against tracy.. who was shortstacked.. and I rivered my 8. Absolutely Brutal.