Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

AA raised on riv line check pl0x

Default AA raised on riv line check pl0x

Vil's a 22/14 2AF, 6% 3b over 500 hands. I've been pounding him quite a bit pre and postflop up to this hand but haven't shown down much so I'm unsure of his bluffing frequencies. I saw him call down light for stacks in a 3b pot.

SB: $176.00
    BB: $145.15
    Hero (UTG): $695.40
    CO: $244.75
    BTN: $400.30

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A A
    Hero raises to $7.00, 1 fold, BTN calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($17.00) Q T 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $12.00, BTN calls $12

Turn: ($41.00) 8 (2 players)
    Hero bets $32.00, BTN calls $32

River: ($105.00) 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $82.00, BTN raises to $349.30 all in, Hero folds

This seemed like an easy fold at the time but I'm not so sure now and am having a pretty hard time putting him on a hand. I would assume he'd look to raise the turn with TT/22/QT/J9, though he could've been banking on me barreling on the river. So, I dunno. What do you guys think? Anyone play this differently?
    Last edited by nitcracker; 02-26-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    2AF, you bet pretty big on river, seems like an easy fold.

He can def have quite a few AQhh, KQhh, JQhh, AJhh and even some AKhh given he's pretty tight 3betting and you're utg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I fold here his range has a lot of gutters with backdoor hearts as well as Qx of hearts.
    meh, you will obv get bluff here some % time
    Not sure if enough, to make a call. This is really feel/dynamic/history dependant decision, you must be at the table. You have a bluffcatcher, decide if he`s bluffing often enough given the pot odds (must likely turning weaker pair + gutter on the turn into a bluff)
    One of the easiest folds I've ever seen.
    Since we block the AJ/AKs, there's really only one hand (KJ) that could be whiff bluffing and it's incredibly unlikely. And it's rare enough that you don't need to worry about him doing this with KQ or QJ. Snapfold.
    Family Cruise IMO
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    you should bet smaller when your range contains so few bluffs and its pretty ambitious for him to find a call with worse. It would also give him worse bluffing odds and you worse calling odds so you won't feel as exploited folding here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    you should bet smaller when your range contains so few bluffs and its pretty ambitious for him to find a call with worse. It would also give him worse bluffing odds and you worse calling odds so you won't feel as exploited folding here.
    good point. i just felt i could get away with more given our dynamic
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    but are betting small with your bluffs also in this spot? becuase its kinda hard to bluff small here.
    Or it doest matter, we can almost not have a bluffing range in this spot if we want to, just vbet on the smaller size with thinner hands?
    Players usually don't try to rep runner runner flushes...