Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Operation: 50NL and never depositing

Default Operation: 50NL and never depositing

Last Updated: April 4, 2009

Introduction:
    Hi FTR! I've been learning a lot in the BC since I started playing poker. Like most newer players, I got dragged into this game through the advent of TV poker. I had an interest in poker when I was 17 and I played a lot of play money tables on full tilt, and hoped to one day be able to get my own credit card so I could actually deposit money :P

Beginnings and Future Goals:
    I'm 18 now and have my own credit card. But how did I initially get my roll? Pokerstars gave me $5 real money free and with uber careful BRM, I've grinded it to what it is today. I haven't deposited a dime and I don't plan on doing so. My goal is to learn the game well enough to beat 50NL. I'm sure 100NL and 200NL will be my later goals, but one step at a time.

Benchmarks:
    1) 2NL: ~11.000 hands
    2) 5NL: Tried 6max and failed miserably. Moved back to 5NL Full Ring
    3) Took 3rd place in a FTR300 and became rolled for 10NL. Finished up 3k more hands at 5NL and moved up
    4) 10NL: Current Limit. 40k hands lifetime as of 1/16/09
    5) 25NL: When bankroll hits $500
    6) Bankroll hits $1000 4/4/09

What I'm Doing Right Now:
    I'm 12 tabling 25NL on pokerstars. Currently I'm very close to getting silver star on Pokerstars, but next month I'll either switch my money out to Full Tilt and clear the deposit bonus or try to get gold star on Pokerstars. I've signed up for stoxpoker.com and have learned quite a bit on that site

Current Bankroll: $940.00

Take a look at my graphs and leave a post if you'd like. I'll try to update when any major sessions or confusing hands take place.

Thanks for looking! And big thanks to the mods (esp bigspenda) for helping me in the beginner's circle.

Graphs:

Stats of All Limits:

Position:

Current Limit - 25NL:

10NL:

5NL Full Ring:

2NL:

Lifetime Graph:
    So all the later hands were played at FR, correct?

Good luck man. You'll for sure make your goal as long as you keep with it, trust me!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmind
    So all the later hands were played at FR, correct?

Good luck man. You'll for sure make your goal as long as you keep with it, trust me!
    yep! after dumping 6 max i've stuck to FR and haven't looked back since
    good luck on your operation dude.im doing a same one just that i havent created my operation.waiting for my exams to be over and getting my own 22 inch monitor.

$500: Start on 25NL?
    I wouldnt recommend you start on 25NL with a bankroll of $500.Thats only 20 buy ins,and 25NL opps are slightly better.Again,i only 6 max,im not sure abt FR.would suggest 750 maybe.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by hangchiong
    good luck on your operation dude.im doing a same one just that i havent created my operation.waiting for my exams to be over and getting my own 22 inch monitor.

$500: Start on 25NL?
    I wouldnt recommend you start on 25NL with a bankroll of $500.Thats only 20 buy ins,and 25NL opps are slightly better.Again,i only 6 max,im not sure abt FR.would suggest 750 maybe.

Good Luck
    by then i'd be hoping to have beaten 10NL over 25k-30k hands. although the bankroll might be a bit susceptible to negative variance, i think that if i beat 10NL well enough and over a good sample, I should at least take a shot and move back down if it doesn't work out
    hope u don't mind me asking... how's the new year started off for you so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by al yell
    very good actually. +$101 as of this post for January
    Quote Originally Posted by AFchung
    Quote Originally Posted by al yell
    very good actually. +$101 as of this post for January
    ship it
    Good luck sir. What's your Pstars sig, if you don't mind me asking? We will probably bump heads on the tables eventually!
    Ich grolle nicht...
    SOOOO jealous not gonna lie lmao. I started my grind to 25nl back in November with an initial $10 deposit. Haven't had to redeposit yet, and I'm sitting on a $43 roll right now, but SHIIIIT ur pretty much pwning my ass as of right now lmao. Not even cool. I was slaying 2nl when I first started. I made it to $30 in like a week. Now I've had a massive BE stretch. Not cool. Ah well, hopefully the upswong comes my way again, and good luck moving up to 25nl .
    Hey good job so far man, keep up the great work! Your operation is pretty similar to the one I've started this year, I just need to get around to creating a thread for it.

