Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

Badass lovers - Game thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I knew one of gabe and rong was a wolf I was leaning more towards rong for his quick vote. Gg guys.

I still have a perfect record for this year.
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.
    Wow...

Honest Q:

How might you suggest I play differently in an effort towards surviving D1? I don't remember doing so as a villager in a very long time.

Also, thx ong. Not your fault this game was a yawn. Not sure how to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    Wow...

Honest Q:

How might you suggest I play differently in an effort towards surviving D1? I don't remember doing so as a villager in a very long time.

Also, thx ong. Not your fault this game was a yawn. Not sure how to change that.
    IDK why you get pinged so much. Prob. everyone's scurred of you making them look bad.
    Rx: Be less awesome.

You've been the easiest player to read at end-game, given your penchant for wolf spaz.
    Maybe this gives wolves a reason to eliminate you early.
    Rx: Find a way to balance your W and V games.

You tend to give little explanation for why you do what you do and if you do respond to a question about your motives, usually your response is flippant. I guess this reads as wolfy at level 0 on an unknown player, but I don't know why it would be wolfy for YOU.
    It would only be wolfy for you if you could maintain that tone in either alignment, but see above.
    Rx: IDK. This is personal style and if you start forcing yourself to do something you are not comfortable doing, then that's going to come off as wolfy at level 1. Even still, try to understand that when you give a flippant answer, then you're basically implying that you are not willing to cooperate with the person who asked the question. If that person is a V, then you are alienating your allies, and they will be more likely to distrust you.

Personally, I find you to be less likely to do a re-read of the thread at end game than other players. I find that you are less likely to attack the minutia of the game. I find your ability to read ong to be invaluable.
    Rx: You gotta step up your hunting when the player pool has such epic players. I.e. Gator, gabe, ong
    Keep attacking ong, you're good at it.
    @bid, I thought gator was wolfy. I attacked you over your thoughts pretty much solely to generate discussion. I confessed as much to rong in our private chat. I didn't think your opinion on outing was relevant at all, but people's reactions may generate real discussion.

That idea of pulling fakes like that is something I wish I did more of...but had no time. It's an edge you have with private chats (that you can quote) that you don't normally have.
    Hoopy and gabe so completely walked over this village that the mod can't even tell what happened.

Handsome win, fellas
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Thanks for the advice. I'll store it and consider it for future games.

Yeah, I do have a tendency to spazz as wolf late in the game. Although, you would think this is a good reason for villagers and wolves to keep me alive.
    ONG thanks for modding. cool

Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    I was rightfully suspicious that there was village consensus on me after 30 posts
    fwiw if i say someone is a villager, its because i think they are a villager, no matter what my role is

"How might you suggest I play differently in an effort towards surviving D1?"
    do not try to post less often. the more posts you have, the better chance everyone else has of figuring you out. everyone should focus on being a great villager
    My plan was to post less lol
    posting less is for pussies

whenever i do it i feel like a pussy. its not cool. look at this game
    This game was pretty awful and I was as responsible as anyone else for that. I don't know why nobody seemed to get involved. I think it's an 8 man format. It just didn't have enough content form so small a pool of players.

It needed serious effort from people to find the smallest of angles on anyone and then go to town applying pressure. But I didn't have the time or the effort to go looking for it, and with so little to go on nothing jumped out at me either.

I'll play the next game that is slightly closer to the old style games we used to play but wouldn't play another of this type.

Thanks for modding ong.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Thanks for modding Ong.

We need to get some more people to play, maybe try and get some of those guys who played from other sites to come back.

Or since we're all pretty busy we could try some shorter turbos, maybe using an IRC channel?
    Someone go round baudib and wuf's house and threaten them with a meat cleaver, forcing them to keep playing ww.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong