Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Next Level or more tables?

Default Next Level or more tables?

Currently I 4-5 table on FT at the 5.50s. I am doing much better than I could ever imagine (thanks to all of you). I recently have tried to 6 table and I also tried moving up a level (not at the same time). Both with B/E results. Both very small samples.

When I tried 6 tables, I felt uneasy, maybe rushed is the word I am looking for. Nevertheless I felt like I didn't have the time I needed to think. (hell some of you are doing 18,I ought to be able to do a measley 6 right).

When I moved up to 11's it sure felt like the players were much better. However, I was comfortable with my decision making. Sample size very, very small.

So my question to all of you - get comfortable with more tables or move up.

Thanks in advance.
    I would be more concerned with quality of play than quantity right now. Eventually you of course want to move up and add tables but for now I would move up and later once you feel comfortable there either add some tables there, mix stakes, or drop back to 5.50s and work on multitabling.

What games are you playing 6max/9max etc?
    Hey Dneureiter, thanks for response. I play strictly 9max, no 6, no turbo, no cash. This simple mind is easily confused and I see no need complicate matters at this stage of the learning curve.

Your right, I still have confusion in the ICM area, and I need to figure out how HUD does anything more then make a mess of my monitor in tourney play. In clearing these issues up I certainly don't need to be looking at more tables.

The ICM thing, the concept is sinking in, but I don't think I'll ever be able to justify pushing 9 3o into BB from SB (see Nakamura's post SB shoves). I can't help but think that 3 betting would accomplish the same thing. Even waiting for a better time seems more profitable. But you can't argue with the math. That's a thread I will start when I get home to hard on this phone.
    At any rate when I get home today I am going to dabbled in the 11's and 3 or 4 table. Wish me decent cards (I don't care for luck) and I'll keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverMonster View Post
    Nevertheless I felt like I didn't have the time I needed to think.
    The secret is in not thinking . Seriously, most decisions are made on auto-pilot. Very rarely do I need to pause and think for more than a couple of seconds. Sure I make mistakes, but I could play 6 tables at 10% or 18 at 7%. One is more profitable.
    Yes after reading your response, I realized that when 4 tabling I am in auto pilot. Anxiety level very low even when approaching ITM on all tables. It wasn't long ago that trying to manage 4 tables was a bitch. I think I just have to push myself out of the comfort zone until it becomes comfortable. If that makes any sense.
    Soon as I got home yesterday I 5 tabled 2 sets of 5.50s without much problem. Then I four tabled 2 5.50s and 2 11's. Busted out 4th and 5th on the 5.50s and took 1st and 3rd on the 11's. I'll take that all day long.