Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Fold to a 3 bet (stat ambiguity , for me at least) PT3

Default Fold to a 3 bet (stat ambiguity , for me at least) PT3

I have the factory " fold to a 3bet " stat on my HUD.

2 preflop scenarios
    MP folds

MP raises in €0.08
    LP raises to €0.24
    MP folds

Im convinced both these examples are recorded as fold to 3 bets .

Please tell me im wrong. (looks like i am ,re: next question )

--------------------------------------------

Moving on slightly.

3Bet [P/F/T/R] (Three Bet on the Preflop/Flop/Turn/River)

Description: The percentage of times the player made a 3-bet (re-raised a raiser) preflop or on the flop, turn or river when they had the opportunity. This includes all 3-bets, not just those where this player made the original bet.

Again , when we glance at someones "factory " fold to a 3bet stat , we are making a pre-flop decision , based on their partial post-flop stat ?
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic123 View Post
    I have the factory " fold to a 3bet " stat on my HUD.

2 preflop scenarios
    MP folds

MP raises in €0.08
    LP raises to €0.24
    MP folds

Im convinced both these examples are recorded as fold to 3 bets .

Please tell me im wrong. (looks like i am ,re: next question )

--------------------------------------------
    I'm still very new to PT3 but I can say this is not the case with mine - these are not recorded as "fold to 3bet".

Fraid I can't help you with the second question.
    re: #2, you're right, this is a retarded stat; you can generate your own, less-retarded stat in the stat interface, that will not include situations where a bet and raise occur in front of you and you fold behind as part of folding to 3bet.

Also I should point out that this is obviously most useful for preflop situations only.

re: #1, you're wrong, the first situation isn't counted a fold to 3-bet.

backwards, I answered you.
    as best i know, anytime you fold your hand in a pot which has been 3bet before the action got to you (and hasn't been 4/5/6/7bet before you) counts as fold to 3bet.

so preflop scenario one is not a "fold to 3b" because the action went call -> raise -> fold. a 3bet is another name for a "re-raise", that is, to raise somebody elses raise. in this scenario, LP is raising a limp, so it's not a 3bet.

preflop scenario two is folding to a 3bet. because it went raise, 3bet, fold.

as for question number two, yeah postflop 3bet stats require a pretty large sample and are largely irrelevant to most of us. i have my hud showing "preflop fold to 3bet". because that's basically the only 3bet stat i'm interested in (and having it show P/F/T/R fold to 3bets skews the stat, making it less accurate for preflop, which is what i want it for)
    Thanks. As always, advice and comments appreciated.
    Found this

Hold Em Manager vs Poker Tracker 3 | mpethypoker.com

3. Deceptive HUD Stats
    There are a few stats in Poker Tracker 3′s HUD that, if you don’t realize they have absurd definitions, they will make you make mistakes at the table that will cost you money.
    The most ridiculous of these issues is the fold to 3 bet stat for the villain. In HEM, this stat identifies spots where you were the preflop raiser and folded when you got three bet. It is common sense to count the stat this way.
    In PT3, you get an absurd definition: PT3 counts it as a fold to 3 bet if you have yet to put money in the pot, and there is a raise and a 3 bet in front of you, and you just fold. This inflates the fold to 3 bet stats of players as compared to HEM stats.
    More importantly, it includes in the calculation a situation that is utterly irrelevant, and leaves you guessing as to what you really need to know: how often a player will fold to a 3 bet after having raised. Mistakes here will cost you money directly, either causing you to make an unprofitable 3 bet, or causing you to pass up a marginally profitable 3 bet........
    Another reason why HEM > PT3?
    [20:19] <Zill4> god
    [20:19] <Zill4> u guys
    [20:19] <Zill4> so fking hopeless
    [20:19] <Zill4> and dumb
    "re: #2, you're right, this is a retarded stat; you can generate your own, less-retarded stat in the stat interface, that will not include situations where a bet and raise occur in front of you and you fold behind as part of folding to 3bet."

How do i do this?