Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

6bi's in 85 hands!!!

Default 6bi's in 85 hands!!!

So I am not really a HU player but I have been reading "Easy Game" and the final chapter is on HU and is written by MatthewRyan. In it he advises newbies to open 100% from the button and continue with 90% if called. So I read the chapter a couple times and decided to just mess around a bit. I have an account on AP that I use just for this type of experimenting and only have a +/- $100 most times. They have hu tables all the way down to 2nl so I open a table and wait. Long story short I play 85 hands for a profit of $13.70 or a winrate of 805.88bb/100. Unfortunately I'm playing from my office and had to shut down at that point but it was really interesting to say the least. As MatthewRyan says people just starting playing a lot of hands oop or they just spazzzed out and went spewcrazy.

Well I doubt I'll become a big contributor here but I wanted to share my hu story/brag! I will be reading and working this a little more I have to admit.
    "You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience...
    The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    Do you have testicles? If so, learn to bet like it
    ^^ Nice. I might give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    Nice! Yeah people spazz out sooo much HU through at least 100nl, maybe higher, but I haven't played anything above that. It's a fun game too, more thinking and less autopilot.