2NL 88 in CO

Default 2NL 88 in CO

MP: $5.44 (272 bb)
    Hero (CO): $5.85 (292.5 bb)
    BTN: $1.31 (65.5 bb)
    SB: $1.23 (61.5 bb)
    BB: $5 (250 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8 8
    MP raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, MP folds

Flop: ($0.35) 2 3 5 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero ??

MP is 53/33 over 70 hands
    BTN is 48/21 15.8%3bet 2/5 fold to CB over 50 hands
    BB is 17/14 5.7%3bet 1/3 fold to CB over 150 hands

So these are the continuing ranges I assigned my opponents:

Equity Win Tie
    Hero 12.56% 11.51% 1.04% { 8d8c }

BTN 49.06% 48.05% 1.02% { JJ-55, 33-22, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Qh8h, Jh8h, Th8h, 9h8h, Ah7h, Kh7h, Qh7h, Jh7h, Th7h, 9h7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Kh5h, Qh5h, Jh5h, 6h5h, Ah4h, Kh4h, Qh4h, Ah3h, Kh3h, Ah2h, Kh2h, A4o }

BB 38.38% 37.21% 1.17% { JJ-55, 33-22, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh }

Basically my question is: is there a point to betting here? Assuming my ranges are somewhat accurate I only have about 13%. I'll be out of position vs. an opponent a good amount of the time. I hate a lot of turn cards. Seems like a lot of reasons not to bet. I've got a decent amount of FE vs. the BB which doesn't help my positional problem vs the BTN.

Does betting here basically turn my hand into a bluff? No, what better hands fold? None really.

If we check and someone bets we're stuck wondering what to do.

If we check and it goes through I hate like half the deck of turn cards.

I feel like the only reason to bet here would be for protection but how often is that going to work?

As you can see I'm kind of going in circles with this one... thoughts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mury; 03-24-2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: spacing
    What is your reasoning for the 3bet pre? I like flatting a lot more.

You have to cbet this flop because you're going to be betting this flop w/ a lot of your range and also you need to bet for protection. You will get calls from tonnes of flush draws, worse pairs, and sometimes just overs that don't wanna fold to one bet as well.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    What is your reasoning for the 3bet pre? I like flatting a lot more.

You have to cbet this flop because you're going to be betting this flop w/ a lot of your range and also you need to bet for protection. You will get calls from tonnes of flush draws, worse pairs, and sometimes just overs that don't wanna fold to one bet as well.
    I was raising for value pre... I tend to treat min raises and 1BB donks from these types of players as limps and checks. Maybe I'm wrong in doing so?

Are we super worried about how much of our range we're betting on this flop at these stakes? Surely these players aren't thinking too hard about my betting range?
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I don't mind the 3-bet, just make it like 14-16. Just understand that most people call there and 3-betting 88 may be a little more sophisticated than you want right now (being a 2nl player and all).

On the flop just bet 22 and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mury View Post
    I was raising for value pre... I tend to treat min raises and 1BB donks from these types of players as limps and checks. Maybe I'm wrong in doing so?

Are we super worried about how much of our range we're betting on this flop at these stakes? Surely these players aren't thinking too hard about my betting range?
    Thinking about your range isn't a bad habit to get into and is something that will only benefit you in the long run. Either way, you have the best hand here a lot of the time and are getting called by plenty of worse hands so betting is the best option.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Gotcha, makes sense
    Pre-flop is thin but fine. Given cold caller is kind of fishy I would cb like 0.2-0.25 on flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks