Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

AA 3b pot turn line

Default AA 3b pot turn line

Hi everyone.

villain is 25/15/8.6 ft3b 0 (2) af 2.0 over 214 hands if any more stats needed please ask.

Thoughts on preflop sizing please i made it quite large as i had a raiser and 2 callers acting before me both callers looked quite fishy but over very small samples.

My turn sizing 1/3 rd pot was to induce shoves from worse hands while still giving an spr of 1 on the turn so i can still easily manage to get stacks in on the river. I think you would call it an spr of 1 ? this would be my usual flop sizing on a board like that i see no reason to go bigger any thoughts ?

On the turn i can obviously bet again my sizing would again be small 3rd pot or around 90 to set up a nice shove of 1.80 into 4.50 or would you just shove for pot ott ?

I decided to go for a check raise ott is that line ok here or if you check turn are you check calling down ? does the Ac make any difference to how you play the hand ? I'm obviously always o'k with playing for stacks postflop i don't think people ever consider folding a strong over pair in spots like this ?

Thanks for your help.

SB (€0.96)
    Hero (BB) (€4.02)
    UTG (€5)
    MP (€5.14)
    CO (€3.66)
    Button (€5.80)

Preflop: Hero ist BB mit A, A
    UTG raises €0.14, 1 fold, CO calls €0.14, 1 fold, SB calls €0.12, Hero raises €0.56, UTG calls €0.46, 2 folds

Flop: (€1.48) 8, 9, 2 (2 Spieler)
    Hero bets €0.64, UTG calls €0.64

Turn: (€2.76) 3 (2 Spieler)
    Hero checks, UTG bets €1.84, Hero raises €2.78 (All-In), Thoughts on my line and bet sizing please
    Hmm... I would say pre flop is good, but flop bet is weak. I'd really want to be setting up a natural turn shove. What does he have at flop? $3.42... I think a $1.10 bet looks good, leaving a $2.32 turn shove.

As played, obviously we're calling this all day long. At no point in this hand am I folding.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    euros dollars whatever
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah, your flop bet needs to be higher. Just bet bet bet, no reason to get fancy with a turn c/r. You don't want to give him a chance to check behind and out draw you for free.
    ^^

What these guys said. You're getting it in all day long here against big draws and TT-QQ. Sometimes they have a set, but we get called so often when we're good on the turn that jamming is best.
    Also, this is €5nl, yes? Why haven't you reloaded to 100 bbs?
    I just noticed hero c/r'd turn, not vice versa.

Still, bet flop more, shove turn. I dunno why hero isn't trying to get the money in as fast as possible.

Also, what gmml said. Max out you stack, always. If you're not comfortable with that, step down and max out your stack, always.
    ongies gonna ong
    It looks like i was being a little fancy it's 4nl so i was playing 100bb its just the table max buy in is 125bb's.

Thanks for the replies.
    Then buy in at 125bb. Also, immediately top-up your stack to the max amount any time it drops below.

It's not about having 100bb. It's about having as much in front of you as possible (at least to the point where you have the most at the table). It's about getting max value from your winning hands. If you only have 100bb and your opponent has 125bb, then when you shove and he calls, you've lost 25bb in value.

Sure you have the extra 25bb at risk to lose, but you wont lose it because you're a smart player who makes good shoves and good folds.

You want as many of Villain's chips as possible in the pot when you win a hand. The only way to make sure you can get all his chips is to have at least as many yourself.
    In general when planning betting by streets, if I want to get all-in in two streets I bet 1/4th of the remaining stacks on the flop and shove the rest on the turn. If I want to get all-in in there steets I bet around 1/10th of remaining stacks on flop.

In this case, you have around $3.45ish remaining on flop, so you need to bet around 0.85 on the flop. Turn will be around $3.10 and you can shove the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks