Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

[spoonitnow strategy] Back to Basics (Part 5): Poker Reads Made Simple

Exclamation [spoonitnow strategy] Back to Basics (Part 5): Poker Reads Made Simple

Instead of an excerpt for this week's thread, I'm just going to go off like my younger self would whenever something annoyed me and I made a post about it. Don't take any of this personally, especially if you think I'm talking about you specifically. Here we go:

Know something I absolutely hate? When someone posts a hand talking about something stupid like "Oh man, this 30/2 raised me on the flop and I can't figure out what to do with my top-pair-no-kicker. Please help. Here is a screenshot of my 14 pop-ups on this guy over my massive 127-hand sample that I have on this loser." Are we really to the point that people aren't looking at the 30/2 part and the part where he raised you post-flop like HAHA YEAH RIGHT LIKE I'D EVER CALL THIS. Man I have the baddest HUD in the world that I spent 14 hours on that could have been used to learn how to put someone on a range, but instead I'd rather screw around playing with my toys instead of learning how to make some frickin money. Then the same numb nuts posts about how it's the rake at microstakes that's the reason why he can't win and that he'd actually be at 3 bb/100 at freakin 5nl if it wasn't for that darned rake. News flash jerkwad: You aren't making any money at 5nl because you haven't learned how to take the most basic 4-5 stats and make solid decisions over and over again with them. You can't learn to drive a race car before you figure out what the gas pedal does, you can't walk before you crawl, and you can't ever, ever, ever, EVER get a sample size that's good enough to make really detailed post-flop stats worth half a squirt of piss.
    Start Reading: http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-s...s-simple-21056
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 05-07-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Roses are red

Violets are blue

If you don't post in this thread

Then I feel sorry for you