Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K Q

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 5 T Q
    UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) 4
    UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.35, 2 players) 3
    UTG bets $2.10, fold

Griffey is always saying for us to post hands of situations that always arise and I thought this would be one of them. Might be super standard but whatever, I could be doing something massively wrong.

Is this line OK? My thinking is that he could be betting so many draws on the flop and turn but once he bets the river I just don't think he bets w/ anything here that we beat.

We're getting 3:1, if he bluffs w/ just a few combos, say AKs, AJs & KJs, then it makes this a call. I don't think villain is bluffing very often here at all though.

Thoughts?
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Yah this is a tough spot. I'd ask what his EP raise is, but low sample.

I think based on his sizing, and all the bricked draws I would call this. Not loving it, but we need to be good so rarely (25%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    i'd even fold turn. he has, TT/QQ/KK/AA/AQ... even combo draws have enough equity vs our hand. he needs to bluff to many times to make it a call vs the number of value combos he has... but i am a nit
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    i thought about this one for ages and i can't decide. so i probably just fold because my natural tendency is to be a station, so when a decision looks pretty damn near 50/50 to me, folding is probably more prudent then calling
    Yeah I think it's close. I mostly play it exactly like you did, but, getting this price I sometimes call because of the diamond draw and the gutters around the Q/T.
    I think I like folding turn, and honestly if we're folding turn this might be a fold preflop vs. this guy when he opens UTG.

I usually don't say this, but I think if we call turn we pretty much have to call river given price. And when he shows down AA here I'm pretty sure we should be folding pre.
    Last edited by baudib; 12-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    i was a bit iffy about pre too, but i think 5-handed a reggy-seeming player is going to be opening enough worse hands for this to be a profitable call IP

edit: and i agree with whomever said that flop is too big for this texture. especially if we are considering turning this into a multi-street bluff. i don't mind it as much if your plan is to bet flop then give up, because betting slightly larger means we are probably less likely to get floated or bluff-raised. so we win the pot a higher %, which is pretty much our goal with this hand. if we are going to turn it into a bluff, i'd rather go smaller. like 6/10P or therebouts would be my standard size on this flop
    Last edited by rpm; 12-11-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    I think you could get away with jamming if you aren't perceived to be out of line
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    I think you could get away with jamming if you aren't perceived to be out of line
    I don't know.. EVERYTHING bricked. Think we'll get looked up here by most hands better than ours.

We'd be risking 8.65 for 6.45, so needs to work 57%. I think villain continues with more than 43% of his range here, esp if we're looking at hands better than ours that we want to fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks