Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

whats the best way to exploit this moneky fish?

Default whats the best way to exploit this moneky fish?

Effective stack is about 300BB deep. This super fishy hypo-aggreso has the habit of open raising huge preflop(10-20BB) and making big bluffs with air on later streets when checked to.On Saturday night, he just sat to my right, raised big with 90% of hands preflop and rarely folded his TP hands.He also defended his straddle fiercely several times without resistance and bet big with weak one pair hand or air. So everyone else started trapping and slow playing vs this whale.Given the deep stack situation, What hands should be in my 3bet&iso range IP or OOP? what hands should be in my calling range IP or OOP? BTW, the table is a mixture of other loose passive &TAG players.
    Last edited by pokerfan; 09-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    No matter what you should be trying to isolate him - playing any hand multiway is just going to get you in trouble. If you want to take a high risk/high reward scenario then just start 3-betting any playable hand and be willing to make thin calls for big pots.

If you to take a low risk/high reward scenario then just do what everyone else is doing and wait for big hands and let him blow up.

You are in the best position because you can do whatever you want since you are directly to his left. So you should also get plenty of opportunities to just call when he is the first one to open and you are in MP-LP which should produce the heads-up opportunities you want.
    http://chardrian.blogspot.com
    come check out my training videos at pokerpwnage.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chardrian View Post
    No matter what you should be trying to isolate him - playing any hand multiway is just going to get you in trouble. If you want to take a high risk/high reward scenario then just start 3-betting any playable hand and be willing to make thin calls for big pots.

If you to take a low risk/high reward scenario then just do what everyone else is doing and wait for big hands and let him blow up.

You are in the best position because you can do whatever you want since you are directly to his left. So you should also get plenty of opportunities to just call when he is the first one to open and you are in MP-LP which should produce the heads-up opportunities you want.
    Yeah, i figure that i fold too much vs his huge preflop raise.I seriously fold lots of suited cards ip and some broadway cards like KTo,ATo,QJo in blinds when this guy raises limpers 10-15BB in late position.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
    Yeah, i figure that i fold too much vs his huge preflop raise.I seriously fold lots of suited cards ip and some broadway cards like KTo,ATo,QJo in blinds when this guy raises limpers 10-15BB in late position.
    KTo, ATo and QJo are all great hands to re-raise him with unless you smell a limp-re-raise tarp (don't do it against super-tight limpers unless you think they're weak.)
    Also, my biggest problem with guys like was finding a hand before they went broke!
    I'd rather have him on the left, that way you get to see what the rest of the table does after he bets.