Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

nonUS sites softer than US sites?

Default nonUS sites softer than US sites?

Are the games really a lot softer at sites that don't allow US players vs. sites that allow US players? Asking for midstakes: 2/4 - 5/10.

I am asking because I heard that quite a few times on this forum and I am from Europe but currently play on Stars and I wonder if I am losing some money and should play somewhere else. party, ipoker,everest seem to have good traffic at midstakes. I wouldn't move all my money, just a part (around 20K). Not planning anything, just thinking about it.

Any responses, even stupid ones, appreciated.
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    Right now I'm a playing low stakes (10NL and below) but the games are definitely softer on Party compared to US sites. I think the reason is that poker in the US is ingrained in history of the country. People are familiar with the concept of the Road Gamblers even if they don't like the idea. Players are therefore looking at the forums and information available and looking to play a "solid" game so that they don't lose their bankrolls.

The European games (in regards to Hold em which are all I know about) are softer because we don't have that history. It's like Americans learning football (soccer). It's not in our blood so we're more liberal with the way we go about it. The majority of players coming out of Europe are extremely aggressive, loose and likely to blow-up and lose a stack with middle pair at any time.

Sure the talent improves as we move up the limits, but you're much more likely to face players who are willing to give you their stack on Party and other Euro sites than you would at Stars and FT.