Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

IPAD and Poker

Default IPAD and Poker

Anyone know if the new IPAD will allow you to download and run online poker software?
    You can't download online poker software to the iPad, and you can't use the web page versions of what the online sites offer. You can, however, use a VNC client. I play FTP on my iPad using a VNC client called Jaadu. It works great, both at home and when I'm away from home. I made a video for a friend so that he could see what it's like, PM me and I'll send it to you if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointprime View Post
    You can't download online poker software to the iPad, and you can't use the web page versions of what the online sites offer. You can, however, use a VNC client. I play FTP on my iPad using a VNC client called Jaadu. It works great, both at home and when I'm away from home. I made a video for a friend so that he could see what it's like, PM me and I'll send it to you if you want.

Apple sucks sweaty monkey balls. I've got an itouch and the damn thing doesn't even support flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleogre View Post
    Apple sucks sweaty monkey balls. I've got an itouch and the damn thing doesn't even support flash.
    {link edited out by courtiebee}
    Last edited by donkbee; 05-30-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    A good amount of sites don't work with macs anyway. I hadn't even thought of playing poker on my iPad but may try now that I have read this thread...there goes another hour of each day down the drain
    BroadwayTables ID: 6pacshakur
    FT ID: Elvis Phreshly

You seem like you would know but is there anyway to run flash on the iphone when i'm not at home or at home for that matter? Also does my iphone or whatever need to be close to my comp in order to use a vnc?

um, don't download software from an unknown. Unless you don't care about your money.

mods wanna delete that link?
    I'm sure there are companies working feverishly to be the first legit online poker room for th iPad
    BroadwayTables ID: 6pacshakur
    FT ID: Elvis Phreshly
    Quote Originally Posted by blake86 View Post
    A good amount of sites don't work with macs anyway. I hadn't even thought of playing poker on my iPad but may try now that I have read this thread...there goes another hour of each day down the drain
    How many tables could you effectively play on an iPad anyway? Doesn't seem like you could play more than one. I've never used an iPad so I'm just curious.
    Apparently Andy Bloch has an IPAD at the table during the WSOP. I don't understand how the TD allows this since it's basically a handheld computer, amirite?

Default iPad & iPhone Real Poker App

I found a Real Poker App that works very nicely on my iPhone and iPad. It's a Video Poker Jacks or Better game but is great practice. The demo loads instantly and has kept me amused for hours.

It's free to try, you can also deposit funds and play for real which is cool.

I found the link at RealPokerApps.com

The site says they will soon feature a multi player real cash Texas Hold'em Poker game for iPad and iPhone.
    ^ nice knowin ya
    I completed a survey for stars a few weeks ago asking about poker on our phones.
    [20:19] <Zill4> god
    [20:19] <Zill4> u guys
    [20:19] <Zill4> so fking hopeless
    [20:19] <Zill4> and dumb
    The ability for fish to sit down and play whenever they have a few minutes to kill has to be +EV for anyone seriously grinding yes?

Default The Best Real Money Play Mobile Poker Site?

Hands down the best real money play mobile poker site for any handset OS is MobileRealPoker.com - Seem to have all bases covered there. Masses of different versions , maybe too much Jacks or Better going on but still the best list I've seen. Bwin & Microgaming also have new mobile poker clients launching soon apparently. Bwin's App is out but does not yet support tourneys.
    i've been wondering the same thing