Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Incredibly deep (350bb), incredibly sad

Default Incredibly deep (350bb), incredibly sad

Villain is your standard 53/33/1.4 running like god. From the few hands I've seen him play, he's not very crazy but he calls like a mofo. He chased a 6 to hit the 4 card flush. Not spazzy much though. I haven't see him play a lot of hands, I actually just resat at the table within an hour so I was able to put in my previous stack, hence no real reads.

I'm running standard tag 24/20/3.5. I've been 3-betting him for value pretty light but nothing out of line.

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
    4 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    CO ($345.90)
    Hero (BTN) ($727.15)
    SB ($356.30)
    BB ($932.90)

Pre-flop: ($3, 4 players) Hero is BTN
    CO bets $7, Hero calls $7, SB folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($22, 3 players)
    BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $15, BB calls $15, CO folds

Turn: ($52, 2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $45, BB bets $90, Hero bets $150, BB calls $105

River: ($442, 2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $235, BB goes all-in $715.90, Hero says fuck you poker... with ~275 behind

Should I be happy here? I've seen him make ridiculous calls so I'm happy to bet here. But this is the first hand he's shown any real aggression. After the turn this river made me nervous, but I figured he'd still call with a slowly played overpair or counterfeighted two pair etc. I know I ave incredible odds but am I good often enough?

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I just puked in my mouth. Sick spot.

His min-re-raise and smooth call on the turn, coupled with the action on the river say you are smoked here just about every time I'd think.

i really dont know how we can b/f this river if we bet, especially getting 4:1, but i dont know how you can be good here. i call because if villain is bad enough to chase a 4 flush w/ a 6, then hes probably bad enough to do this w/ 87/86/45/any deuce. i guess he could even have T9.

such a sick spot.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    You played the turn pretty poorly which is why the river sucks. You want to be setting up a river shove so leaving yourself more than a psb is bad. For this type of player this is the strongest line in the history of strong lines when he c/c c/minraises turn, so make it like 230 on the turn and shove river.
    You should be raising a lot more on turn, like to 270. Then id just shove river. As played i think i call but only because he just straight up minraised the turn. If he put in an actual raise id fold.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    Why that much ISF? With 230 it ends up being a little less than a half pot river shove (unless I did my math wrong) which i think is ideal. I also don't want to invite him to do something stupid like fold 222 on the turn.

We could be splitting hairs here though.
    whoa dude work on your betsizing. getting to the river as we did, i still think its shove>>>>check>>your bet
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    I was actually the SB in this hand and thought it was pretty interesting. The BTN tanked for a long time on the river and I actually started thinking maybe it should be a fold as played since a turn min-raise from a loose donk is like the strongest line ever in poker. I just really couldn't see what the BTN was ever ahead of here the way things unfolded.

I agree his betsizing is pretty awful. Actually, I don't think I've ever come across a reg at up to the 200NL level that isn't a complete betsizing fish.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinho
    whoa dude work on your betsizing. getting to the river as we did, i still think its shove>>>>check>>your bet
    Why's the over shove the best line as played? Simply because he gets off for too much of a discount when he's behind and we pay our whole stack when we're behind?

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    i think a shove is > betting hp because this guy is a fish and his range is incredibly strong right now and if hes calling $230 or whatever hes probably calling a shove.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    $250 Turn, shove river.
    Quote Originally Posted by meeloche
    Why that much ISF? With 230 it ends up being a little less than a half pot river shove (unless I did my math wrong) which i think is ideal. I also don't want to invite him to do something stupid like fold 222 on the turn.

We could be splitting hairs here though.
    I don't think being able to bet river anything substantial matters because we're never bluffing in this spot anyways.
    Check out the new blog!!!