Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

$2.09 4-man HU

Default $2.09 4-man HU

Just started playing around with heads up play, seems a little less stressful than the 45-man/9-man SnG's I usually play. I think I may just approach a HU match better than a longer game.

This is the final table villain, I had their table in the corner while I played (handled) my first opponent. He's 3-betting frequently (HU I know), but I think it's more chasing draws than pairs/2 pairs.

Would you re-raise less to get him to continue? Or flat call his second raise on the turn and shove river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.09 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t3200)
    BB (t2800)

Hero's M: 53.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
    Hero bets t120, BB calls t80

Flop: (t240) 5, 6, 5 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t160, BB calls t160

Turn: (t560) J (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t120, BB raises to t400, Hero raises to t800, BB raises to t1600, Hero raises to t2920 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t3760
    I don't see how you play this hand any better, you got him to put in 1600 chips on the turn with absolutely nothing.
    Flat his c/r on the turn. Most of the time he will have a pretty nutted hand here, which you will more than likely get it in by the river because there aren't too many scare cards.

The reason for flating turn is because for the small % he does have air you let him barrel off on the river. I think for any trips+ value hand he has it really doesnt make a difference if you raise turn or flat imo