SB: $14.15

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 7 7

fold, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 8 2 2
    MP bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.07, 2 players) 5
    MP bets $1.00, Hero ???

I'm pretty sure this is a standard fold but I just want to make sure. The only hands I can beat are flush draws and overcards, everything else has me in pretty bad shape. The PSB's were throwing me off though, wasn't sure what to read into it.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Bet sizing seems nutted id fold
    Why do you call the flop?
    I never know what to do when villain knows my range is weak, like here. 822, we obviously have jack shit most of the time and he should be able to just triple barrel his entire range. But hes a 40/10 something drooler, so idfk.
    Go allin before he can and you win the bluff war
    Hmm. . .
    The first time I looked at this I thought it was an easy fold, because I thought you were the preflop raiser. . . but is the villain positionally aware? Without reads in so few hands, I'd say fold here, if not on the flop as you were primarily hunting a set anyways, I'd assume. His calling range has quite a few 8s and possibly X2s depending, but with a cbet without reads from a 12% PFR who is otherwise normally passive, unless you have him with a high AF or AFq, and cbetting relentlessly on all PFRs, I'd say it's an easy fold (even on the flop IMO, as we're so often behind vs. an average player). Basically without further reads, I see no reason to jeopardize your stack in a line where your only possible option is to call down the line and hope he's not bluffing--I see no point to bluff shove if you're only folding his bluff lines, and maybe an 8x, which is probably not a large part of his PFR range.

Also, do you know what your stats were at the table? I don't think it matters here with so few hands on the villain, but I'm curious if he might be playing back at you.
    In spots like this its good to know what your range is and therefore understand where in your range your given hand lies.

I would think 77 is near the bottom (along with hands like AJ/AQ) so folding turn probably isn't too bad. Villain also pot the flop and turn which would lean me more towards a fold with hands that are borderline calls/folds unless we had a reason to believe he is particularly aggro and his psb's can be discounted in terms of strength or his bet sizing is a likely indication of him having a weak range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a standard fold but I just want to make sure. The only hands I can beat are flush draws and overcards, everything else has me in pretty bad shape. The PSB's were throwing me off though, wasn't sure what to read into it.
    yep, fold turn, nh
    OP i think VIllain potting turn, either means he has a Nutted hand, or a strong Draw that he is trying to take down the pot with. I just dont think it's much of a bluff bet sizing. Against a hand range consisting of Strong hands(overpairs)+ and Strong draws, your 77 equity is faring pretty bad, so i would just fold.
    Board: 8d 2d 2h 5s

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 30.210% 30.21% 00.00% 864 0.00 { 7c7h }
    Hand 1: 69.790% 69.79% 00.00% 1996 0.00 { 88+, AdKd, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad9d, A8s, KdQd, KdJd, KdTd, QdJd, QdTd, JdTd, AKo }