Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Good Ol' Brando

Default Good Ol' Brando

I have to take the con side of this arguement. Don't be alarmed, I'll justify this.
    I'm kinda glad that Marlon Brando died.
    I love Brando. he is one of the best actors of all time. But in the last 10 years (maybe more) the only reports about him were, "Look at how lazy he is, look at how fat he is, look at what a recluse he is, look at how poor he is."

I don't want to think of him like that. Now that he has died, we won't have to. We can go back to hearing, "What a great actor he was." And that's what matters.

On one side, we have JFK. He died at his peak. There are a few people who have said that he wasn't a good president, but you can't hear them because of the trumpets from the mountains saying, "Camelot!!!"

On the other side you have the Rolling Stones. The general opinion on them is they were great. WERE! Not are. Their music goes down, and they are getting less respect every year.

I'd rather remember of the greats as the greats. That doesn't neccessarily mean that they all have to die. However, I am having a hard time thinking of someone who has bowed out of the spotlight gracefully.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    *insert 10 foot pole remark*
    i know what you mean. it's not good when anyone dies young, but can you imagine a 60 year old jim morrison, james dean or jimi hendrix?

elvis got that way toward the end, and i won't even get started on elizabeth taylor...

and a 65 year old michael jackson? ewwwwwwwwww

marlon was great, and the marlon i remember is the 1962 Mutiny on the Bounty marlon.
    Showing yur age again bubble boy, 1962? Was that movie on an 8 track tape? hehe
    Holy crap I cant play against Yoda!!
    Although there was nothing wrong with the 1977 Brando in the Godfather.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer
    Showing yur age again bubble boy, 1962? Was that movie on an 8 track tape? hehe
    actually mr gopher, we had giant hamster wheels to power stone projectors (ala flintstones), and while others would watch the movie (on beaver pelts - no film back then), us kids would have to take turns running in the hamster wheel to keep the projector running.

and that's Mr. Bubble Boy to you!

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by fishstick
    we had giant hamster wheels to power stone projectors (ala flintstones), and while others would watch the movie (on beaver pelts - no film back then), us kids would have to take turns running in the hamster wheel to keep the projector running.
    Lucky you Fishy, I've only seen the flipbook version of One The Waterfront.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    we had giant hamster wheels
    Luxery!!! damn you people who are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, I had to sleep on broken bottles at the bottom of a lake when i were a lad
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty
    we had giant hamster wheels
    Luxery!!! damn you people who are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, I had to sleep on broken bottles at the bottom of a lake when i were a lad
    i'm sorry, toasty, but until you change your avatar, i'm not speaking to you!

i don't like clowns, never have, and when you tack "insane" onto "clown", it just upsets me!

{This post has been removed}
    Any chance we can ban him until he changes his avatar?

(at least thats what we'll say is the reason)
    Quote Originally Posted by jobupoker
    Any chance we can ban him until he changes his avatar?

(at least thats what we'll say is the reason)
    interestingly enough, i haven't had good luck getting people banned?!?!

go figure

xianti - i like to get a Banning Request Form started on jobupoker, ummm, i guess the reason is because he asked about banning someone.

i'm sorry, toasty, but until you change your avatar, i'm not speaking to you!

i don't like clowns, never have, and when you tack "insane" onto "clown", it just upsets me!

Woot I've found a fishstick repelling Avatar
    How about this one ?
    DEAR GOD help us all!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    clowns watching me...
    bugs crawling all over my skin...
    can't think straight...
    voices telling me to do bad, bad things...
    want to burn things...
    telling me to do bad things to the clowns...
    toasty is a clown...
    i am the walrus...
    voices telling me to do bad things to toastclown...
    koo koo kachoo...

Hello, I am Baron Fishsticken. The entity known as fishstick was unable to cope with the clowns in his life, so I have taken over. We feel much calmer, and in fact, are planning a holiday to the UK to talk to Toasty about clowns, and many other other interesting things...
    Hello, I am Baron Fishsticken. The entity known as fishstick was unable to cope with the clowns in his life, so I have taken over. We feel much calmer, and in fact, are planning a holiday to the UK to talk to Toasty about clowns, and many other other interesting things...
    Hello Baron Fishsticken. Thank God you got rid of Fishstick for us. We have been trying for months with little to no success. You will have to let us in on how you could accomplish this. Anyway, if you could make sure that we never see fishstick again, I'm sure that we would all reward you with lots of riches. But don't tell Fishstick. He'd take the riches awy from you and spend it all on FTR thongs for Shawna Hyatt.

By the way, between you and me... You may be the walrus, but I am the eggman.

Goo koo ca choo.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    You don't scare me Baron Fishstick, for the clowns will protect me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humphrind
    I'm sure that we would all reward you with lots of riches. But don't tell Fishstick. He'd take the riches awy from you and spend it all on FTR thongs for Shawna Hyatt.
    and this would be a bad thing???
    haha, nice Toasty.