Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

More news on Poker!!!

matrix1 Guest

Default More news on Poker!!!

Hello friends,
    Just a few days back I found the following rules on poker and thought of sharing it with you all.

POKER RULES:

The most basic rule to play poker is that you need to have the best hand, with 5 cards, to win the game. A basic poker game is played with a regular pack of cards of 52 cards. The cards have their own ranking from high to low: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and Ace. The Ace is mentioned twice because it's has 2 rankings, high and low. There are four different suits: spades, hearts, clubs and diamonds and all the suits are equal. There exist about 15 official poker games with their own rules, but they share basic poker rules.

There are 2,598,960 possible official poker hands with 52 cards.

Some of the ‘Best Poker Hands’ from best to worst have been defined in the following modules –

Straight Flush: It doesn't get any better than having a Straight Flush. It's the highest score in the poker hand ranking. A player has to have 5 cards of the same suit in order, for example5-6-7-8-9 or 9-10-Jack-Queen-King. If the series includes an ace as the highest card, 10-jack-queen-king-ace, the hand is called a Royal Flush which is the only hand that can beat a Straight Flush.

Four of a Kind: When a player has 4 cards of the same rank, like 10-10-10-10, it is called ‘Four of a Kind’. When more than one player has a Four of a Kind, the player with the highest ranked Four of a Kind wins the game.

Full House: A full House is a pair (2 cards of the same ranking) and three of a kind (3 cards of the same ranking), for example Queen-Queen-7-7-7. When more than one player has a Full House the one with the highest card in the Full House wins the hand.

Flush: A players has a Flush in his hand when all of the cards are the same suit. The order doesn't matter for a regular Flush.
    Straight: A Straight is 5 cards in order, like 7-8-9-10-Jack. The suit is not important for a Straight hand. When a hand ties, the highest card of the Straight decides who wins the hand.

Three of a Kind: This hand includes 3 cards of the same rank. The other 2 cards are not important. A three of a kind can be 6-6-6-King-Ace.

Two Pair: Players have Two Pair when they have 2 times 2 cards of the same rank. The fifth card is of no importance to the hand. An example of Two Pair is 4-4-Jack-Jack-Queen.

Pair: To play this hand you only need one pair of 2 cards of the same rank, the other 3 cards don't matter for the game.

High Card: When nobody has any of the hands above, the highest card wins the game.

In poker there are three basic official types of betting, namely - Call, Raise or Fold. Call means that the player bets enough to match the last bet. Raise means you match the original bet and raise the bet to another amount. When a player says Fold, the player is out of the current hand and can no longer win the pot; the player doesn’t need to match the bet. The betting continues until everyone at the table calls or folds after a raise or initial bet.
    I want to know more about poker.
    Thanks.
    Wow, this makes all the difference. I have been doing it all wrong, thanks. Look out Pokerstars5/10 I am coming your way now.

Default Re: More news on Poker!!!

These are lol wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1
    Full House: A full House is a pair (2 cards of the same ranking) and three of a kind (3 cards of the same ranking), for example Queen-Queen-7-7-7. When more than one player has a Full House the one with the highest card in the Full House wins the hand.

Three of a Kind: This hand includes 3 cards of the same rank. The other 2 cards are not important. A three of a kind can be 6-6-6-King-Ace.

Two Pair: Players have Two Pair when they have 2 times 2 cards of the same rank. The fifth card is of no importance to the hand. An example of Two Pair is 4-4-Jack-Jack-Queen.

Pair: To play this hand you only need one pair of 2 cards of the same rank, the other 3 cards don't matter for the game.

I want to know more about poker.
    Thanks.
    I prefer the robospam that uses all latin words.
    Sue me if I play too long....