Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

3-bet pot turn line please.

Default 3-bet pot turn line please.

Help my turn play is awful. I'm fairly confident villain is a weaker passive non reg, I've not seen him before and he was repping some kind of silver or chrome star. I hate this turn card, what do you guys want to do here? I guess what I'm really wondering is whether I can justify c/f to decent bet sizes here or whether I should just b/f.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 18.34, PFR: 15.98, 3Bet Preflop: 7.28, Hands: 687)
    Hero (BB): 156.73 BB
    UTG: 76.21 BB (VPIP: 46.51, PFR: 18.60, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)
    MP: 49.86 BB (VPIP: 17.39, PFR: 16.52, 3Bet Preflop: 7.84, Hands: 116)
    CO: 106.29 BB (VPIP: 23.08, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 40)
    BTN: 37.16 BB (VPIP: 24.23, PFR: 21.14, 3Bet Preflop: 11.49, Hands: 634)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, CO calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.5 BB, 2 players) Q 7 T
    Hero bets 13 BB, CO calls 13 BB

Turn: (46.5 BB, 2 players) Q
    Hero?
    Last edited by Carroters; 07-21-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    i'd bet about 22bb here. and i'd do the same with my whole range (which would probably be exclusively for value on this turn card). we/the board now block a lot of his Qx and he wont be folding 88/99/JJ/JTs/T9s. seems we get enough value to bet/fold. the fact that we rarely get bluff-raised on this board makes me even happier to just b/f whatever amount i would bet with Qx (22 seems a balanced size, ie we would bet the same with our nut range looking to ship river)

edit: he may also be bad enough to call 98s or KJs, which is obviously great for us if we are only planning to get 2 streets. because we never pay him off and an Ace river is a disaster card for him
    Last edited by rpm; 07-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    you probably wouldn't check a queen so you have to bet

I think his calling range on this flop is wide enough, and he's not gonna bluff raise this turn all that much when the Q pairs, so b/f.
    Yeah, i like the line b/f also. The board give some draws and this card doesn´t help him a lot of times and in river depending the card that comes you decide your line.
    I really think the opposite of the last two posts. This particular turn card, more than any, he will now decide to turn marginals into bluffs and shove draws thinking you will have to b/f a very wide range here. I mean, what is our b/c range vs a CO open? AQ and maybe T's full?

I'm esp b/c here if we have reads that he calls wide pre and post, and could end up with back door hearts here, that will likely be jamming turn.

I mean.. why would Qx jam the turn? Qx should be happy just calling down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    are these thoughts and strategies really likely of a (probably) weak, passive, non-reg though?