Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Sticky Policy for Operations

Default Sticky Policy for Operations

Hello.

Starting right now, I'll be removing stickies from any operations that haven't been updated in more than 3 weeks.

If a previously "dormant" operation starts getting updated regularly again, then I'll put a sticky back on it.

Feedback on this policy is welcome.
    Well, I think you might be best to just simply un-sticky them all. No offense to those undertaking an operation but if they keep posting, the operation thread will bump itself and we can all support them. I don't think the stickies are neccissary anymore with the huge influx in operations

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Okay. I'm the guilty one. I started stickying the Operations when there were only 3. I didn't think it would grow into this leviathan.

Personally, I think it's kinda neat (and funny) to see all the Operations up at the top of the forum. Okay... so more funny than practical at this point.

What you do with these is up to you, johnny, and the feedback that you get here. If the stickies stay, I would suggest (obvious and you've probably already considered this) that there should only be one sticky "Operation" per member.

Perhaps you should put up a poll to see if people want these stickies or not.
    Perhaps there should be a new thread where all the operations go - FTR Hospital, save filling up poker etc
    YNWA
    "FTR Hospital"... roffle.

I'm not sure this warrants an entire forum of its own. I really want to keep our forum count to a neat and juicy few. It's already pretty big.

I've seen forums that implode on their own weight because they become huge behemoths that visitors are too scared to dive into and get involved in.
    I vote for unsticky them all. You have to scroll down to see the new messages with all of the operations in the way.
    I'll throw in my vote to unsticky all of the operations. Just let the active ones bump up and let the rest fade away.

Besides, some of these are getting rather silly. Just putting the word "Operation" in the subject of your post doesn't warrant getting a sticky as some people seem to hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    I vote for unsticky them all. You have to scroll down to see the new messages with all of the operations in the way.
    I agree.
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You
    the swing vote that decides it all............ unstocky
    It's hard work. Gambling. Playing poker. Think about what it's like sitting at a poker table with people whose only goal is to cut your throat, take your money, and leave you out back talking to yourself about what went wrong inside.

I agree that "unsticky" is the best course of action. I have unstickied the operations.