Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*official Final Fantasy XIII thread*

Default *official Final Fantasy XIII thread*

Post your thoughts/comments here

Bought it last night, played for about an hour and a half.

Visuals are stunning! Voice Acting is pretty solid too. Some of the writing is lol.. I'm hot happy with the fact that I feel like I'm on a rail, but the story is pretty engrossing, so it's something I don't mind.

Anyone else a Squarewhore?
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    Used to be a Squarewhore, not anymore though. Here is my FF background:

FFI - Got me hooked immediately, was the first and only game my dad played, other than Dragon Warrior, which is epic.

FFIII - Best game for the SNES by far. Was part of my favorite Xmas of all time, which included: FFIII, Earthbound (epic rpg), Chrono Trigger (epic rpg), some football game, and some other video game that I cannot remember.

FFVII - Still, my favorite game to date, along with many other fans around the world.

FFVIII - Got about halfway through, started messing around with the FF card game inside, only went anywhere to try to find characters to play cards with me, lost everything after a few hands, stopped playing FFVIII.
    FF7 and FF8 are the 2 games I played more than anything on a console, loved the shit out of them and wanted to beat every secret in the game, which I might have done. Never really played any other FF games.

And omg I second Dragon Warrior, that game is the shit, I might dl and play it all day today!
    Earthbound was an absolute gem that most people missed.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    And omg I second Dragon Warrior, that game is the shit, I might dl and play it all day today!
    I beat it twice. The second time was last year on a modded Xbox where you can speed up the gameplay - 8 hrs later, BAM! NEXT!
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    Earthbound was an absolute gem that most people missed.
    I loved it too except for this part:

Final scene, our hero takes the spaceship with his friends up to space to fight the final boss. I am not leveled very well nor do I have many items to use, but I give it a shot anyways. As we land, I save the game, fight the boss, get owned, and decide that a couple hours of leveling up is necessary. Anyways, can't get back to Earth, thus, can't beat the game. THE END.

FML EARTHBOUND
    Meh, I'll buy this eventually. It's all been downhill after FFVII. God of War III, Bioshock 2, and finishing Assasin's Creed 2 are what I care about
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I had the opportuntiy to play through Earthbound with an Emulator. I enjoyed the game to a point, but the humor was a little bit... sophomoric.

Final Fantasy II for the SNES got me hooked, and it was like crack. I actually RENTED that game to beat it. Then Final Fantasy 3 came out, and we rented it once, and then finally broke down and bought it. I routinely play through FF7 every couple of years.

ff8 Sucked

Then ff9 Reeled me right back in. Then I made the calculated decision to buy an X-Box. instead of a sony, figuring that Square would jump ship to Microsoft in lieu of their superiority over the market.

I was wrong.

This will be the first FF game I've played in years
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    I beat it twice. The second time was last year on a modded Xbox where you can speed up the gameplay - 8 hrs later, BAM! NEXT!
    Okay yeah this sucks, it's way too farking slow. Thou hast done well in defeating the Slime.
    Oh nice, I can speed it up in the emulator, holla!
    I'm going to erase knowledge that I can replay Dragon Warrior in 8 hours from my brain.

Finishing Mass Effect 2 second play through before I start new FF. Reviews made the first 30 hours seem kinda eh so I'm going to wait until I have a game itch to scratch.

Seems to be a lot of hate on interweb for FF12 but I thought it was as good as any of the others, I liked 7 but never married it like most FF dorks.
    I haven't played FF since FF7, but went and rented this last night. I'm about 4.5 hours in and enjoying it for the most part. So far the game feels like one long, but nice looking hallway, which kind of sucks. It's a whole bunch of move forward, battle and/or watch story video, and repeat.

I'm going to race through this and enjoy it, but I'm already glad that I only rented it.
    This is going to be the last time I open this thread. Can someone please pm me when they're about 75% of the way through and let me know what they think of the game with only a high level explanation? I don't want to hear anything about story, etc besides it sucking, being good.
    LOL OPERATIONS