Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

next batch, top pair oop in 3-bet, middle boat and jj on paired board

Default next batch, top pair oop in 3-bet, middle boat and jj on paired board

I'm having a pretty insane month. Somehow down over 60 Buyins at 2/4 and well...I feel like i'm playing pretty good but at this point (already being down huge on the year) I must have huge leaks. Here are my 3 biggest pots from today's sesh (that weren't coolers or PF flips). I apologize for the whiny undertone to these posts, it comes with the territory of 3rd separate 100 BI downswing in 15 months. .

Hand 1 :

Villain is a good aggro reg. 35/30 12% 3-bet. I haven't been in too many 3-bet pots with him at this point so i'm not too sure what his calling range pf is here. I assume 77+ AJs + . Again, folding pre here is obviously best... but I mean I rarely make moves here so when I do and i get in these spots I kind of feel like I should get some credit for a hand (i am viewed as pretty nitty on this site. 24/20 with 8% 3-bet and i'm pretty passive post. Should I just c/fold my fucking life?

No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($879.63)
    Button ($474.75)
    SB ($950)
    Hero (BB) ($535.40)
    UTG ($538.37)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, J
    UTG bets $17.50, MP calls $17.50, 2 folds, Hero raises $67.50, UTG calls $55, 1 fold

Flop: ($165) J, 3, 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $95, UTG calls $95

Turn: ($355) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $370.87 (All-In), Hero calls $367.90 (All-In) ???

Hand 2 :

Same villain as in hand 1. He's owning me pretty hard and just recently coolered me on another table. I thought this was a decent spot to call flop since I can c/shove a bunch of cards and it's also obviously a great spot for him to attack my c-bet. What do we think of his turn call? It seems incredibly strong...I obviously can't realistically c/fold the river, but I think you can make a case for it. He's 3-betting all overpairs except 99 pre.

No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1107.30)
    SB ($496.25)
    BB ($775.23)
    Hero (UTG) ($500)
    MP ($1120.59)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 7
    Hero bets $17.50, MP calls $17.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($42.50) 8, 3, 6 (2 players)
    Hero bets $31.87, MP raises $93.74, Hero calls $61.87

Turn: ($229.98) 6 (2 players)
    Hero bets $110, MP calls $110

River: ($449.98) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $278.76 (All-In),

Total pot: $1007.50

Hand 3:

Villain is another winning reg. Has similar stats as me, 25/21 8% 3-bet calls 25% of 3-bets. He definitely plays back a lot in 3-bet pots. I guess I should always just play ABC and I'd say I b/fold here about 80% of the time but it also seems that the one time I do c/call I always get 3-balled.
    No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($410.75)
    UTG ($90)
    MP ($2374)
    Button ($364.55)
    Hero (SB) ($489)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
    1 fold, MP bets $10, 1 fold, Hero raises $32, 1 fold, MP calls $24

Flop: ($72) 6, 10, Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets $40, Hero calls $40

Turn: ($152) 7 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets $85, Hero calls $85

River: ($322) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets $2215 (All-In), Hero wonders how ppl win at pokerz.
    Family Cruise IMO
    1) Pre is too thin even for me. Postflop I mean meh. I'd shove turn and reload.

2) I wouldn't call the flop raise and I wouldn't lead the turn as played. I'd c/c river as played.

3) Call.
    Hand 1 - what's his 4bet stat? I think vs an utg range, a fold could be ok here

Hand 2 - I reallllly don't like the turn lead. The whole point of calling the flop to begin with is because you think he's light enough here to warrant it. So leading the turn completely goes against this fact. If he's light, then let him bluff. If he's not light, then fold flop.

Hand 3 - I would probably bet flop here. As played, I can't imagine he expects us to fold to this river. I would fold, this is a really bad bluffing card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Yeah nr three is close. I was thinking that he valuebets worse on this card.
    hand 1: pre is preety meh, c/f turn, if you are going to continue c/cing>>>jamming.

hand 2: flop float is fine imo, turn lead I don't mind though I'd make it a size he's more likely to jam over like $145, as played if you think he has no overpairs in his range bar 99 river is a c/c.

hand 3: I bet flop, hate taking c/c lines with the middle parts of my value range, as played fold.
    "This sure beats Super Mario Bros.!" is my ejaculation catch phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOTHEC101 View Post
    hand 3: I bet flop, hate taking c/c lines with the middle parts of my value range, as played fold.
    If you're not c/c with middle parts of your value range, then what parts of your range are you c/c with? Or are you just not c/c, only taking bet or c/f?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    1 i like a c/f
    2 i cant think of a turn card where i would want to c/s. lead is ok, river i would c/c
    3. fold turn prob u have bloxxers to his semibluff range
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    If you're not c/c with middle parts of your value range, then what parts of your range are you c/c with? Or are you just not c/c, only taking bet or c/f?

I don't really have a c/c range in this exact spot where I'm c betting a very high % of the time. If I do I generally do it with the stronger parts of my v range as people spazz super hard plus they'll often incorrectly value bet thinking my range is alot weaker.
    Last edited by ATOTHEC101; 08-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    "This sure beats Super Mario Bros.!" is my ejaculation catch phrase.
    first hand i think its too thin to bet turn, he cant be calling w/ that many flush draws pre and prob calls w/ better jacks, maybe qq, 101010 for sures? against that range i think its a fold plus i think he could be inclined to check back flush draws sometimes, and 10 high ones that hit a pair on turn so flushes are discounted. overall c/f looks good. pre is also too loose for my standards unless my image is very tight, either way id pick a better hand to squeeze vs most villains.

second hand, calling flop raise looks meh w/o a strong read. turn lead seems okay, but like, u called flop so u think the guys fos a lot so just let him bluff? check riv looks decent cuz he should have lots of draws in his range there.

hand 3 u cant be doing too well vs his turn betting range, stove it and find out. too often ur just getting owned on river w/ hands u beat anyways so might as well give up there
    good post, hand 1 he had 10-10-10, hand two he had 888 and hand 3 he had AQ.
    Family Cruise IMO
    general questions about hand 2:

Whats the plan on different turn cards if he calls the flop?
    What do you think of c/c'ing flop? Should we c/c any of our range?

I hate spots like this
    - c/c flop and your range is pretty face up
    - cbet flop and have no idea what to do on turns, how to play vs flop raises