I bombed 6-max too, my graph looks pretty similar to yours : D only alot worse!

Edit: I'm actually learning how to not spew at 6-max now llllooollll

Good luck moving up the ladder.
    GLGLGL
    O! AF, that´s encouraging! Your example proves one can succeed in poker with a really very small inicial amount of money.

I started playing very seriouly my first 1000 in play money PokerStars offers, I never lost it, and in 3 months it became 10.000 - that was to practice and test bankroll management - besides, I still use to play freerolls with cash prizes to start playing with real money; after one of these freerolls I received $5,00 and assumed it as a bankroll, and I try now to raise this amount to $10,00 as a first goal, but I don´t care about time so far... I still keep on practicing with play money.

After talking a little about my experience too, I want to wish you good luck! And come here now and then to tell us some news...
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...49.html#831355

Just hit my 25NL BR mark! Although only 20 buyins deep for 25NL, I'm thinking of taking a shot at it
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/forum/can-i-move-up-now-t81649.html#831355

Just hit my 25NL BR mark! Although only 20 buyins deep for 25NL, I'm thinking of taking a shot at it
    Ok. You look solid, but just remembe not to lose your way... Remembert it´s easier to lose than winning... I understant it´s better just wait a little bit until you hit your goal: only 20 buyins left!
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/forum/can-i-move-up-now-t81649.html#831355

What's your stop-loss? When do you move back down if it isn't going well? If you've got a firm plan for not gashing your roll, do it. I have some nitty requirements that help me. Trust me, I've had to regrind 25nl losses at 10nl a lot in my life, and it's not fun.

I'd suggest something like 12 BI's (for 25nl). If you drop below $300, step back down. That gives you 8 BI's of room to learn the 25nl game, and grinding back up is in 20 BI's at 10nl, so 20k to 25k hands.

But good luck. I really hope it works out for you. GLGLGLGL.
    Looks like you've done pretty well! I really like the tracking stuff, I think I'm going to go look into that right now, thanks for posting your progress on this, its inspiring that you got it started with such a small bankroll and good luck to you!!!
    cheers,
    Chad
    How's the shot to 25NL going? I'm finding it verrrry soft.
    Ich grolle nicht...

Default good post

this is one of the best post i have read since i joined
    updated woohoo!

25nl going pretty good so far. trying to get silver star before march is over!
    ran KK into AA and dropped 2 BIs, but still doing good!

just hit silver star
    just hit silver star
    Gratz!

I remember my first time achieving that, felt like I 'm on top of the world

It too was at 25NL
    BANKROLL JUST HIT 1K TODAY WOOHOOOO

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP2 ($25.80)
    Hero (MP3) ($25)
    CO ($4.65)
    Button ($4.30)
    SB ($27.25)
    BB ($30.75)
    UTG ($16.95)
    UTG+1 ($38.05)
    MP1 ($67.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 7
    1 fold, UTG+1 bets $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 3 folds, BB raises to $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($7.60) 7, K, 4 (5 players)
    BB bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 raises to $5.75, MP2 calls $5.75, Hero raises to $11.50, BB raises to $29.25 (All-In), 1 fold, MP1 calls $23.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $12 (All-In)

Turn: ($96.35) 10 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($96.35) 2 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $96.35 | Rake: $3
    Nice work! 1k is the hardest milestone to hit I hear. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get there . Congrats!
    Sounds like things are going well. Keep up the good work!
    "You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience...
    The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    Do you have testicles? If so, learn to bet like it
    Good luck to you, looking forward to follow your progress.
    Updates?
    after you hit 1K money just appears in your pocket it's a magical number that makes you good at poker

ok I'm exaggerating, but 1K is sick tight
    gogogo

wtsd = $ ;D