Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

50nl - KK vs flop + turn donk.

Default 50nl - KK vs flop + turn donk.

My first post on this site, if anybody could direct me to a hand converter would be cool as you probably hate looking at raw HH's as much as I do.
    Anyway onto the hand, villain is 22/16/7% 3b, 9% call open in SB 17% donk bet over 35 opportunities.
    One of the first major encounters I had with villain, my image was pretty clean. Is this the same line that you take? Do we bet river when checked to for thin value from a hand like TT/JJ which he might flat pre some % of the time, is my sizing otr a bit small? Pretty sure we fold if raised, and I was folding if he led the river again.

Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software
    NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer Game#58994860324

J.WILMANN ($49.95)
    davidabcdefg ($116)
    Postolar ($23.55)
    longyi520 ($60.25)
    EATITPAL ($58.45)

J.WILMANN posts (SB) $0.25
    davidabcdefg posts (BB) $0.50

Dealt to EATITPAL Kc Kh
    fold, fold,
    EATITPAL raises to $1.25
    J.WILMANN calls $1
    davidabcdefg calls $0.75
    FLOP ($3.75) 4s 9c 9s
    J.WILMANN bets $3.20
    davidabcdefg folds
    EATITPAL calls $3.20
    TURN ($10.15) 4s 9c 9s Qh
    J.WILMANN bets $7.20
    EATITPAL calls $7.20
    RIVER ($24.55) 4s 9c 9s Qh 6s
    J.WILMANN checks
    EATITPAL bets $9
    I don't think a check i too bad on this particular card. I would bet an offsuit 6 for sure, but he could def be checking 9x here to c/c on the flush scare card.

I wouldn't expect him to check 9x as often if flush bricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    good converter is on weaktight.com

- I don't see any worse hand in his range, which can call river bet - maybe if you bet like 3-6$ he can call it w/ some random Q, but 9 seems too much
    Ok so betting like $6 which is 1/4 pot seems cool. Are we ever folding the turn? If we are, are there any particular turn cards?
    I think a check is best on this particular card.
    I think betting for thin value here would depend on how bad the player was. This guys stats look pretty decent and apart from the very rare bluff, that some decent regs might do on this board SB vs BTN, the bottom of his dbl brling range is prolly 88 and everything in that range except a 9 is c/f'ing this particular river a large majority of the time. As played i like it and would probably take ur flop and turn line most of the time and check back river against a TAGish opponent.

If the river was to brick i would probably have sized it a bit bigger like half pot or something. Your should river bet sizing on dud rivers ( in situations like these) should be tailored to extract the most value from the weaker part of his calling range while losing the least amount to the stronger part of his range.
    vs anyone I respect this mostly has to be a check. you need a good idea that he can call with weak hands (or soulread and call a raise). often though you're not getting much value here, better hands can call, and getting raised off the best hand is a disaster

oh he has no fear, NO FEAR AT ALL
    Quote Originally Posted by EATITPAL View Post
    My first post on this site, if anybody could direct me to a hand converter would be cool as you probably hate looking at raw HH's as much as I do.
    Welcome to the forum.

Both Hold'em Manager and Poker Tracker 3 will convert the hand for you. Just use the 2+2 button in the replayer to copy the converted hand to your clipboard.

i like a check vs him, if it was a fishier player id vbet something small though
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.