Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2NL: light 3-betting the regulars

Default 2NL: light 3-betting the regulars

I've been trying light 3-betting lately, and after some big disasters i think i've got it down. The red line is going up more quickly then before.

Graph (last 5k hands or so):

The question I have is, how far should i go? Because I don't want anyone to exploit me back.

What is the fold to 3bet% you go for when doing this?

What range of hands do you do that with?

What is the hand sample you like to have?

How many regs at the micros (specifically 2NL) do you think have Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker these days (so that they know what kind of stats I have or that they know how much I 3bet)?

Also, how much do you think light 3-betting can add to someones winrate at 2NL in the long run?

Thanks
    looks like a recipe for disaster to me . 2nl players (regs included) biggest major leak is that they call too much/don't fold enough so why bloat the pot with a marginal hand. exploit the leak instead, overbet your big hands and get fatter value and you will be surprised what they will call you with.
    It's only the green line that matters.

If the best case for your green line happens to be when you win more at non-showdown then so beit, but I wouldn't go out of your way to adjust either the non-showdown or showdown unless its maximizing overall winnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I guess you're right I've played a bit over 1K hands today with a winrate of 17bb/100. I don't get a lot of resistance, not yet anyway.

I've played a bit over 1K hands today with a winrate of 17bb/100. I don't get a lot of resistance, not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gabl136 View Post

How many regs at the micros (specifically 2NL) do you think have Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker these days (so that they know what kind of stats I have or that they know how much I 3bet)?

Also, how much do you think light 3-betting can add to someones winrate at 2NL in the long run?

Thanks
    i wouldn't really worry so much about this right now, like griff said it's the green line that counts, and you seem to be doing fine. when you get to 5nl i would imagine most opponents with regish stats have tracking software.

btw when are we going to see some converted hands get posted?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF