Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

question for Griffey

Default question for Griffey

I was reading a thread in short handed JV started and you guys were discussing stats.

Griffey you posted this as your stats: generally run around 26/20/2.7ish with a 3b of around 9%.Play pretty tight EP (13-14% VPIP/PFR), maybe around 37-40% VPIP on button.

I'm just curious what your pfr otb is?
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Let's make it a game. I'll say 30-32%
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I'm going to go for 34.7.

Can't take ranges, that ruins it.
    I'm going to go for about 40+%
    I go through phases of trying different things. My latest is really opening my defending ranges in blinds. I don't have HEM at work, but I would imagine it would be similar to this:

Position: VPIP/PFR
    UTG: 13/13
    UTG+1: 15/15
    CO: 28/23
    BTN: 40-45/36 (steal probably pretty high 55-65%)
    SB: 25/20
    BB: 30-35/20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    haha nice jyms

also for what it's wort, I'm 2.5x on btn, 2.5x or 3x on CO, and 3x everywhere else, maybe 3.5x sometimes EP if fish is in blinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    36% would make me closest btw
    This game is rigged. I was basing my guess off the stats given in the op, 37-40 bu vpip. You guys is jeetin'.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    I go through phases of trying different things. My latest is really opening my defending ranges in blinds. I don't have HEM at work, but I would imagine it would be similar to this:

Position: VPIP/PFR
    UTG: 13/13
    UTG+1: 15/15
    CO: 28/23
    BTN: 40-45/36 (steal probably pretty high 55-65%)
    SB: 25/20
    BB: 30-35/20
    Interesting. My current stats are more like 30/25 (down from 40/30, adjusted my play) but my button, while having a higher VPIP as expected, doesn't have a higher PFR compared to EP. This is probably because I like to call a lot of hands IP. Should I 3bet more on the button? I'm already tending towards doing this more often as 3bets IP are so hard to play against compared to 3bets from the blinds.

On the other hand it fits my playstyle to play lots of flops because people make more mistakes there than preflop. But I def need to loosen up more on the button if I look at your stats compared to mine, and play tighter EP. I have it in my head that EP raises get more respect, so I like to raise there more often than you'd normally do, but this is no doubt exploitable if people catch on.

Also my VPIP/PFR from the BB is slightly lower than my SB, this can't be right. Leakbuster told me I leaked in the BB (too much calling, too little 3betting) so I adjusted, but seems far from optimal. Small sample size btw, I don't play a lot of cash atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Interesting. My current stats are more like 30/25 (down from 40/30, adjusted my play) but my button, while having a higher VPIP as expected, doesn't have a higher PFR compared to EP. This is probably because I like to call a lot of hands IP. Should I 3bet more on the button? I'm already tending towards doing this more often as 3bets IP are so hard to play against compared to 3bets from the blinds.

On the other hand it fits my playstyle to play lots of flops because people make more mistakes there than preflop. But I def need to loosen up more on the button if I look at your stats compared to mine, and play tighter EP. I have it in my head that EP raises get more respect, so I like to raise there more often than you'd normally do, but this is no doubt exploitable if people catch on.

Also my VPIP/PFR from the BB is slightly lower than my SB, this can't be right. Leakbuster told me I leaked in the BB (too much calling, too little 3betting) so I adjusted, but seems far from optimal. Small sample size btw, I don't play a lot of cash atm.

I used to cold call more on the button, but have getting a large enough sample size and doing a lot of filters on my cold calling I realized a ton of my cold call range was -EV. Again, any hand you play on the button HAS to be profitable (since we're not required to put money into the pot), so if there are unprofitable hands you really have to remove them from your range.

By the similar token, BB hands ONLY have to perform better than -100bb/100, so any hand (even hands losing money) that performs better than this standard HAS to be played. So yah you really should be playing more hands out of the BB than SB, because -100bb/100 is the threshold for BB compared to -50bb/100 for SB, and also cause you're last to act so not worried of facing squeezes etc, so can call wider/3b wider.