Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

10nl 77 ep vs. BB flat... double barrel?

Default 10nl 77 ep vs. BB flat... double barrel?

Villain hasn't 3b in Blinds vs. early opener, FTCB= 50%(1/2) , i've been fairly aggressive pre, and post but this is our first run in this sesh.

Since he's Pos aware. seems to have a solid pre-flop game. his flatting range vs. my ep open is 22-TT,KQo,AJo-AQo, QJs,KQs,ATs-AQs. or close.

OTF: i wanna cbet almost 100% here, but i also think if we i do. I should DB the same amount right? Even on a heart turn. If we can get him to fold out any
    better pair OTT repping the flush.

Revolution Gaming Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4,

BTN: $9.55 (VPIP: 12.82, PFR: 9.62, 3Bet Preflop: 3.45, Hands: 161)
    SB: $9.90 (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
    BB: $15.09 (VPIP: 24.35, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.76, Hands: 118)
    UTG: $9.21 (VPIP: 15.63, PFR: 3.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 34)
    Hero (MP): $18.19
    CO: $9.72 (VPIP: 45.22, PFR: 6.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 119)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 7 7

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 2 4 K
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.33, BB calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.31, 2 players) 3
    BB checks,
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    C'mon, Weld. It's all about manipulating ranges, you know that. You included a pre-flop range, so kudos for that. Why did you not post your thoughts on Villain's range after the flop? In fact, without any read on Villain's post-flop play, it's hard to know whether he'll station down light or not, which is hugely important to deciding whether to barrel here.

How did the C-bet affect Villain's range?

How will DB'ing OTT affect that range?

Whether or not to fire a 2nd barrel is hinging on these ranges.

At least make a hypothesis to these ranges if you're going to attempt to determine a "best" line to take here.
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    I don't think I bet the turn. Even if he has a worse hand, some of them like say AhJ and QhJ have a FD to go with the over cards and his equity is still pretty high. He may fold out his 55-TT but the 3h isnt exactly a scare card for him.
    You shouldnt have many flushes in your range from a EP open so it might be tough to pass that off on him unless he isnt thinking....

But thats just me. It's a little borderline, because I want to protect my pair against Fd's and overs but it might be better to try to get to SD cheap with a pair of 7's
    Against the range you provided, I'm not betting the turn. It's unknown if he'll fold 88-TT or call with 55-66. He's not folding Qx or better made hands. Check turn/eval river imo.