Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

AK great flop

Default AK great flop

I had AKo flop is tjq two suited cards. somone bets 1/4 pot i reraise pot. Dumb play or smart, was afaird of the flush.
    It depends :) <--classic poker answer.

I will say this: I probably play my straights the most aggressively of all my hands, for a few reasons.

1) They lose their power more easily than other made hands. They are susceptible to being counterfeited (and therefore splitting the pot) with any straight draw. They are susceptible to flush draws, and any paired board gives some fool who called your straight with trips or two-pair a full house.

2) Most people don't believe you have the straight anyway, especially if you have a one-gap straight (Holding KJ and the flop comes QT9). So you will get callers from top pair, two pair, trips, and sometimes even big slick.

In your scenario, it would be more helpful to know preflop play. What position? How much did you raise with AKo? When you re-raised on flop, how much did you re-raise? What was your reputation with this player and this table?
    raised pot pre flop about 4k with a lot of limbers of blind 300 600 i think. I was semi big stack, i guess semi tight yet bluff sometimes and have been caught.