Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Strategy when theres 3 ppl left

Default Strategy when theres 3 ppl left

I've been playing a lot of sit n go tourneys on partypoker. I have no trouble making it to the top 3 but once there it seems to be nothing more than a gamble. Is there a good strategy to use when its down the last 3 and and it's all about stealing the blinds?

I've been playing a lot of sit n go tourneys on partypoker. I have no trouble making it to the top 3 but once there it seems to be nothing more than a gamble. Is there a good strategy to use when its down the last 3 and and it's all about stealing the blinds?

Basicly put your money in when you ahve the best of it and protect it when you don't.
    Basicly put your money in when you ahve the best of it and protect it when you don't.
    My biggest problem is getting from around 6 to 3...
    well, i play the 10+1 tables and most of the ppl are pretty loose so all you have to do is play really, really tight until its down to 3 or 4. If you can double up once along the way you should be set to place 3rd at least.
    I play just a bit loose early in the tourney, I'll limp in on more hands out of position and some hands that I would usually drop. I do this because the blinds are so low compared to your starting chip stack.

Now later in the rounds after the blinds are up you have to tighten your starting hands. You can't limp in on 3-4 hands because that can cost you half your stake.

I'll also raise more from early position with good starting hands. I don't know if thats good or bad. If i'm going to play I don't want the blinds limping in. I've won too many pots limping in with rags on the blinds to let it happen to me.