Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

live $1/$2 nlhe queens vs aces

Default live $1/$2 nlhe queens vs aces

I played $1/$2 nlhe in Reno Saturday night turning $200 into $287.

One hand kind of stuck out. I start the hand with about $250 and get QQ in middle position. There are some folds and then the tight player to my immediate right with about $200 raises to $12. I re-raise to $25. Everyone else folds. He re-raises me to $55.

At this point it is $30 so I don't have the odds to set mine if he has KK or AA. Of course part of his range is a re-raise with something like AK but it just doesn't feel like this type of thing is a big part of his range.

I fold and he shows me AA.
    Seems fine to me to exploitably fold in a live 1/2 game. Population read is that nobody is re raising light in this spot, and 99-JJ and AK likely calls your raise. I wouldn't even be happy to get in KK here personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Seems fine to me to exploitably fold in a live 1/2 game. Population read is that nobody is re raising light in this spot, and 99-JJ and AK likely calls your raise. I wouldn't even be happy to get in KK here personally.
    Right, I had been playing with him for a fairly long time. I figured more times than not he would just call my 3-bet with AK instead of 4-betting.
    You know he's tight( that's your read). You cant set mine, even If he is 4betting QQ+/ AK You cant call the 4b profitabile. To 5b AI first You need him to 4b QQ+AK and then If he 4b/fold QQ/AK You are roughly running 0EV. To make a profitabile 5bAI w/QQ You need him to call QQ+/AK. So best is fold.
    If You think You will play him a lot more in the future You could one time 5bAI or call his 5b AI w QQ/AK, hoping that If he sees this one time play ( only You know is one time) he will start calling your KK/AA 5b AI w/ QQ/AK or pushing this over your 4b. By this , the one time stack lost w/ AK/QQ will return You a bigger profit on your AA/KK.
    Last edited by Razvan729; 10-04-2016 at 04:46 AM.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    If he is not the kind to adjust and keeps his play, just 3b+ w/ black KK and all AA and just call IP his open/ flat his 3b w/ red kings. Overall, you'll improve your EV and even might tilt him and make him spew.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razvan729 View Post
    If You think You will play him a lot more in the future You could one time 5bAI or call his 5b AI w QQ/AK, hoping that If he sees this one time play ( only You know is one time) he will start calling your KK/AA 5b AI w/ QQ/AK or pushing this over your 4b. By this , the one time stack lost w/ AK/QQ will return You a bigger profit on your AA/KK.
    I don't live in Reno so the chances of playing a lot more with him in the future are close to zero. But yeah, I know what you're saying for people I play against repeatedly in home games.
    Is 6x open standard sizing for this game?

I feel like I'd rather 3b a BIT bigger, $12 to $25 seems kinda small but as played vs a tight player I don't mind the fold to the 4b.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    Is 6x open standard sizing for this game
    There was a drunk that would often open with either $7 or $12. I guess others started copying him.